Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6551 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
@Simsample, can you share the deets on that mod? I would love to have my townies carry unexpressed alien genetics - especially in Strangetown!

The mod is from Theo's Shack- long gone but still visible on the wayback machine:
https://web.archive.org/web/2010013...wbakkas.net:80/
I uploaded the alien eyes mod here- it contains Theo's alien skin mod too, so both should show up on townies, NPCs and in CAS.
http://simfileshare.net/download/216872/
Note that the mod will cause your townies to have expressed alien genetics, not unexpressed.

@Charmful I love that lot, what a great idea! :lovestruc
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6552 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Thanks everyone!

FUN answer: They are in migration

Functional answer:

You have to show us a pic once someone's moved in. I want to see them all flying about!
Inventor
#6553 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 2:44 PM
I'm so glad I found out about a permanently empty Groups and Accessory cache yesterday, no more deleting and regenerating for me. And I think my game runs faster because of them. Though the Accessory.cache doesn't stay on read-only, but it doesn't bloat up every time I open my game so that's good

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Forum Resident
#6554 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 5:27 PM
@Charmful - that lot is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the glass enclosure, and I can't wait to see all the birds flying around! How lovely!
Link Ninja
#6555 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
@Charmful - that lot is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the glass enclosure, and I can't wait to see all the birds flying around! How lovely!

Thank you!! I played the lot last night so there are some pics if the birds flying in the pet picture thread, even more on my simblr (link in signature)

It was super fun to play and a good way to play out an elders' lifestage. They may have empty nest syndrome but not when they take care of birds :D

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
#6556 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 8:13 AM
Wow @Charmful
Nature sims LTW is to live in your house.

Hi. I'm Caren but you can also call me Beau. I luv sims since I was born.
I GOT A YOUTUBE(Eng sub provided) : YOUTUBE
You can find my ts2&ts4 pre-mades' stories here: Blog(korean)
Not very active on the tumblr now but: Tumblr
I can be found at Discord channels dedicated to ts2.
Mad Poster
#6557 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 7:36 PM
Some of the music from the Pop genre in TS2 are actually pretty good (stereo music). I went on YouTube and found Brick & Lace's 'Love is wicked' and The Veronica's 'When it all falls apart'.

Also, I wish sims can do ballet without the ballet bar.
Field Researcher
#6558 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
Some of the music from the Pop genre in TS2 are actually pretty good (stereo music). I went on YouTube and found Brick & Lace's 'Love is wicked' and The Veronica's 'When it all falls apart'.

Indeed. I love many tracks in Pop and College Rock stations. And I love also song which called Unthinkable by Joana J from Country station.
Scholar
#6559 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 7:58 PM
This game has the best looking babies that I had ever seen in a life simulation game. I hate how on Sims 3 they all seem to have those matching brown eyes even though none of your sims have that gene and as for Sims 4 ugh don't even get me started on that game. I had even called that game The Game That Shall Not Be Named. It's a name that I had I came up while I was talking to my sister about it referencing and poking fun at Harry Potter my favorite book series. I had already finished OOTP and I can't wait to move on to HBP. Also on Sims 3 they're swaddled up in those blankets and hardly seem to move around that much unlike the Sims 2 babies who actually act and look like real babies. They just feel much more realistic and human to me then the dolls of Sims 3 and 4.
Mad Poster
#6560 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 8:21 PM
Sims 4? What's that? Never heard of it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6561 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 11:53 PM
Holleyberry has glasses on her toddler sim! I had no idea this was possible.

Of course MTS has them for download.

Time to boot up the Ottomas to test them out! Tommy needs glasses. Tommy always needs glasses. Pretty much any Ottomas who doesn't wear glasses is wearing contacts. Hmm. I've been playing in Emerald Heights. I wonder if there's a nice house in Emerald Heights for the Ottomas . . . David's come home from school with some guys, and could stand to be played.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#6562 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre

You know, that spin-off game. Remember? Although, no wonder it's forgettable.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#6563 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Holleyberry has glasses on her toddler sim! I had no idea this was possible.

Of course MTS has them for download.

Time to boot up the Ottomas to test them out! Tommy needs glasses. Tommy always needs glasses. Pretty much any Ottomas who doesn't wear glasses is wearing contacts. Hmm. I've been playing in Emerald Heights. I wonder if there's a nice house in Emerald Heights for the Ottomas . . . David's come home from school with some guys, and could stand to be played.

Where could I find those glasses?
Forum Resident
#6564 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 7:17 PM
I retextured hair and I am slowly starting to regret it.
Just like when I upload houses or sims and starts regretting it.

Creator Life 110%

I build small houses *^*
Lab Assistant
#6565 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 7:35 PM
Somewhat regularly I think about the length of the pet lifetime.

Now one of my sims has to take care of her mother's cat that was a cute kitty and now continues to be an adult for quite a while. Never again an elder will be allowed to get a kitten or a puppy.

I know that I can shorten the poor cats life span.. But I have a soft heart.
Mad Poster
#6566 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
Where could I find those glasses?

Under Downloads, Sims 2, Body shop, accessories, glasses, age group toddler.

https://www.modthesims.info/brow...&page=2&searchp[p1][1]=Glasses&searchp[p2][1]=Toddler&showType=2&gameOrig=1&gameEP1=1&gameEP2=1&gameEP3=1&gameEP4=1&gameEP5=1&gameEP6=1&gameEP7=1&gameEP8=1&gameSP1=1&gameSP2=1&gameSP3=1&gameSP4=1&gameSP5=1&gameSP6=1&gameSP7=1&gameSP0=1&gameSP8=1&gs=1

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#6567 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 2:04 PM
I want to make a Sim of Ivan the Space Biker. The spacesuit would work as an outfit.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6568 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by existerande
Somewhat regularly I think about the length of the pet lifetime.

Now one of my sims has to take care of her mother's cat that was a cute kitty and now continues to be an adult for quite a while. Never again an elder will be allowed to get a kitten or a puppy.

I know that I can shorten the poor cats life span.. But I have a soft heart.

I'm worse than that. My pets don't generally age. Occasionally, I will age one up even if he dies, but for the most part, they hang around much longer than my human sims.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#6569 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
I'm so glad I found out about a permanently empty Groups and Accessory cache yesterday, no more deleting and regenerating for me. And I think my game runs faster because of them. Though the Accessory.cache doesn't stay on read-only, but it doesn't bloat up every time I open my game so that's good

I have the permanent empty Group cache hack, but where is the one for the Accessory cache?

Had not heard of this-although I think I should!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#6570 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Under Downloads, Sims 2, Body shop, accessories, glasses, age group toddler.

Thanks, I'll download them eventually.
Test Subject
#6571 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 6:15 PM
So... the salmon dish in the game looks really good <3
Mad Poster
#6572 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre

This post deserves a prize
Inventor
#6573 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 7:07 PM Last edited by Primavera : 20th Aug 2018 at 7:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I have the permanent empty Group cache hack, but where is the one for the Accessory cache?

Had not heard of this-although I think I should!

Hey sorry for the late reply @FranH, but the Accessory cache is here

also here's an empty cigen package! It really helps because Bodyshop doesn't lag whenever I open it.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#6574 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 8:49 AM
I did download that accessories cache-and put it on 'read only'. Then I had a crash when someone was trying to get home from a CL-I don't know if it's related to that or not.

Do you know, Primavera, if that replacement is supposed to grow if you don't leave it on 'read only' status?

I put it back on that status thinking it could be the cause.
I'll play the game again and delete the caches if they grow.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Inventor
#6575 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 5:59 PM Last edited by Primavera : 21st Aug 2018 at 6:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I did download that accessories cache-and put it on 'read only'. Then I had a crash when someone was trying to get home from a CL-I don't know if it's related to that or not.

Do you know, Primavera, if that replacement is supposed to grow if you don't leave it on 'read only' status?

I put it back on that status thinking it could be the cause.
I'll play the game again and delete the caches if they grow.

Hmm that's weird, I haven't had a crash yet @FranH :0. And it does grow, albiet more slowly, because every time I put it on 'read-only' it unchecks itself, I'm still trying to work with it. But the Groups and cigen cache never grow so those are fine. I read that someone on leefish solved the problem temporarily by letting the game generate an Accessory cache by just opening the game, not going into one of their neighborhoods, and exiting back out. They put in the 1kb Accessory cache and put it on 'read-only' and it stayed at 1kb. I'm gonna open my game today and try this method

EDIT: okay I finally figured out how to make it stick! Turns out I needed to hit 'Apply' before hitting 'OK' when setting the Accessory to 'read-only' (I have Win10 so I don't know how it'll look for you). I just booted up my game and loaded Veronaville and exited back out and it stayed at 1kb. So definitely remember to hit 'Apply'

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Page 263 of 511