Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 10:35 PM
Default Lost my game
Whaaaaa I just lost my game ...city's not found...no back up. In a state of shock! Absoutely stunned!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 10:37 PM
That sucks. Are the files still in your save folder? Mootilda has a tool that lets you sometimes extract the appearance of your favourite Sims in corrupted hoods. That's only if the files are still there though. SimRetriever

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 10:42 PM
This is why we're always reminding each other to back up our games!
If you're on a Mac it's possible you've run up against the Open File Limit. If you're running an anti-virus at the same time as a game it might have mistaken a bunch of files for viruses and quarantined them.
If neither of these things is the case, I am sorry for your loss. But you will love your next neighborhood, too; and you'll remember to make backups.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#4 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 10:59 PM
When was the last time you played? Are you sure you didn't accidentally delete your game folder? Did you check in your computer's Recycle Bin to see maybe you did? Search your computer to see that you didn't move your game folder.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 11:11 PM
Ah, I was just playing an hour earlier. We have been having a lot of severe storms with close lightening. We had a power outage and it did an illegal shut down. When I turned it back on, it was real slow so I did some computer maintainance. When I tried to open the game back up, it was gone. No saved files.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 11:13 PM
I do have all of my builds saved on an external drive, so it won't take as long to rebuild. But sad to have lost my sims. Just had 4 graduate college and were in process of moving back home
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 11:15 PM
No, didn't think to check the recycle bin. But I will.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 11:19 PM
Is it your game (Install files) or your hood? If your hood has corrupted and you have no backup, sorry but it's cactus. Make backups every few days and use Hood Checker as well.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 11:20 PM
I am not on the internet as it is an old xp, so the virus programs are disabled. I run a virus check on my phone when I download to it before adding to my external drive. I also take that drive when I visit my sis and run a virus check on it, but so far, my virus program on the phone has done well.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 11:22 PM
I don't have hoodchecker. I guess I should get it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 11:24 PM
I lost the hood. The college, the night city. I had just finished revamping the night city
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 11:25 PM
@Dnsouthldy Can you please not double and triple post, it's against site rules. If you have more to say can you use the edit button?
~ thanks

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 11:31 PM
Yes, so sorry.
Link Ninja
#14 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 11:48 PM
I will add my condolences because I've had an improper shuts down completely obliterate a hood out of existence. I was never able to get it back, but this was also years ago when I didn't know there were helpful people on the internet who could help me troubleshoot.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#15 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 12:18 AM
Oh, that's the worst. Always make regular backups!

I'm thinking all through the night
I could be yours just like before
Rewrite another try
'Cause we've had the loneliest time
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 7:06 PM
You can have some of my games if you like. I have so many on the go!

Such a shame that you lost your lovely sims.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 7:33 PM
Yup. Twice now I had lost hoods with blackouts. And once on registry cleaning. But I always use that as an opportunity to start anew and have fun building stuff again, creating new stories.

So sorry for your loss. And even though I don't do backups (besides that one custom jungle hood) I'd also advise to do backups. Apparently, this is the pure example why.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 8:31 PM
I know exactly how it feels.
Five years after I started playing a hood, it just was nowhere one day.
I had 224 families in that hood. It felt like a funeral!
So I decided to look at the next step - I told myself it will be like moving, new town, new faces
My new hood is more than 4 years old and I have 257 families now (due to 18 students just having graduated).AND I HAVE A backup NOW!
Strongs
Forum Resident
#19 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 10:24 PM
Man, I start over so much I've never had a hood get past the first generation - but I've definitely mourned for sims in hoods I've played and then rashly lost or deleted. Heck, I'm starting over right now since my existing games are on my desktop and I've had to move without it.
Instructor
#20 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 12:24 AM
Dnsouthldy, I'm sorry this happen. If I would lose my current hood, I would probably uninstall the game in grief. However, this is a lesson learned, always backup your game files, and don't use the computer during lighting storms.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 1:01 AM
Default Thank you
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
Dnsouthldy, I'm sorry this happen. If I would lose my current hood, I would probably uninstall the game in grief. However, this is a lesson learned, always backup your game files, and don't use the computer during lighting storms.

You are all so kind. I did a restore to an earlier date and the game was there, but when I tried to open it, my cd rom had lost the drivers. As I am not on the internet, I could not download the drivers. Sounds line poor me bashing, but it's true. I reformatted today, have 1 more expansion to load, then the SimPE and CEP if the programs on me external will work.