Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 4:27 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Launcher issue...
Up until now I have never had any problems installing sims3pack files with the launcher (I only use it for patterns, worlds, and counters). Now, whenever I open the launcher, check the content I want to install, and click the install button, instead of getting the second window that opens and installs the content, the play button is automatically depressed and the game launches.

I am playing the game as a different user, so even with a fresh game with no content, the problem persists. If anyone has any insight into this issue, I certainly welcome any ideas. My game is fully patched up to 1.67.

Life isn't about the breaths we take, it's about the moments that take our breaths away...
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 4:45 AM
i don't understand want is your your problem cuz i am not good at english
but if you can't start your game do this: Right click on the The Sims 3>Open file location>Find TS3W>Duble click on TS3W>Your game will start without opening the launcher
hope i helped
sorry again if this is not your problem but i don't understand a lot english so sorry
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 6:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer4eveer
i don't understand want is your your problem cuz i am not good at english
but if you can't start your game do this: Right click on the The Sims 3>Open file location>Find TS3W>Duble click on TS3W>Your game will start without opening the launcher
hope i helped
sorry again if this is not your problem but i don't understand a lot english so sorry

Yes, you are not understanding the problem, but thank you for responding anyway!

My problem is that when I click to install a sims3pack using the launcher, I don't get the second window that loads the sims3pack and installs the content. Instead, the play button is activated. That shouldn't happen if I'm just installing content. I never use the launcher to start the game ; only to install patterns, worlds, and counters. I hope that clears up the misunderstanding.

Life isn't about the breaths we take, it's about the moments that take our breaths away...
Alchemist
#4 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 5:53 PM
Have you tried removing the "Missingdeps.idx" file from the DCCache folder? It's a cache file that will be recreated the next time you open the launcher.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 6:10 PM Last edited by Crmelsimlover : 9th Mar 2014 at 7:38 PM.
Default Launcher Issue (SOLVED)
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Have you tried removing the "Missingdeps.idx" file from the DCCache folder? It's a cache file that will be recreated the next time you open the launcher.

I'll give that a shot and report back.

Thanks!

EDIT: I guess that did work! Mods, you can officially consider this issue solved!

Thanks!

Locked thread