Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 7:36 PM
Default Rectangular textures show up purple-flashing
I'm having an issue with a few objects I've made. The textures are rectangular (power of 2, but something like 1024x512) and some of them show up flashing purple (they're also purple in the buy mode thumbs). The non-transparent textures show up fine, as far as I can see. Just wondered if there might be a solution.

Most of the textures with the issue are transparent/alpha-enabled.

I'm wondering if it may be a shader issue with one of the settings int he TXMT, but I'm not certain.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 3:28 PM
I believe the pink/purple flashing is an indicator that the package file references a txtr that is non-existent...technically. In reality, it often turns out that the txmt is pointing at the wrong txtr file; either with a typo in one of the file references, or the two file references don't match (there is one in the "properties" tab and one in the "file list" tab), or the txtr file has been renamed or misspelled.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 11:12 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 13th Dec 2017 at 11:37 PM.
The objects show up fine in the GMDC preview, and I've checked all the names already. The objects are all clones from a working object, and I used one of the groups to make the plants (didn't change group names), so I don't think it's the names. I had one object with a name problem, but that one showed grey in SimPE until I found the flaw (wrong prefix for one resource).

Can the "stdMatCullMode" set to "none" make this happen? It's supposed to make the mesh apply texture to both sides of the mesh. I've experimented a little bit because the original meshes are one-sided and since they're plants it looks off. All the objects with the pink-flashing issue are set to none - but some of the working objects have this setting, too.

One of the working objects has the setting "stdMatAlphaTestEnabled" to "0" (didn't need an alpha), while the pink-flashing ones are set to 1 (alpha-edited textures) - but this setting usually doesn't cause anything bad to happen.