Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 3rd May 2006 at 4:32 PM
Mmm... I'll check them out- links 1 and 2 look like guid conflicts, whilst link 3 looks like a text error- let me get back to you on this

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 6th May 2006 at 10:06 PM
I'm a bit confused. In the chance card editor in bidou's career editor, when I want the reward to be money, do I say, type 1 or 1000 when I want to give §1000?
Test Subject
#28 Old 13th May 2006 at 11:11 PM
Hi!
It's great that it is now possible to add custom outfits to careers, but I'd like to use some of the existing ones as well. Does anyone happen to have a list of what is what? For instance, I don't know what 'bluescrubs' and 'lowrank' are.
Thanks!
Test Subject
#29 Old 21st May 2006 at 9:12 PM
how do u change the outfit in each job???
i have SimPE and i know about Bidou's career editor

[COLOR=MediumTurquoise][SIZE=7]hi i love TS2!!!!
Test Subject
#30 Old 30th May 2006 at 10:10 AM
This is probably going to end up being a really dumb question, but here it goes. I started making a career and I want to close out the program to come back to it later. I close the career editor fine. I go to close SimPE and it says "Do you want to save the changes you made to the package?" Of course, I say Yes. But it doesn't do anything. That little pop up disappears and SimPE is still open.

What the heck and I missing?
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 30th May 2006 at 5:02 PM
sbz- try closing down the editor, save manually and then close down.

Test Subject
#32 Old 30th May 2006 at 9:51 PM
Thanks SuperFly, that worked!
Test Subject
#33 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 1:35 PM
this doesnt work for me, is it the new version of simpe? am i just being stupid. sorry to be a pain. x
Test Subject
#34 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 10:10 PM
I used bidou's career editor to make my career. It shows up in-game, but no matter what lvl it says you're hiring in at, you always start at the same lvl. Ex: you hire on at lvl 1, but when you check your job preformance, it shows your at lvl 4 and you've not been to work yet. This is my first attempt at a custom career. Any help would be grateful.

Thanks.
Test Subject
#35 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 11:44 PM
Default Writing job...
How do you download a writing job? :-) :lovestruc

~*R and ~*V
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 1:42 AM
Default Help!
Ok...I created a new career and it shows up in my game (it was created off of the Show Biz career). It doesn't overwrite anything. However, when I tell my Sim to take the job I get an error message (An error occurred in object "N001_User00012_Nina" #210, Error: You sent me a crappy GUID, please fix it.). I have tried changing the GUID yet again and I still get this message. Now, the Sim will still be put on the career path, but when she gets home and gets promoted I get the same error message, no pop up box, and the career changes, but it doesn't indicate that. Also, my custom outfit is not showing up. Please help!
Part-time Hermit
#37 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 8:38 AM
mvlovers100, if you want to download custom careers, look into the Download section. This thread is for discussing career creation, not downloading.
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SassyTeffie
Ok...I created a new career and it shows up in my game (it was created off of the Show Biz career). It doesn't overwrite anything. However, when I tell my Sim to take the job I get an error message (An error occurred in object "N001_User00012_Nina" #210, Error: You sent me a crappy GUID, please fix it.). I have tried changing the GUID yet again and I still get this message. Now, the Sim will still be put on the career path, but when she gets home and gets promoted I get the same error message, no pop up box, and the career changes, but it doesn't indicate that. Also, my custom outfit is not showing up. Please help!

SassyTeffie, do you mind posting up the file? I find error messages difficult to deal with, and prefer the career in front of me to work out the problem.

Test Subject
#39 Old 2nd Jul 2006 at 8:56 PM
SuperFly, can you explain to me about the confusing money reward, such as what value should be put in. E.g.: When I put 2000 it give my sim §2 million. Then, sometimes I want to give my sim only §500, and sometimes I want to give §500,000, which value should I put? I know I cannot exceed the 32767. Please help....
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 2nd Jul 2006 at 9:47 PM
nhsl5199, I've recently written an article about this little annoyance, which can be found here- http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=167814.

Test Subject
#41 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 8:34 PM
I've checked everything I can think of and can't find the prob. I've read everything I can find on it and see nothing about the issue. I used bidou's career editor to make my career. It shows up in-game, but no matter what lvl it says you're hiring in at, you always start at the same lvl. Ex: you hire on at lvl 1, but when you check your job preformance, it shows your at lvl 4 and you've not been to work yet. This is my first attempt at a custom career. Any help would be grateful.

Thanks.
Test Subject
#42 Old 14th Jul 2006 at 12:44 AM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 14th Jul 2006 at 4:43 AM. Reason: edited to remove excessive smilies
?????
I dont know how to use SimPE lol
Part-time Hermit
#43 Old 14th Jul 2006 at 4:45 AM
The SimPE forum has tutorials for the SimPE basics.
Test Subject
#44 Old 15th Jul 2006 at 2:11 PM
i just got the latest SimPE dowload, and bidou's career editor is greyed out. How do i fix this?
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 15th Jul 2006 at 2:27 PM
Have you a career loaded in SimPE?

Test Subject
#46 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 4:09 AM
I have written up my job discriptions in a text program but I don't know what I am doing with SimPE
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 12:48 AM
How do you decide which cars to use?...Is there a place to select them?

♥kelsey♥
Test Subject
#48 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 7:30 AM
what does SimPE- mean ?
Part-time Hermit
#49 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 7:39 AM
Test Subject
#50 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 7:39 AM
ok i found it but how does it work plezz help me!!!!!
Page 2 of 5