Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#3051 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
"summoned" the cowplant through Shift-clicking on newspaper then waited till the cake came out.
of the base game NPCs, it seems that the Nanny is the only on-duty NPC that it could lure.
in university; it has lured cheerleader, both kinds of mascot (though summoned a cow one through mailbox), and professor. the cafeteria NPC was not lured.
gypsy matchmaker was not lured either.
I do not recall testing the other University/Nightlife NPCs.

edit:: did test a Chinese deliverer; it was not lured.
do not recall testing Headmaster or any universal.

another edit:: a coach did come by; was not lured either.

I wonder if those other NPCs did not get eaten because they were not hungry when they came by and not tempted by the cake.
I learned about the Nanny the hard way. My Sim infant was taken away from her single father after the infant's nanny was eaten by the cowplant.

Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
Good Lord. I know I probably sound like an asskisser at this point, but I can't stop praising the wonderful developers.

I download mods, but I don't create them. I am so awed by the talent in the Sims 2 community that I'm always saying, "Oooooh," which has left my lips in a permanent A-kissing configuration.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3052 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 2:00 AM Last edited by FranH : 26th Jun 2017 at 10:54 AM.
I've known about this for a long time, ever since I got BO's "Reward Catalog"-but thought I'd pass it on-that if it's left on the lot with all the points on it, (and the furniture remains, as well) they stay on it for the next occupant to add to it.
Which means that if there is a fridge on the lot that's partially full, you can use it (if it has enough points) to refill it.

And I've had lots with left overs in the fridge-including vegetables and fish from the previous occupants.

Edit: I forgot to add the link to this: BO's Rewards Catalog

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#3053 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 10:30 AM
Oh, SQUEE, SQUEE, SQUEE! Another thing I desperately needed but didn't know existed. Thank you Fran for posting that.

If anyone else wants it, here's the link (I hope I'm doing this right)
leefish.nl/mybb/thread-913.html

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Field Researcher
#3054 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 1:10 PM
It's possible to burn food and then left in oven till it spoils.
Someone in Specter household served breakfast and then forgot about it, till I started to wonder where these annoying fly noises come from.
Mad Poster
#3055 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 2:48 PM
That is one of the most annoying things! I should probably whine about it on the Hacks-I'd-Like-to-see thread. Who among us would do something that stupid.

Welp, I just burned my dinner. I don't want to stink up the garbage can by throwing it away, so I'll just leave it on the stove or in the oven for the REST OF MY LIFE.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Scholar
#3056 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 6:19 PM
In Belladonna Cove, all the ancestors' graves are located at the library. I guess they figured Knowledge Sims often want to see a ghost anyway.
Mad Poster
#3057 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 8:10 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 27th Jun 2017 at 7:51 PM. Reason: fix spelling error
Whose Belladonna Cove are you using? In the Maxis version, the graves don't show up anywhere because they're assigned to the wrong neighborhood. In Tarlia's version of Belladonna Cove, if the hoodchecker is run before play all graves should be at the cemetery except for one at the art museum (I think it's Timothy Riley's wife).
Mad Poster
#3058 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 9:39 PM
Apparently, if your lot is full and you can't get any more sims into it, (and if you possibly have creaturefixes and a mod that makes new witches not have the witch hats and robes) and a High Witch tries to cast the cat spell, you'll get a message that there are too many people on the lot and the cat needs more 'psychic space' to play.
Alchemist
#3059 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 10:20 PM
did some more NPC testing with the cowplant. summoned most of the NPCs through the mailbox.
Headmaster, Grim Reaper, Therapist/Sim-Shrink; got them to come regular way. they were not lured.
Mrs Crumplebottom and Streaker were not lured. Grand Vampire, Diva, Mr Big, both genders of Slob; those were lured.
was not able to test University's/Nightlife's community lot NPCs.
not sure about Hunger being a reason; Headmaster ate the food my sims served.

had sims buy cell phones.
Child & Toddler can also have them in Inventory; though cannot use them. Child; does not make sense to me since they can use regular phones.
cell phones ring anytime their "owner" is called; and at least Adult sims could answer through their cell phone.
Scholar
#3060 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Whose Belladonna Cover are you using? In the Maxis version, the graves don't show up anywhere because they're assigned to the wrong neighborhood. In Tarlia's version of Belladonna Cove, if the hoodchecker is run before play all graves should be at the cemetery except for one at the art museum (I think it's Timothy Riley's wife).

Vanilla version. Maybe they fixed it at some point?
Mad Poster
#3061 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 11:02 PM
Child & Toddler can also have them in Inventory; though cannot use them. Child; does not make sense to me since they can use regular phones.

This honestly makes me so mad. I'm playing a challenge where my sims currently have unlocked cell service but not landline phones, and the kids can't use the phone, like why???
Mad Poster
#3062 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 11:52 PM
cell phones ring anytime their "owner" is called; and at least Adult sims could answer through their cell phone.

If Sims are naked when someone calls them, their butts ring. Where do they keep the phones?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3063 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
If Sims are naked when someone calls them, their butts ring. Where do they keep the phones?

Not only that, but they take them into the pool, hot tub, regular tub, and shower with them! Those must be some pretty impressive phones! They are't even damaged by being struck by lightning or being frozen...and assuming the sim themselves doesn't actually die, I'm guessing even fire won't hurt the phone?
#3064 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 12:55 AM
the sims cell is the iphone steve jobs wished he'd invented.......
Link Ninja
#3065 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 2:38 AM
If your sim bride or groom are a part of an active casual group and do not end it, then when they arrive at their honeymoon destination all their group members are there but not in the usual style of when you have guests on vacation (like with additional portraits). You can clear them off via sim blender if you use the cheat to enable buy catalog on community lots if one is not already present.

0/10, not romantic, wouldn't do again.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#3066 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 4:57 AM
If you switch too quickly between a pet and a regular Sim, the UI can get temporarily messed up (missing the aspiration panel, wants, and aging) until you switch to another mode and back.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3067 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 7:26 AM
I discovered that if Sims catch someone stealing their gnome, they'll yell at that sim the same way they do with newspaper thieves.
Inventor
#3068 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 8:28 AM
That babies can suffer from stuck face. A happy baby is a blessing, but one with a permanent smile is downright creepy. It might possibly have had something to do with the fact that the butler seemed to have forgotten he was actually carrying the child. I had to make the butler selectable since he didn't seem inclined to put the boy down and I noticed he didn't even have the usual 'hold' in the queue! Fortunately, having the butler put him down seemed to fix him.
Mad Poster
#3069 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 10:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
If you switch too quickly between a pet and a regular Sim, the UI can get temporarily messed up (missing the aspiration panel, wants, and aging) until you switch to another mode and back.

It can happen with infants, too. I kind of like it because that's the only way I can see what the child's needs are.

Mad Poster
#3070 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
If your sim bride or groom are a part of an active casual group and do not end it, then when they arrive at their honeymoon destination all their group members are there but not in the usual style of when you have guests on vacation (like with additional portraits). You can clear them off via sim blender if you use the cheat to enable buy catalog on community lots if one is not already present.

Apparently if you end the group or wait for it to time out naturally, they'll leave as well.
Instructor
#3071 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Not only that, but they take them into the pool, hot tub, regular tub, and shower with them! Those must be some pretty impressive phones! They are't even damaged by being struck by lightning or being frozen...and assuming the sim themselves doesn't actually die, I'm guessing even fire won't hurt the phone?

Must be a Nokia...

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Mad Poster
#3072 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 4:10 PM
Not Nokia.

Cat S60
Link Ninja
#3073 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Apparently if you end the group or wait for it to time out naturally, they'll leave as well.

I did end the group but they kept hanging around the hotel for a few sim hours before I cleared them off with sim blender. It was a just for fun group so not timed.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#3074 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
Vanilla version. Maybe they fixed it at some point?

I seriously doubt Maxis ever fixed it. The vanilla Maxis versions of most hoods are known to be corrupt or at least buggy. Maybe this is another symptom of that?
Mad Poster
#3075 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 9:25 PM
Sunburns look...odd on aliens.
Page 123 of 445