Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 9:08 PM
Default Custom music in Build/Buy/Neighbourhood mode?
Greetings y'all!

From what I gather, there's no way to play custom music while in any of the above modes - whilst that was possible in The Sims 1 & 2.

Any how-tos or (gu)estimates on the issue?

Thanks in advance!

PS: Sorry for my clogging of internet-browser-space... Had some connection problems and double-posted
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 5:47 PM
I thought I read somewhere that you should be able to plug your mp3's into a folder, have you tried placing them in the custom music file?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 7:50 AM
Sure did, but that's only for Radio channels it seems
Test Subject
#4 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 5:59 PM
It seems that only hifi's/radios in the game will play custom music as in the options i could only see the sims 3 original music and no custom music or any option to select any.

Also i couldn't see anywhere within the sims 3 folder in program files or my documents for music apart from custom music.
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 5:22 PM
As far as I can tell, you can only put your music into the "custom music" channel on the radio. The major pooper about this is that I can make created sims like custom music. Then they have a baby, and the stupid brat puts it on the classical or kid or indie channel or whatever. GRR.

In S2, I had music in every genre. If I felt like country, I was listening to George Strait. Within Temptation for metal, Holly Cole for jazz, etc.

Again... waiting for our resident geniuses to fix these things for us.

*heads for the diving board* Oh... wait.