Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 5:14 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game crashes or freezes 10x+ an hour
Its really getting me down. At one time i could play for hours on end but for the past month its nothing but crashes, freezing and after a while it will do a memory dump if it does it too many times. Also it says that an error is caused by a device driver , but it says that all the time.

My specs are#
radeon 9200SE AGP 128mb
Athlon XP 3000+
2.17GHZ
768 ram

I do think my driver needs updaing to 5.1, will this make any difference
or should a new card or ram help.
Any advice appreciated, like i said i had no problems when i first got it.

How yes i have no hacks, all i have are clothes, meshes for clothes and hair, wall and floors, hair, makeup ect.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 3:44 AM
what did the driver error say? what operating system are you using? yes you should update you video drivers... Those driver errors are not normal and are likely to point to the source of the problem... when do they normally occur? has any of your hardware configuration changed? make sure that your cards are properly seated.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 10:29 AM
I am using XP, the update for the driver is the catalyst, mydrivers are now up to date.

I have been told its something to do with the registry keys, i have now got sims2eraser for a complete fresh install, which i have been told should sort the problem.

If i remember rightly as it was working perfectly before, things started crashing after a reinstall, i havnt used sims2eraser yet, but i have used win doctor and it found 400 errors, all mainly registry keys and some did mention sims2, its now fixed and i played briefly on it last night and it didnt crash, now i just have to play it for longer, which i will do later on tonight, i will let you know how i get on.

cheers