Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 9:25 AM
Default What poly count is TOO HIGH
Hello, I have a lot of CC and I want to sort through it using S4S to get rid of stuff that is too high in polycount, as I hear that slows down the game. So I have to ask: what polycount threshold is high? I know this depends on the item type, but I don't know what normal average range of poly count is for maxis meshes are to compare cc to.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 10:03 AM
Maxis can use between 1-7000 polygons on hair or clothing depending on the type. so an average of 3500 would be a good guess.

If you got any Alpha hair, I would start looking at those first, They are much higher than clay hair.

Also check all LODs making sure LOD1,2,3 have been reduced.

If you got something insanely high and you want to keep, just uncheck it for random, I've seen CC that looked simple like Earrings which showed they were over 35,000 polygons.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 10:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Maxis can use between 1-7000 polygons on hair or clothing depending on the type. so an average of 3500 would be a good guess.

If you got any Alpha hair, I would start looking at those first, They are much higher than clay hair.

Also check all LODs making sure LOD1,2,3 have been reduced.

If you got something insanely high and you want to keep, just uncheck it for random, I've seen CC that looked simple like Earrings which showed they were over 35,000 polygons.

... 35000??? that's insane.
I'm mostly concerned with CC objects, appliances, etc. Do you know about that? I know some ts3 conversions are high in poly... but I don't know by how much. A lot?? A bearable ammount?

thanks for the reply I'll make sure to check the diff. LODs! What should I do if they have not been reduced? Would removing the mesh for 2,3 work? Or should I just do away with those items?
Instructor
#4 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 5:55 PM
over 9000!

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!