Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 9:41 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Bulldozed a lot I'd used my favourite CC in, and only that CC has disappeared from my game.
Hello everyone! Sorry if this is a stupid question; I tried to look for an answer before asking here.

I'm on a mac, and playing the app store Super Collection of Sims 2.

I have quite a bit of custom content, and I used a lot of my favourites on a particular (new) commercial lot. I wound up bulldozing the place, because I wanted to rebuild a bit differently... but the custom content I used in the bulldozed lot is gone. The rest of my custom content is there and works fine, and even related CC remains (e.g. Chair A is gone, but Chair B is still there). I restarted the game and it made no difference. I've tried to find the disappeared content in my downloads folder but annoyingly lots of it had weird names and my stuff isn't organised enough to make it easy.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there anything I can do besides try and re-find all my favourite things? :/

Thanks very much if you're able to help!!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 10:26 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 29th Dec 2017 at 1:50 AM.
The only thing I know about Mac's and CC is that they have a set limit and anything added past the limit will cause other things to vanish. So perhaps it's tied to that?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tinonions
Hello everyone! Sorry if this is a stupid question; I tried to look for an answer before asking here.

I'm on a mac, and playing the app store Super Collection of Sims 2.

I have quite a bit of custom content, and I used a lot of my favourites on a particular (new) commercial lot. I wound up bulldozing the place, because I wanted to rebuild a bit differently... but the custom content I used in the bulldozed lot is gone. The rest of my custom content is there and works fine, and even related CC remains (e.g. Chair A is gone, but Chair B is still there). I restarted the game and it made no difference. I've tried to find the disappeared content in my downloads folder but annoyingly lots of it had weird names and my stuff isn't organised enough to make it easy.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there anything I can do besides try and re-find all my favourite things? :/

Thanks very much if you're able to help!!

I play on an iMac using El Capitan and I may be able to help.

Your Problem may be related to the Mac's Maximum Open File Limit, but I am not sure.

First of All I think that you really must Organize Your Downloads Folder and put things in Subfolders, however don't go more than 3 levels deep. If you don't have the Downloads folder properly organized it makes for a lot of problems when trying to figure things out like this and crashes and a lot of other times. So bite the bullet and Organize Everything in the Downloads folder and give things rational names when possible, maybe get rid of stuff if you don't know what it is. If you saved the original compressed zip file, rar files and .7zip files check those. It is very Important to know what you have and where it is.

Second Let us know exactly what your file amount is. I explain below how to get the count.

To check your personal Sims 2 size, locate your editable User files, the ones at Aspyr/Sims 2. Right click the WHOLE Sims 2 folder/Get Info/General/Size. Pay attention to the ‘Files’ number, not ‘Bytes’. Next, locate your Sims 2: Super Collection app. Right click > Show Package Files > right click Contents > Get Info. Add the two together and that’s your file amount so far.

Trying to Exceed the Mac's Maxmum Open File Limit when playing the Sims 2 causes all sorts of problems with the game. Please read this post of mine, Mac Misbehaviour with Crashes & the Maximum Open Files Limit for more info.

If we can figure that your problem is caused by you having too much CC, then the solution is to go to the link in my Signature and implement the method it tells you about to change your Mac's Maxmum Open File Limit Number.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.