Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 7:09 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Castaway Stories Adult Female Skin Glitch
Hello

I am having an issue with the copy of Sims 2 Castaway Stories that I downloaded from the Mac App Store. All of the light skin adult female facial skin tones don't match with their body. When I go into create a sim, the light skin adult females have a darker skinned face which doesn't match. I'm sorry if this issue has been brought up before, but if could someone direct me to a post, or instruct me how to fix this glitch I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much, Luke.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 7:24 PM
Moved to help where you might get some ...er ... help!

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dudielukie
Hello

I am having an issue with the copy of Sims 2 Castaway Stories that I downloaded from the Mac App Store. All of the light skin adult female facial skin tones don't match with their body. When I go into create a sim, the light skin adult females have a darker skinned face which doesn't match. I'm sorry if this issue has been brought up before, but if could someone direct me to a post, or instruct me how to fix this glitch I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much, Luke.

What version of the Mac OS are you running? If you are running Sierra it has been reported that this sort of issue is occurring with The Sims 2, so it is quite possible that you have the same issue. If you are running Sierra check with Aspyr and report it to them if there is not already a note about it. Aspyr already knows about the issue with The Sims 2 and they may already know about this issue.

If you are running Sierra and it is related to the issue occurring with The Sims 2 like I think, then the only fix that I know of for you is wait for an update to The Sims 2 Castaway Stories, just like the other person here with the same sort of issue with The Sims 2.

Sorry.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
What version of the Mac OS are you running? If you are running Sierra it has been reported that this sort of issue is occurring with The Sims 2, so it is quite possible that you have the same issue. If you are running Sierra check with Aspyr and report it to them if there is not already a note about it. Aspyr already knows about the issue with The Sims 2 and they may already know about this issue.

If you are running Sierra and it is related to the issue occurring with The Sims 2 like I think, then the only fix that I know of for you is wait for an update to The Sims 2 Castaway Stories, just like the other person here with the same sort of issue with The Sims 2.

Sorry.

Thank you for this. I am running Sierra and have reported the issue to Aspyr now. Thank you again.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dudielukie
Thank you for this. I am running Sierra and have reported the issue to Aspyr now. Thank you again.

@dudielukie Sorry that I could not be of more help.

I also wanted to point out that since you are playing on a Mac that you should go to your Profile and uncheck Free Time and Apartment Life as the Mac versions of The Sims the Do Not have these EPs and it confuses some people.

Also if you are searching for something to Download on this site you will be more likely to find only Mac Compatiable content if you don't have these two PC only EPs checked.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 3:57 AM
I'm having this exact problem, was this ever solved?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dezchilli
I'm having this exact problem, was this ever solved?

As far as I know, not yet. I haven't upgraded to High Sierra because of this graphics issue, so can't confirm absolutely, but Aspyr have not updated either their blog or their support pages with an announcement of a fix. From what they've said it may require a graphics driver fix from Apple as well, so it's not entirely under their control.

If/when a fix does arrive, it may take the form of a normal High Sierra OS update from Apple, or it might be listed as a firmware or driver update. If the game itself gets an update the Mac App Store will inform you that there's one waiting.

There's an additional complication with that, as Sims 2 Super Collection and the Stories games are 32-bit programs and Apple now require that updates to apps in the Store be 64-bit. So if a fix is needed to the game as well as a driver update, it will be dependent on them completing any changes to the game code that are needed to recompile it as a 64-bit application.

It's a bit of a headscratcher though, as you wouldn't really expect a graphics driver glitch to affect the display of textures. It does seem to be limited to High Sierra, but there are also separate graphics issues related to the generation of graphics cards used in the 2017 released MacBook Pros and iMacs. (My 2017 iMac on Sierra gets red trails if I drag an object over uneven ground in build or buy mode, and I also see trails after cars or birds if they're travelling over uneven ground in the neighbourhood view.)

Aspyr support page for the issue:
https://support.aspyr.com/hc/en-us/...ues-after-10-13

Aspyr support pages for High Sierra graphics issues and 32-bit game warnings:/64-bit update prospects:
https://support.aspyr.com/hc/en-us/...ce-of-your-Mac-
https://support.aspyr.com/hc/en-us/...cOS-High-Sierra