Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 7:05 PM
Default The Way Destinations Load in TS3...
One thing I've noticed so far (a minor irritation, really, but my OCD is getting to me ) is the way the game loads lots when you are traveling somewhere. It doesn't make sense to me that it would load each lot as you go past it (err, well, load what it can until I reach the next lot) rather than loading your destination lot as you drive/run/walk/whatever. I know the chances of this behavior changing are slim, but I wanted to know what everyone else's opinions were.

(To the mods: Sorry if this thread is in the wrong place, it was the best forum I could think to put it in. Feel free to move it to wherever you think is best )
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 7:50 AM
alot of games use blocks and areas which only load when being used, TS3 dose to instead it uses extremly low quality models to replace them when you arn't in that area. for most this method drasticly reduces the game requirements but like you said, my computer is rather new and can paly the game just fine but the worry is that your computer seems to be lacking (no offense) and it would be better it the game didn't load them at all untill they were actually being used.

my opinion: yes
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 8:57 PM
What bugs me more about the way the game loads things is how it will have a sim wait to change their clothes until their new outfit is loaded. I have seen them wait a much as 25 minutes (gametime, with speed up) to just get in the bathtub or, start working out, this is a game behavior that is more likely to be moddable.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 9:48 PM
I'm actually at or above all of the requirements. I didn't mean it as though it was lagging behind when loading the lots, rather that it's irritating that the lot is half-white when you arrive. I definitely think the low-poly versions of lots are a good way to "show" the neighborhood without draining resources, but it just makes no sense to me that there's no priority in loading them. When you're driving/biking, the game begins partially showing them for the split second you go by, which doesn't make sense to me.

Ah well, it's not a big deal