Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 5:54 PM
Default DBPF vs. DBPP?
First of all, I'm basically new to modding sims files, I was able to do so in Sims 1, but never tried Sims 2, and see that MUCH has changed.

But what I wanted to see, was how EA puts non-repeating logo patterns on shirts and whatnot, so I downloaded the Lord Sponge Tee and decided to play around with it.

First I tried to extracted the .Sims3Pack file with the Lepid Llama unpacker, and nothing happened. So I used s3pack, and that worked. I got my .XML file, the preview .PNG, and the .PACKAGE file.

So I tried to view the package file in Postal, again nothing happened. So, then I tried to view it in S3PIDemoFE and got an error:

Expected magic tag 'DBPF'. Found 'DBPP'.

And I was wondering what the difference is, and is there a way to extract DBPP package files?

Again, I'm new to this, and don't really know what DBPF or DBPP is, I'm trying to learn, but it's proving difficult.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 6:43 PM
DBPF is Database Packed Format. It's the normal .package files.

DBPP is Database Protected Format. It's protected content from the store that normal viewes will not open.

There is an article on the wiki about DBPF: DBPFwiki

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
DBPF is Database Packed Format. It's the normal .package files.

DBPP is Database Protected Format. It's protected content from the store that normal viewes will not open.

There is an article on the wiki about DBPF: DBPFwiki

OIC, they're basically copy-protected, makes sense, thanks...