Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 11:22 PM
Default Strange Crash Problem, Any help appreciated!!
Hello!! After a little while of game play my screen will just go black, I can hear the game running in the background but cant do anything. I cant control alt delete either, the only thing that I can do is shut off the computer and restart. I have a top of the line computer and I ran sims 2 just fine and I make sure to shut down all background programs. Can anyone help?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 2:52 AM
My screen doesn't go black, but it will just freeze all of a sudden, and I can't control alt delete or anything. Last night it happened about 4 times before I just gave up on the game. At the time I thought the problem was that I was playing a house where the guy had gotten pregnant with the Pregnancy4All hack that includes Teen Woo Hoo, and for the EP I had to take that out, so I'm not sure what's going to happen to the poor guy.

But if other people's games are freezing, maybe it's not just that hack. I don't know what to tell you, sorry. :/
#3 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 4:57 AM
Default i know wut u mean
i have the same problem. i've come to the conclusion that it is either my video card, memory, or my computer is working too hard and getting too hot so it just shuts the program off rather than explode or something haha. it is really frustrating because i lose my game all the time. let me know if anyone knows how to fix this crashing problem.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 9:04 AM
Hmm, that might be my problem. The computer getting too hot. I play for hours upon hours and ususally get in quite a bit of game play before the sound repeats a few times and an error message pops up saying this program will now terminate. I've learned to start saving my game on like a five minute basis.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 9:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lorind
Hello!! After a little while of game play my screen will just go black, I can hear the game running in the background but cant do anything. I cant control alt delete either, the only thing that I can do is shut off the computer and restart. I have a top of the line computer and I ran sims 2 just fine and I make sure to shut down all background programs. Can anyone help?

It's basically the video card asking you nicely to let it cool down for a bit. I've had the game running on pause for several hours while I went to the mall for a while and came back to play for another hour or so and black screen.

I've had it happen before with other high end (graphically) games so I wasn't really all that upset about it.

Now that it's warming up over here, I play with the cover open and an fan sitting by the tower. Keeps it nice and chill in there.