Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 7:48 PM
Default Your biggest fear
1. Origin will be forced down my throat (I'm pro-Steam, so I sound bit like a hypocrite, but I just can't help but trust Steam enough to let them do that, I see Origin as a attempt to rival Steam anyway)

2. Bugs, so many bugs, I mean to this day Sims 3 is bug-ridden with things that should've been worked on (Error 13 or 12, buggy badly-routed worlds, Pretty sure using the Make-Over Station still resets Sims Ages). I don't wanna end up having to wait for mods to come to fix the game

3. Complexity - I really hope all these new features won't over-complicate the game.

What are your fears?

I really hope that this will be available on Steam (if not, I'll just go buy physical copy)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 7:49 PM
My biggest fears for this game are already being realized :/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
My biggest fears for this game are already being realized :/

Sounds scary, what were they? Let me guess.. Price? It IS EA games after all.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 7:52 PM
I fear that ages other than adult have been added as an afterthought and will be half-arsed and tedious to play.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 7:53 PM
Same as sushigal007's reply but adding that if the infant/toddler/child stages are there, they will be more like objects instead of sims. Deal breaker for me, definitely.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Alchemist
#6 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 7:54 PM
My biggest fears for the Sims 4 in random order:

1) No other life stages

2) No cars

3) No musical instruments besides the violin

4) No option to add walls individually instead ot the push-and-pull method (I know, I know...it sounds like a masturbation technique...)

5) Social networking features or anything that connects the game to Facebook

6) The first EP contains something that could have easily been in the base game (e.g. cars, musical instruments, hot tub, pool table)
Field Researcher
#7 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 7:54 PM
What community lots will be like. I have fond memories of them in both Sims 1 and 2. I loved building fashion stores for my sims to go and buy clothes. I loved how in Sims 1 my sims could sit and have a romantic dinner and be served by a waitress.
Instructor
#8 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 7:55 PM
I agree with sushi and Lewisb, another thing is that I'm worried they won't fix the genetics they broke in the Sims 3 and also that the emotions will get annoying for being too over the top.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 7:59 PM
Build mode will sucks, and from what I'm seeing, it does.

The objects don't look very design friendly, a downgrade from 3's base game. CAST seems to have gone AWAL, and there aren't any real changes that I can't live without. TS2 build mode was miles above TS1, and 3 made little changes (and had even less stuff), but CAST was what made people not want to go back to 2. Now that has less than even 2, architectural + design wise, and the object themselves don't provide a feeling of versatility and harmony... my deepest fears have already come true.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JohnBigOz
Sounds scary, what were they? Let me guess.. Price? It IS EA games after all.

I could care less about the price. Those go down with time. My biggest fears about TS4 involved it not living up to all the hype and mysteriousness surrounding it. From the Patrick Kelly shit to how EA kept putting off giving us any important details, not even showing us what the Sims would look like until a week ago, I just feel like we've been punked -____-
Instructor
#11 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 7:59 PM
My biggest fear is that this will be a repeat of TS3: half-assed core features and an emphasis on cool, flashy stuff over substance.
Instructor
#12 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 8:20 PM
Most of my fears have already been mentioned here, but two things that comes to my mind:
1) A story progression that, like in Sims 3, will be forced upon us. I'm very happy with the way it works in Sims 2, so if they decide to continue with the story-progression, they'll have to make it optional or I'm not interested.
2) No real working genetics system. If it's not at least as good as in Sims 2, I see no reason to switch. I want dominant and recessive genes, and I don't want the genetic hair colour to change when you dye your hair!
Forum Resident
#13 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 8:21 PM
Mine:

1. Origin
2. Stupid expansion packs.
3. Weather being as an expansion and not base. Come on EA. After all these years this is STILL not in the base?

4. Severe bugs.
5. No console release.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 8:25 PM
Honestly I don't see Weather OR Pets being present in the base game.. ever.. Seeing as they pretty much re-write the engine with each Sims game, it's just too expensive to code that in ALONG with all new systems.. however, a smart thing IS in fact to make Season and Pets the first two expansion packs.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JohnBigOz
Honestly I don't see Weather OR Pets being present in the base game.. ever.. Seeing as they pretty much re-write the engine with each Sims game, it's just too expensive to code that in ALONG with all new systems.. however, a smart thing IS in fact to make Season and Pets the first two expansion packs.

That would be the worst possible idea.. the backlash from fans would be incredible, as if they don't get in enough shit already for holding back content but then to have the first and second expansions those 2 things that could have been integrated in the base game. PR nightmare.
Alchemist
#16 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 8:37 PM
My biggest fear has already surfaced; the sim textures. I wasn't expecting ultra realistic simmies but these are just way too cartoonish for me. I could deal with the rest but that hair texture... Oh, EA, please no.
Alchemist
#17 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak
Mine:

1. Origin
2. Stupid expansion packs.
3. Weather being as an expansion and not base. Come on EA. After all these years this is STILL not in the base?

4. Severe bugs.
5. No console release.

It's... it's... I was okay with the Sims themselves, until I saw your new avatar. Then I kept looking at it, and looking... maybe tea will help.
Test Subject
#18 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 8:42 PM
Right now, from what little information I have is:

1. That "rich" rewards turning into a grind. Without any information on how it is going to work, I can only picture the worst. "Have your Sim bake 200 meals to unlock a Chef's Hat" or some equally ridiculous bullshit.

2. The emotional system becoming very unbalanced. Just watching the preview video this morning, and having a Sim go from confident to depressed just with a song on the violin, is ridiculous. Unless he had some trait like "overemotional," that will get annoying quickly. I can handle a little over the top reactions, they are the Sims, they have always been a bit over the top, but I fear by just having the wrong furniture or music playing, a Sim will flip emotions room to room, or be forced to have them cool down every time they see a sad picture or hear a sad song.

3. Severely lacking in objects and activities. Self explanatory.
Alchemist
#19 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 8:45 PM
On second thought, my biggest fear is (if it turns out to be a really good Sims game) not being able to run it on my computer.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 8:46 PM
forced story progression, no other life stage besides adult (I hope they add a preteen life stage in Sims 4 to go with the young adult life stage they added in Sims 3 as it was only accessible via University in Sims 2), bugs...

I COULD GO ON FOREVER! But I won't. Besides, when I shout that last part, I mean it, whether it be on computer or in real life.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
My biggest fear has already surfaced; the sim textures. I wasn't expecting ultra realistic simmies but these are just way too cartoonish for me. I could deal with the rest but that hair texture... Oh, EA, please no.

Compared how the sims look in Sims 3... I love the cartoonish look, besides, it's slightly nostalgic.
Instructor
#22 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 8:49 PM
The only "big" game play thing that'd be horrible for me is if CASt disappeared. Such an amazing feature, I don't know how I'll manage without it. CASt is one of the main reasons why I prefer TS3 over TS2.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 9:20 PM
Biggest fear, which happened in Sims3: Inconsistent EPs.

For example: Late night and then later ShowTime. Obviously, the team(s) working on those EPs hadn't been talking to each other.

I want to see creative EPs that doesn't make the game stupid and complicated, but adds another cool dimension of the Sims lives in a cool way...without bugs.

Honestly, I don't mind them working a year or two on EPs - as long as the base game is awesome.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EmotedLlama
My biggest fear is that this will be a repeat of TS3: half-assed core features and an emphasis on cool, flashy stuff over substance.

This. So much.

I'm really glad that CASt is gone- I had to spend way too much time changing ugly patterns and it just made the catalogue freakishly huge, not to mention taking way to long to load, but honestly, if they do what they did in TS3 and focus on big flashy, dangerously unstable graphics while leaving out the actual gamplay/interaction between sims, I'm not touching it.

That and the neighbourhood. If it's another open neighbourhood, it needs to be handled A LOT better than it has been. The only thing I didn't like about TS2 (besides the lack of Mac portage) was that I'd slave away to build my neighbourhoods and when playing a lot, you couldn't even tell you were in one, let alone easily walk across the road to visit other Sims. But I genuinely hated the way TS3's hood was handled. Not only did I not get to build my own hood based on different terrains, but the blasted thing was FULL of rabbit holes. What's the point of following my Sim downtown to watch it disappear into a rabbit hole? Almost everything was a rabbit hole- presumably because the game engine just couldn't handle the hugeness of what they were trying to do.

Even if they close the neighbourhood again, so long as I can play without wasting 6gb on just the base game then it's going to be alright. If not, I'll end up selling off my copy just like I did with TS3
Theorist
#25 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 9:22 PM
My biggest fear? No life stages other than young adult.
Page 1 of 4