Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 10:05 PM
Default Woohoo & Try for baby with Grim Reaper
In ts2 and ts3 we used to do that without any problem but in ts4, for some reason they took this out. It was a fun spooky mysterious little aspect of the game. I want it back. Anyways, I've been doing some research about it and found some step by step how-to-do guide for having grim's baby in ts4. However it didn't work for me. May be they patched it or I am missing something.

Here are the steps if anyone is up for a try.

1. Kill a sim to summon the Reaper
2. Use the cheat box and type "testingcheats on"
3. Shift click the Grim Reaper and "add to family"
4. Use the cheat box and type "cas.fulleditmode"
5. Shift click other character in household and edit in CAS. then when in CAS, choose the Reaper.
6. Turn him into an adult, retype his name, change anything you wish. Do not change his clothes if you want him to still look like the Reaper.
7. OPTIONAL FOR SPEED: change relationship status to spouse for a household sim (you may also wish to do this manually through regular proposals and such.
8. Treat the reaper like any other sim, kiss, woohoo, try for a baby ect.
9. Changing him to an ADULT makes him a normal sim and gives him the ability to have romantic interactions. BUT he will not have the creepy grim voice anymore, and he will not float or have the smoke when he floats. To fix this issue: After going back into CAS and changing him back to a YA, use "traits.equip_trait grimreaper" cheat. Now he will float, have the smoke, and the deep grim voice again. Also, he will again, be unable to do romantic interactions, he will be back to normal! **make sure "testingcheats on" is enabled**

In my case, editing him in cas didn't make him a normal sim, so I couldn't get woohoo & try for baby options. (My reaper is already living in a house in willow creek and gotten married to a postgirl named bobbie thanks to mc command center LOL Well, may be that's why it didn't work for me. May be I should try it with a fresh reaper. Anyways, if you try it, please post your result.

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 11:48 PM
There is a test set reference that specifically disallows reaper woohoo.
You would have to mod it out.

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 11:52 PM
Well, in TS2 this could potentially cause neighborhood-wide corruption, so perhaps there's a reason you shouldn't do it... The grim usually has a generic face, so except for the fun of trying, there really isn't any point in doing it.
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 3:52 AM
I decided to try this, and I figured it out! No mods necessary, just a few cheats. Do steps 1-7 listed above.
8. Go to manage worlds and evict your household
9. Move them back in (you should be able to control the grim reaper now instead of him standing there forever). Make sure the reaper is selected for the next step.
10. Type "testingcheats on" in the cheat box, and "Traits.Remove_trait reaper". You can now try for baby, etc., but his voice will change and his smoke will go away.
11. To change the reaper's voice & smoke back, type "Traits.equip_trait reaper", but there will be no more try for baby, etc. It is just the way Maxis created the trait I think.
Test Subject
#5 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 7:44 PM
Default Got it to work!
Quote: Originally posted by celestialsins
I decided to try this, and I figured it out! No mods necessary, just a few cheats. Do steps 1-7 listed above.
8. Go to manage worlds and evict your household
9. Move them back in (you should be able to control the grim reaper now instead of him standing there forever). Make sure the reaper is selected for the next step.
10. Type "testingcheats on" in the cheat box, and "Traits.Remove_trait reaper". You can now try for baby, etc., but his voice will change and his smoke will go away.
11. To change the reaper's voice & smoke back, type "Traits.equip_trait reaper", but there will be no more try for baby, etc. It is just the way Maxis created the trait I think.

You actually don't have to evict your household! I just had to wait a little bit for all of the other romantic interactions to show up (including Woohoo and Try For Baby!). Thanks so much!!
Scholar
#6 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Well, in TS2 this could potentially cause neighborhood-wide corruption, so perhaps there's a reason you shouldn't do it... The grim usually has a generic face, so except for the fun of trying, there really isn't any point in doing it.

well using simblender of tombstone of life you can have a grim reaper baby without woohoo

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr