Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 8:35 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Smart Age NPC Townie Maker?
I'm hoping this is the right forum for this. With the NPC and Townie Maker, what do all of the options do? Especially "Smart Age," when setting age. Is the item safe to use at all? What happens if you click "Kill" instead of "Keep"? Thanks in advance!!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 10:40 PM
I have no idea what "smart age" does. I've never used it. I would assume that it's supposed to automatically pick the right age for any NPCs that can only be a certain age (elders for repair sims and matchmakers, etc.). Make a disposable testing 'hood and try it out to be sure.

Clicking "kill" is BAD! It will give the rejected sim an "I am dead" token and if you keep rejecting sims this way, your 'hood will fill up with inacessible dead reject sims that are unsafe to delete. If the townie maker spawns a sim that you don't want, BACK OUT WITHOUT SAVING! I recommend saving your game after making every townie/NPC that you DO want to keep (yes, I learned this the hard way ).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 11:12 PM
Oh, gosh, that's a mess... I don't have any strong opinions on how the sims look, though, honestly, so I leave them all anyway. I have the no townie regen mod, so I only use it to add more townies when others have been added to my families.
That would make sense, but what would it choose if you've just hit spawn townies? I tried it once, and it made an adult sim, but I don't know if that's the norm.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 1:14 AM
If you're just batch-spawning townies and you're not picky about what they look like, set the following three items on the first page of the menu to "random" first and that should take care of it.

"Set Age..."
"Set Skin..."
"Set Gender..."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 7:07 AM
Yup, that's pretty much what I've been doing. I'm just so nosy about all the other stuff :P