Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 12:20 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Help - Inteen is making the school bus come for Loki and Circe Beaker
I'm hoping someone can help me with this - because it's a little concerning.

So, I usually play with Meetmetotheriver's hoods as a uberhood, and I have inteen installed along with several other hacks. When I loaded the Beaker's to play, I noticed that the school bus turned up for Loki and Circe, but not - interestingly - for Nervous. I didn't let them go to school, but wanted to see how it played out so ran it through until 6pm when I got the pop up saying that Loki and Circe would age up in a day. I left it playing for a while longer - until 6pm the next day and got the same message - that they would age up in a day. As far as I know, this is only happening with the Beakers. It didn't happen with the Aspirs or the Baldwins, and I don't recall ever having the issue before with any other family. (I don't think I've played the Beakers with Inteen installed before though - so it could just be them.

Now, obviously, this isn't normal game behaviour, so I quit without saving and did some testing - and here is what I've worked out so far.

- It seems to be Inteen that's the issue. The problem didn't occur when I removed it, but did occur when it was the only thing in the folder. I think this also rules out it being a hack conflict because it's happening when there's nothing for it to conflict with?
- It's not an issue with the hoods because the same thing happens with the Maxis basegame hood. This happened in a brand new load of the megahood. I backed up my original and installed a new one. The Beakers were the first family I loaded, so surely it can't be corrupted already? The hoodchecker isn't showing any corruption either.
- The Beakers are showing as Adults in SimPE - and (as far as I've noticed) are acting like adults except for the School Bus showing up for them and the aging up dialog. Circe got promoted as normal.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this, and if it classes as a VBT? If I can get a fix, I can restart the MegaHood without much pain, if I can't - I might do anyway to be on the safe side? Has anyone else had this problem with the Beakers - or anyone else for that matter?

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 12:26 PM
If I remember this right, you need to spawn their biological clocks. Strangetown characters had a problem with InTeen when I used to have it
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 3:45 PM
That's fixed it! Thanks!