Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 7:03 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't Plan/Change into Everyday
I have been playing this game for a long time and I have never had this happen to me until the other day.

My young adult female sim is not able to either plan or change into everyday outfits from any dresser whether custom or not.

I have not actually played my game in a couple months (I've just been playing around with cc and making sims). And then this glitch or whatever it is. I did not panic. I assumed it was a piece of cc that I had put in my game that was either bad or conflicting with something else. Therefore, I went through all the steps on the wiki. I am a big fan of it since it had helped me solve problems before.

First, I took out my entire downloads folder and the problem went away so I knew it was indeed something I had downloaded. I went through all the steps and narrowed the problem down to a folder of cc that I put in my game in October 17. I collect all the cc I want to get within the month and put them all in my game in chunks: 07-2017, 08-2017, etc. The problem seemed to go away when I removed only the 08-2017 folder so I knew the bad file was in there. I did the 50/50 method within that folder. When I put the first half of the folder's files in my downloads folder, the problem did not occur. So, I thought it must be in the second half. To verify, I removed the first half of the files and replaced them in my downloads folder with the second half of the suspect files. The problem did not occur again my game. Hmmm. Therefore, I assumed that there must be conflicting files between the first half of the files and the second half. I went about testing file by file until I thought I found the problem. It turned out to be several files. When those files were in my downloads folder, my sim could not choose or change into everyday wear. So, I deleted the files, tested the game one more time (it was working correctly), and finally set about playing the game.

After about an hour of playing, and several saves, my sim suddenly can't choose or change into everyday wear again. This is crazy! I have not added anything new in the past hour.

Does anyone have any ideas? My computer specs are:

Processor: Intel Core i3-4170 3.7 Ghz 3 MB Cache Dual Core
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
Hard Drive: 2TB 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA3
Graphics Card: 2GB GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit

I had this machine built to play sims 2 and have been playing on it for over a year with no problems aside from some cc ones from time to time which I've always been able to solve using the steps in the wiki.

Thank you for any help!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sashagillis
I have been playing this game for a long time and I have never had this happen to me until the other day.

My young adult female sim is not able to either plan or change into everyday outfits from any dresser whether custom or not.

I have not actually played my game in a couple months (I've just been playing around with cc and making sims). And then this glitch or whatever it is. I did not panic. I assumed it was a piece of cc that I had put in my game that was either bad or conflicting with something else. Therefore, I went through all the steps on the wiki. I am a big fan of it since it had helped me solve problems before.

First, I took out my entire downloads folder and the problem went away so I knew it was indeed something I had downloaded. I went through all the steps and narrowed the problem down to a folder of cc that I put in my game in October 17. I collect all the cc I want to get within the month and put them all in my game in chunks: 07-2017, 08-2017, etc. The problem seemed to go away when I removed only the 08-2017 folder so I knew the bad file was in there. I did the 50/50 method within that folder. When I put the first half of the folder's files in my downloads folder, the problem did not occur. So, I thought it must be in the second half. To verify, I removed the first half of the files and replaced them in my downloads folder with the second half of the suspect files. The problem did not occur again my game. Hmmm. Therefore, I assumed that there must be conflicting files between the first half of the files and the second half. I went about testing file by file until I thought I found the problem. It turned out to be several files. When those files were in my downloads folder, my sim could not choose or change into everyday wear. So, I deleted the files, tested the game one more time (it was working correctly), and finally set about playing the game.

After about an hour of playing, and several saves, my sim suddenly can't choose or change into everyday wear again. This is crazy! I have not added anything new in the past hour.

Does anyone have any ideas? My computer specs are:

Processor: Intel Core i3-4170 3.7 Ghz 3 MB Cache Dual Core
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
Hard Drive: 2TB 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA3
Graphics Card: 2GB GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit

I had this machine built to play sims 2 and have been playing on it for over a year with no problems aside from some cc ones from time to time which I've always been able to solve using the steps in the wiki.

Thank you for any help!

Deleted the Cache Files?
Does this problem occur with any other sims? Also have you tested using another Sim and no CC? How about testing in a temp Neighborhood?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Deleted the Cache Files?
Does this problem occur with any other sims? Also have you tested using another Sim and no CC? How about testing in a temp Neighborhood?

Thanks for the response! Yes cache files definitely deleted. I have tried testing with a different sim. The one that's been having the glitch is a young adult female university sim that I made so I tested with Alexandra O'Mackey and she did not have the glitch and was able to plan & change into everyday. This makes me think that I have some clothing that is meant to work for YA females but doesn't.

I rewent through the wiki steps again last night because I didn't know what else to do & I thought maybe I missed something. I THINK I may have isolated the problem this time (I found a few more files to delete from that same folder - pantless bottoms by sanneke). I didn't have time to play test after that because by that time it was really late and I was very tired but I plan to jump on it as soon as I get home today.

I'm really hoping that I have solved it as the majority of my CC is female everyday clothes and I don't want to think about the possibility of playing without it.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate this comment though! I will update when I get home.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 2:03 AM
I just wanted to let you know that I have loaded up the game and the glitch is gone. Of course, that's what I thought the first time. I have been playing for about 30 mins so I will continue to play for a bit to see if it comes back. I hope it is fixed this time. I don't know how I missed those files before. Maybe I just didn't have the right combination of files at the right time to give the glitch? I don't know. We'll see how it goes now. I really appreciate you trying to help me and if the problem comes back I will update this thread or make a new one if necessary.