Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 7:22 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Removing cc eyes/skin that is in use
Hey all!

Could someone please tell me the consequences of removing cc eyes/skin that a sim is using?

I realised a while back that one of my sims had the "painted on brown eyes" that are the result from custom eyes being removed (and I had deleted them so long ago that they weren't in my back ups). Looking around I only found threads that mentioned eyes going 'borky' and to not breed such sims.

What I'm wondering is what that actually means.
Are we talking worst case scenario the kids inherit the missing cc/painted on eyes or can it actually damage my game?

On a related note, my sims has 3 offspring. 2 look normal, 1 got the eye glitch. Can the 2 normal looking ones be considered safe or might issues show up later on either as time passes or in future generations?

Weirdly, the glitchy kid started out having a nice grey eye colour that I didn't have in CAS, but when I later entered the household, he had the telltale brown paint job.

I'm actually fine playing it as a sort of genetic disease, but of course I'm eager to know if it should be considered a more serious issue than that.

Similar info regarding custom skins would be nice too.

Thank you so much to anyone able to clarify these things.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 7:39 PM
OK if you delete a skintone, the sim defaults to the S2 skintone (the tan). If you delete eyes, you get the painted on eyes, as you found, that are on the skintone. The sim, in that case, has no assigned eye file. Both are eminently fixable with SimPE so unless you're on a Mac, you should be able to fix it.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 7:40 PM
The best thing to do would be to replace the genetics of the affected sim(s). Change the custom eye colour that you no longer have to one of the Maxis ones. Remember that for eye genetics, sims have a recessive value too- so check that the custom eye colour is not present there, either.

Skins that you remove could be handled the same way. Here's a tutorial for both:
http://www.lothere.com/verso/page/16

The thing that's missing from that is the EA eye colour values, which are:
32dee745-b6ce-419f-9e86-ae93802d2682 = Brown eyes - Dominant
2d6839c5-0b7c-48a1-9c55-4bd9cc873b0f = Dark Blue eyes - Dominant
51c4a750-c9f4-4cfe-801c-898efc360cb7 = Green eyes - Recessive
e43f3360-3a08-4755-8b83-a0d37a6c424b = Light Blue eyes - Recessive
0758508c-7111-40f9-b33b-706464626ac9 = Gray eyes - Recessive
12d4f3e1-fdbe-4fe7-ace3-46dd9ff52b51 = Alien eyes
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 5:30 PM
Thanks, but I'm not up for big operations and never managed to get SimPE to work.

Is it safe to simply leave it as is?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 9:03 PM
It's fine to leave it though you might run into issues with the eyes if you attempt to breed from the sim.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 3:40 AM
What kind of issues?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 4:51 AM
They have no genetics to pass on. If the parent has no eyes but painted on, so will the baby. Most sims whose skin is pulled will have maxis Sk2. If you want to breed from them you really need to reset them in simpe, it isn't that hard.

Why is SimPE not working? What window version are you on?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~