Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 12:49 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Iconic hobbyists not wearing hobby outfit
I recently noticed that my iconic hobbyists are no longer wearing their hobby outfits.
For example at Will's garage the iconic hobbyist isn't wearing a mechanics outfit.

I play a game with a lot of mods and other CC.
But starting a new neighbourhood after I have removed all CC doesn't eliminate the problem.

I'm playing the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on a Windows 10 computer.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 12:52 PM
What are they wearing instead? A picture might help.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
What are they wearing instead? A picture might help.

Just everyday clothes.
Scholar
#4 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 2:51 PM
Unlike NPCs when the game generates Iconic Hobbists it applies the special outfit after creating the sim, and unlike NPCs the outfit is never given to the sim again. If yours have lost their outfits then they will never normally get them back.
What we can do is to coax the 'Controller - EP7 - Secret Hobby Lots' to re-give them their outfits whenever it loads one, since it is the same controller that both brings them into lots and generates them it already has the code to apply the outfits so it's a very small, simple mod.

IconicHobbistOutfitFix.zip (370bytes) https://app.box.com/s/x3sxlxo91fbgo8o3yrvr0mob0ayggg7r
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 3:29 PM
Do you have the Visitor Controller? It messes up togas and Secret Society blazers at University, and work outfits in the main hood, so maybe it messed with the hobby leaders, too.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 4:59 PM
I do have the visitor controller. So maybe thats whats caused the problem
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 8:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Unlike NPCs when the game generates Iconic Hobbists it applies the special outfit after creating the sim, and unlike NPCs the outfit is never given to the sim again. If yours have lost their outfits then they will never normally get them back.
What we can do is to coax the 'Controller - EP7 - Secret Hobby Lots' to re-give them their outfits whenever it loads one, since it is the same controller that both brings them into lots and generates them it already has the code to apply the outfits so it's a very small, simple mod.

Unfortunately this mod doesn't seem to help.
I get the feeling that the only thing that may solve the problem is to reinstall the game and I don't want to do that right now.
Since it is not that much of an inconvenience I just let my iconic hobbyists walk around in everyday clothes.
Thanks for trying to help me everyone.
Instructor
#8 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 4:33 PM
Usually I create my own pool of hobby iconist (with proper clothes, hair and make up) and then, through SimPe, I replace the appearance of the existing ones. I don't know if it replaces the DNA too, but since I don't care about interacting with them, it doesn't bother me.
The same with theother NPC (I made Don Lothario and Bella Goth the Mr. Big and the Diva in Riverblossom Hills, like they were Sim-Celebrities)
Mad Poster
#9 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 6:59 PM
Whenever I start a new neighborhood, I spawn at least one of each hobby leader with the NPC and Townie Maker to make sure they get the correct uniforms (the game doesn't assign them correctly if the hobby sims are allowed to randomly spawn). I don't know if this would help the OP since it sounds like their hobby leaders were dressed correctly and then the uniforms disappeared for some reason.

http://forums.modthesims.info/showt...180#post5239180