Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 4:31 PM
Default Tales from Little Carping
I’ve been looking at the threads in this group and enjoying them very much. It’s always interesting to learn about how others play the game – or play with the game. So I thought I might post something about my neighbourhood Little Carping. I wasn’t sure I should start a thread about this as I’m not sure really that my stories and ideas would be that attractive to other posters here. It’s a pretty personal thing for me though the bottom line is I just like fiddling about with stuff: stories and ideas. Also, perhaps I should warn you all before we start that my sims are not always pleasant individuals. That sometimes seems to be an issue on these boards.

On the other hand, the idea of making a thread about Little Carping is attractive to me. You might have noticed that I have reserved the first four messages on this thread for myself. This is because I have a love of documenting and recording stuff and the notion of using this thread to do that with Little Carping – a project of 13 years now – is enticing. I guess you’ll see how this works as we progress but the next three posts will give an outline of Little Carping’s concept and history, its geography and built environment (I got that phrase from one of my students) and then the families who live there. These posts are going to be long - and I don't blame anyone for not wanting to read through them all. Remember, I'm mostly indulging myself here. I'll post lots of pictures though.

13 years? Yeah that’s right. I started Little Carping the month the game was released in 2004 and I’ve been playing it ever since. Though actually, that sounds more impressive than it is. I haven’t played with the sims in Little Carping on a regular basis for quite some time. I do go back every now and again and progress a story here and there but regular play has not happened for several years. Progress, therefore, is VERY SLOW. BTW, although I’ve been playing Little Carping since 2004 (when it was called, unoriginally, Great Bay), I rebuilt the neighbourhood in 2007 and so the files for Little Carping are only 10 years old. I rebuilt it when we first started to learn about corruption of neighbourhoods and how you could build them with empty templates. The current version of Little Carping, therefore, started with no townies or NPCs though it has acquired them since – I made them all myself! The main characters though were rebuilt at that time from scratch – it’s when I learnt a lot about how to edit memories (and other stuff) in SimPE.

So I say I still ‘play’ the game and, if I’m not playing with my sims, what am I doing? Well, my main interests are two-fold. In the first instance, I like making things and fiddling with game settings. I have, as some of you will know, uploaded some stuff here but the amount of stuff I’ve made for the game (for my own use) is much, much more than that. I particularly like fiddling with hacks and mods, usually just adjusting BCons or BHavs and I’m known to hack/mod stuff myself from scratch. Though for most things I want, someone else has had a go at it long ago so I will use that (with edits). Having said that, I think I have edited, in some way or another, practically every piece of CC in my game – well maybe not everything but a lot of stuff. I change catalogue settings as a matter of routine and will do things like replace base textures in objects if I don’t particularly like the original and so on. I won’t reveal my own secret projects here (just yet anyway) unless I do some work on them in which case I might show you some stuff. I also fiddle about with meshes and textures though I will say here what I’ve said elsewhere, that I’m not a natural skinner or texture maker. I can do crude stuff but nothing like the subtle stuff some people do (which I admire immensely). Secondly, a favourite thing for me is trying to create a sense of place for Little Carping. This is a long term project and there have been several phases already. Basically what I mean is remodelling the neighbourhood. I’ve been fiddling with the current version for a couple of years but I think I have decided to have another complete overhaul, especially in the light of some of the newer neighbourhood objects and graphical improvements we’ve seen lately – see below.

You might say that neither of those two things is playing with the game but I would disagree with that. I’m playing with the game as an object in its own right here rather than playing sims. Maybe you don’t agree but I keep myself occupied doing this. People do play in different ways – some people play sims and families, some people like to build, some people like to create neighbourhoods, some people like to make meshes and textures – I like to do all of those things but I like to play with the game as well. If that makes sense. TS2 is a wonderful thing really. Will Wright said he created it as a toy rather than a game and he did – but it’s perhaps more of a toy than even he thought it was.

Anyway, on to some pictures. These are pictures of Little Carping as it is now. Further down, I'll also post pictures of Carping Magna, Little Carping’s shopping district, and Sirencester, the downtown. There are also two universities attached to Little Carping (Redbrick and Metropolitan) and three vacation destinations (Noboku, Yellerstone and St Neots). I’ll say more about that in the Geography and Building section. I have no idea how many lots there are but the vast majority are custom built, either by me or are something I downloaded. There are 489 sims in Little Carping, 173 of which are playable in 40 families (at present – that does change fairly regularly) with 27 cats and dogs (200 playable sims and 286 NPCs (I know that doesn't add up). At the time of starting this thread, it is 6am on Saturday the third day in Summer – how do I know? I play in strict rotation and everybody is at the same point in the year, plus I religiously save at 6am in the morning. It’s always 6am in Little Carping.

Little Carping in Summer

Little Carping in Winter

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 4:31 PM Last edited by maxon : 2nd Jul 2017 at 9:10 PM.
Default Neighbourhood Concept and Origin
So this is a copy-paste of a post I wrote on here somewhere a good while ago telling in a thread about how Little Carping came into being. I decided not to update the text (some of the information is a little out of date now) but it gives a good overview of how Little Carping started and what I was thinking and introduces the initial founding characters of the neighbourhood: the Goths, the Vaughans and Phoebe Sororah.

I got TS2 the moment it was available here in the UK (probably a couple of days after it came out in the US). I had been playing TS1 since it was released. TS1 was my most played and enjoyed game ever (though SimCity 2000 gave it a run for its money). Anyway, I installed TS2 and had a look around. Pleasantview didn't attract me (I think I had a look at the Goth house) but Strangetown looked more quirky and interesting. I played the Curious brothers first for a short while and that was pretty fun. It was obvious the game had taken a huge leap forward and I think, even then, I realised I wouldn't go back to TS1. I never did.

EXCEPT - I realised though that I wasn't ready to give up my TS1 characters. I played Neighbourhood 1 almost exclusively in TS1 and had filled EVERY SINGLE LOT with sim families. I had left the Maxis families in there and, in my head, had built an entire sim community. So in the first week of having TS2, I decided I would try to recreate the neighbourhood I had developed in TS1 BUT that I was going to grow it not just make it. It's interesting to me that even then, I was able to recognise the potential in the game to develop a neighbourhood over time and give it a real history.

So I thought about it and planned. The oldest residents in TS1 had been the Goths and a couple of sisters - Sororah - I had created to run a kennels (when Unleashed was released), followed a little later by Ginia Katt and Mama Hick. I'd also created an older couple called Porter who were the janitors/caretakers for a hall of residence I built for some student sims. I developed a schedule to introduce them to Little Carping (though it wasn't called Little Carping then).

I wanted a history. I decided to bring in the Goths first along with Sororah. BUT I wanted the family background for Gunther and Cornelia so I pushed the timeline of the neighbourhood back and made a family for each of them and a parent family for the Sororah sisters too.

First I made Randolph and Cecelia Goth. Randolph was a businessman (fortune) and, in my head, was to develop into a very successful financier (which he did). Cecelia was clever (knowledge) but, the origin of Little Carping being set some time ago, she was stuck at home with the kids while they were small. That was Gunther to start with (made as a toddler in CAS), then the first born-in-game child arrived (after Pascal's in Strangetown), Gunther's sister Marianne. Randolph went on to be very successful and Cecelia, once the kids had grown up a bit, went back to work and into politics and eventually became mayor (the actual story of that is quite complicated). The storyline developed of Gunther growing up in this high-achieving, competitive climate but always feeling he didn't quite measure up: he had a clever mother and a thrusting successful businessman father. It made his character more interesting to me than the original version in TS1. He's always been morose and bitter (though with some surprising talents - he learnt to meditate and levitate and to move around lots like a ninja - a talent he needed). Gunther in TS1 had been Dean of a college but in TS2 I decided to send him into business following his father in an attempt to impress him (Gunther is also fortune) but Gunther was not as successful and never got the helicopter to go to work. His situation was not helped in the slightest by his wife.

One thing I loved about the senior Goths in TS1 was that Maxis had given up this apparently conventional and respectable, high-status couple and I spent hours and hours disrupting that - mainly via Cornelia. She had affairs right, left and centre. She picked fights and made enemies. She drank and partied. If they'd had shop-lifting in TS1, she would have done that. Cornelia was hopeless at concealing affairs, mainly because she had me to deal with and I set it up so that she'd get caught every other day when Gunther came home at 3pm. Gunther was forever coming home to find her in bed with some man or other. He's stand in the bedroom and stamp and shout and pull his hair out and then they'd have a stand up slap fight. Ah, fun times... So, Cornelia needed to get that from somewhere and so the Vaughans were made. Cornelia's mother was Amelia: a loving, patient woman (family) who had married a dashing and charming advertising executive who worked for Randolph Goth: Mercer. Mercer was a sleazeball (romance). They came, along with Amelia's mother Isabella Briggs and a toddler Cornelia, to live in Little Carping.

I've written here before about how Mercer took me by surprise and behaved incredibly badly so I won't go into that now (though the unanticipated behaviour of romance sims played into the plotline in a most satisfactory way) but Cornelia, poor girl, is like her father (she's also romance). She got pregnant by Gunther as a teenager (the only time I have used InTeen for its intended purpose and also, yay, the first Inteen was out around the time University was released) and had to marry him before Mortimer arrived. It was a very quiet affair at the Goth house though she got the memory of marrying into money. Afterwards, she felt trapped in her marriage (she had four kids though one of them wasn't by Gunther) and was jealous when her two younger brothers, Henry and Horace (twins) went off to university. So she started misbehaving and poor Gunther was back to stamping, shouting and pulling his hair out. Fun times...

The other 'family' was Phoebe Sororah - also a romance sim. I'd envisioned her as a silly romantic woman waylaid by Mercer into an extramarital affair. Well Phoebe's romance sim inclinations soon put paid to that but she did have an affair with Mercer (you get a more straightforward answer if you ask who *didn't* Mercer have an affair with?) and also had an affair with Randolph. So the Sororah sisters who had originated in my TS1 hood (Cecily and Clarissa) turned out to be half-sisters rather than full sisters. Phoebe had a string of amorous adventures too (between her and Mercer, Little Carping was a seething hotbed of lust) and eventually had five children by three different men. She died a while back after having moved in her latest (and newly adult) lover (a townie: Amin Sims) who now is about to die but lives in her house keeping it open for when her youngest child (Chloe) returns from university.

That's how it started. Mama, Ginia and the Porters came along shortly after - Ginia just in time to have a romance with Mercer and bear his seventh child (Stephen, still at school but only just) - and Little Carping has grown and grown from there. It's still a hotbed of lust though there's plenty of envy, jealousy, ambition, greed and all the rest of it too. I found recently that Fergus Crims wishes to see the ghost of Maddy Jayalapan (an EAxis generated apartment neighbour) because they had a fight - well series of fights - their relationship is -100/-100. He just bought a gun and will be laying a nice new concrete patio in his back garden shortly. The Curious brothers and Nervous will come to join us eventually because I do have a soft spot for the Curious brothers.

I went through Little Carping’s screenshots folder and realised that when I started in 2004, of course, the quality of snapshots was horrid. So I’ve taken some new pictures today – remaking Randolph, Cecilia, Mercer, Amelia and Phoebe from clones of the originals in Little Carping. The pictures show them with my newer defaults (of course) and I tried to get the spirit of their original homes though it’s inevitable I’ve forgotten details or used the wrong stuff. The original lots only used EAxis content of course, it was a while before we got recolours for objects (CC skins were available before the game was released – I even have some still. Well one or two). They all had custom skintones which they’re still wearing and Phoebe has custom eyes.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 4:31 PM Last edited by maxon : 3rd Jul 2017 at 10:11 PM.
Default Geography and the Built Environment
Little Carping, beside the azure sea.

Little Carping consists of a base neighbourhood (Little Carping itself), a downtown (Sirencester), a local market town (Carping Magna), two universities (Redbrick and Metropolitan) and three attached holiday destinations (Noboku, Yellerstone and St Neots).

Little Carping is situated on the coast of … somewhere. It’s not entirely certain where it is, in fact, and you can’t really tell mainly because the stories which emerge from the neighbourhood are somewhat diverse and set in the milieu they need to be set it. Little Carping is what it needs to be at any given time.

Little Carping
But there is a real sense of place (at least in my mind). Little Carping is in a temperate region with a climate not dissimilar to England (though the winters are a bit more ‘traditional’ (i.e. snowy) – Spring, Autumn and Summer are pretty much like those in England). So it sits on the coastline, beside the mouth of the River Scuttle and is most akin in appearance to an English coastal village. It is a medium-sized village but big enough to have a High Street with a church and pub. There are also shops and a bank and a car dealership, a library, health centre, sports centre and primary school.

There are various residential areas. There is a posh end to the north (Buckingham Road and surrounds – the road names here tend to be derived from British names with royal/aristocratic associations). The village is centred on the main road (Market Street) through Little Carping with the church (St Chad’s) at the south end of the High Street before the bridge and the north end marked by Rockefeller Motors. Most of the shops are here including Bungley’s Bank, Cox’s Confections, Tantrum (a toy shop) and the Wheatsheaf, Little Carping’s pub. To the west of the main street is a more mixed area with some modern buildings built along York Road and Lancaster Drive. It’s here that new facilities like the primary school, medical centre, library and sports centre were built. Around the church is a small area consisting of Bridge Street, Church Lane and Back Row where the residential properties are more modest and includes a row of typical English town terraces (Bridge Street). There is a coastal road beside the sea (to the east) called Marina Drive. There are some nice properties down here plus a lighthouse, the monastery (The Little Hearts of St Cheryl) and the beach with its beach huts and pier-promenade (echoes of Polgannon for those of you who know that neighbourhood – actually Polgannon echoes Little Carping, not the other way round). Between Marina Drive and Church Lane is an area of typical 60s and 70s residential sub-urban building from a time when Little Carping was expanding. The streets here are named after different types of trees: Cherry Tree Road, Oak Avenue, Lime Grove, Beech Lane and so on. The homes are modest and generally occupied by the middle classes. As you travel out of Little Carping over the bridge to the south, there is Bluebell Farm on the left and Wood Lane turns off to the right before the petrol (gas) station. That road leads on to Carping Magna. Wood Lane is a long winding lane and down here you can find various things including a caravan (trailer) park where the poorest of Little Carping’s residents live. There’s also a lake and a few other community lots including a riding school and a haunted house plus a small shack apparently lost in the woods.

Here's a map (it's a mosaic and rather large but I wanted to show the layout in a little detail):

Carping Magna
If you travel south-west from Little Carping and turn further inland, you get to Carping Magna which is a small market town bestride a river, the River Wilt. Carping Magna has a bustling market place beside a pub and busy shopping streets. There is a hospital, town hall, railway station, large church and Carping Magna is also the location of Jeavans School – the local public school. (Remember, this is England so public schools are private schools). There are a lot of shops here with an old-fashioned Victorian parade leading off from the market place past the Town Hall and the central plaza. There are many facilities including a library, sports centres, swimming pool, police station, firehouse, schools and so on. Carping Magna also has a mix of housing but is much more packed in than Little Carping. It’s a town not a village. The housing nearest the centre is smaller and of poorer quality to the housing further out. The inner streets contain many terraced houses and many houses on small plots of land. Further out, the houses are larger and sit in large gardens. There are a lot of custom lots in Carping Magna - mainly downloaded from other creators rather than made by me (though there are some of my lots in there too).

Sirencester
If you take the western road from Little Carping, you eventually come to Sirencester which is a large city. We can see two parts of it: the centre of town and Metropolitan University. Sirencester is a large city with many services and a large shopping area. There are clubs and restaurants, a large church, cemetaries, a large hospital, parking and petrol station lots, firehouse, police station, railway stations (both monorail and track), pubs, cafes, an art gallery and museum, a large gothic town hall, a secondary school (for state school students) and so on. The residential buildings include many apartment blocks as well as regular houses. Sirencester is divided into districts. The old town is across the river (east), between the river and the motorway (highway) with the airport to the south of it. On the west side of the river is the main modern centre of Sirencester with an industrial and warehouse district to the south. North of the city centre is an area of more modern buildings and somewhat scrappy development. The hospital is located here. The different areas are connected by railways and trams as well as roads. This is the least developed of the attached sub-hoods to Little Carping mainly because I keep doing and bit and then get distracted with something else. I'm not really happy with this and this is probably my first project (see projects post).

Metropolitan University
Metropolitan is situated on the outskirts of Sirencester and is closer to the hot interior of the country. It looks rather desert-like and the average temperature is higher here than other parts of the region (seasons are Spring-Summer-Summer-Autumn). Metropolitan is a relatively new university, being a former polytechnic, and has a very modern campus. It’s a dynamic thrusting place with a teaching emphasis on vocational education – teaching practical skills much needed in industry and business. The research emphasis is also focussed on application rather than the pursuit of knowledge for its own sake. Metropolitan is an upstart rival to Redbrick.

Redbrick University
The other university near Little Carping, Redbrick, is on the north road from Little Carping. This is a traditional august redbrick university, established in the later decades of the 19th century, with a respectable academic history and an outstanding research history. It is situated on the coast at the edge of rolling hills – an attractive location. The weather here is more clement (wanted to use that word for ages) than the weather seen in Metropolitan going through the seasons like so: autumn-winter-autumn-spring. This means the university gets two autumn boosts to study which underlines the focus here on academic achievement – a great contrast to Metropolitan. There is great rivalry with Metropolitan but Redbrick rests proudly on its academic laurels and, naturally, has the higher status. All the ambitious people go to Redbrick because of this and because of the networking opportunities it presents – as well as the seriously clever, of course.

The two universities were created to reflect my home town, as a matter of fact. University came out when I was, in fact, still at university (I went to the Redbrick equivalent). My home city has two major universities in it who are, literally, right next door to each other – there are spots here when you can cross the road from one campus to the other. They are also a traditional redbrick and an up-and-coming new ex-polytechnic university. They are also in a pretty serious competition with each other though are far too polite to acknowledge this.

Further flung regions include Noboku, Yellerstone and St Neots – you can probably work out from the names which vacation destination types these are. I have not done too much with these sub-hoods though I made vacation locals for all of them.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 4:31 PM Last edited by maxon : 2nd Jul 2017 at 9:25 PM.
Default Families and Sims
Goths http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...347&postcount=2
Vaughan http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...347&postcount=2
Sororah http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...347&postcount=2

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 4:32 PM Last edited by maxon : 2nd Aug 2017 at 4:02 PM.
Default Projects
Remodelling neighbourhood maps - http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...958#post5250958

Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 6:24 PM
maxon I am fairly sure that you will find a number of people interested in your posts on Little Carping, so no worries.

I like the Outline of your Neighborhood and the Pictures in various Seasons, your Neighborhood looks pretty. I am looking forward to more details as you post them.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Instructor
#7 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 7:22 PM
Wow! Little Carping is so beautiful! I agree with lordtyger on the concept and outline of the hood. The images you incorporated were simply breathtaking! Please post more (when you get a chance, of course )

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Link Ninja
#8 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 3:28 PM
I love reading about custom hoods and you went all the steps further and did custom vacations and universities?! Sign me up to read more The hood layout looks fabulous and well organized too!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Forum Resident
#9 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 3:53 PM
Fascinating! I love how Little Carping looks in both summer and winter. Beautiful. Your community, like this thread you've started, is meticulously created--and very original. It is systematic and done with a great deal of thought. There's even a map with street names! I feel like I can close my eyes and step into another world. I think that is what I enjoy so much about Sims, it provides me with a mental escape from reality.

I love how you've personalized everything--made it truly yours. I will never cease to be in awe of people (like you) who are able to create and customize and build such original SimPlaces. And I'm more than a little envious of your ability to go in and tweak internal portions of your game, such as BCons and BHavs (I don't even know what those are -- though I would guess a BHav has something to do with game behavior?)

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 11:07 AM
I love how Little Carping looks and I love the detail that has gone into its design. Very well done.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 3:59 PM
My work is finally starting to calm down and I will be able to turn my attention to other things in the coming weeks (till it all kicks off again in late September). So I was starting to think about things I wanted to do with the game over the summer. There are some CC things on the chocks but I also want to do some work on Little Carping.

So the first project I think I want to discuss in detail on this thread is something I've been thinking about for a while which is the redoing of the neighbourhood maps. Part of the reason for this is because I'm always thinking about the landscape of Little Carping (I've been obsessed with maps since childhood) and I keep thinking about ways to 'perfect' it. On the other hand, another thing I've been really pleased to see over the last year or so is the increase in the amount of neighbourhood CC and graphic improvements we've been seeing.

So I was thinking of re-doing (eventually) all the maps of Little Carping and, at the same time, trying to maximise the use of the new (and some older) CC. I'm kind of forced to do it this way because I don't play any other neighbourhoods which means I use it in Little Carping or not at all. As a result, lovely stuff I'd like to use gets left out (and I'd like to use all of it). The other issue is when you play a neighbourhood like that, you are usually stuck with things for a long time and this means stuff hangs around that should probably be deleted - but that's another issue again.

To expand a little on that last point, and as a diversion to my main idea: hairs. Many people like to collect lots of hair styles and there are some great items, especially amongst the more recent ones. But if you play long-term hoods like me - or, in my case, one hood only - you can get stuck with hairs for a very long time indeed. This means the hair files get out of date. I have some very old hairs in my Downloads folder which I should probably have deleted a long time ago. Hairs are not a problem with playable sims because you can change their hairstyles easily but with NPCs, it's more of a faff. If you give a custom hair to an NPC, you have to commit to keeping the hair files more-or-less forever in your Downloads folder. You can change them, but it's a case of making the NPC selectable and changing their appearance and making them an NPC again. And then there's always the uncertainty whether you gave the same style to someone else - with a large hood anyway. If you allow your game to generate sims itself and you have townie-friendly hairs, it's never certain who has what style anyway. This makes deleting things a bit of a risk and what's more if you give someone brown hair of a certain style from a certain hair family (which I will have downloaded as a set), I find I'm less likely to use the black, red and blonde versions because someone already has it. This means I never tend to use the black, red and blonde versions and the files sit in my Downloads folder for years taking up space. I wish sometimes I had the courage to just delete them but then I get accosted by thoughts of "I wonder if I used that on a townie?" And we're back to square one. The only thing that really works is a major overhaul. I'm going to leave the hair overhaul for a bit though but the neighbourhood objects collection is smaller so back to the neighbourhood decor.

With neighbourhood decorations, one positive is deleting them is less of an issue: neighbourhood objects just disappear - they don't get replaced with an EAxis equivalent as objects do. But I've still run into the issue of adding stuff to my game and trying it out and then not being sure whether I should delete it or not. Or using one part of a set and not being able to be sure whether I should delete the other parts. So, this is an opportunity for a bit of rationalisation of the Downloads folder too.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 3:59 PM Last edited by maxon : 23rd Sep 2017 at 8:24 PM.
So this is a list of the neighbourhood décor I currently have that I’d like to use (any suggestions as to more, feel free):

Neighbourhood Textures
Curious B neighbourhood textures https://curiousb.dreamwidth.org/28103.html
(though this Criquette terrain and road default replacement if it ever gets released http://criquette-was-here.tumblr.co...ult-Replacement)
Voeille Water mod http://modthesims.info/d/587597
Voeille terrain textures improvements http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=588607
Gwenke Ocean Surfaces https://sims2artists.com/index.php?topic=4431.0
Silent Dragon Neighbourhood LOD Textures http://silent-dragon21.livejournal.com/1522.html
Lowedus sun and moon defaults because these are just awesome http://lowedeus.tumblr.com/post/163...e-realistic-sky
CuriousB's stuff apparently is uploaded to DropBox (which is being an arse) but there's an alternative place to get her files here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9uq16d2n...R/Neighbourhood (also DropBox but working for now)

Neighbourhood Horizons
Criquette Horizons packed up by Witheredlilies http://criquette-was-here.tumblr.com/page/34
GreatCheesecakePersona Gckp Seasoned skylines http://greatcheesecakepersona.tumbl...4042017-see-the
Lowedus Rotating Skies (Fixed ZDD Edit) originals: http://lowedeus.tumblr.com/post/163...ry-special-date
iCad desert sky http://dramallamadingdang.tumblr.co...kybox-with-high
Plumbobbled Slow moving clouds http://plumbobbled.tumblr.com/post/...he-great-sky-of
True grid Type: “terrainType desert” http://criquette-was-here.tumblr.com/page/32

Neighbourhood Decor
Transport
Criquette Airport http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=315821
Criquette Buses http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=321997
Gwenke’s Buses add ons http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=375989 and more http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=441190
Criquette Cruise Ship http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=317952
Criquette Ferry http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=296676
Criquette Marina http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=294916
(Gwenke Boats recolours? http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=377473 the reason this is in brackets is I’m not sure yet whether I’ll use them)
Criquette Railways http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=319998
Psychosim Railway Freight http://psychosim.livejournal.com/8504.html and more http://psychosim.livejournal.com/4399.html
FauxouVrai elevated ‘subway’ set http://simscave.mustbedestroyed.org...hp?topic=6303.0
EAxis Railways (monorail and steam)
Criquette Trams http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=300171 and Psychosim’s rusty recolours http://psychosim.livejournal.com/3528.html and extension http://psychosim.livejournal.com/37192.html#cutid1

Infrastructure & Utilities
Jodelie Paved Roads (and small embankments) http://jodeliejodelie.tumblr.com/po...-hello-everyone
Criquette Road Set http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=299179
Criquette Road Signs http://criquette-was-here.tumblr.co...ribution-to-the
Criquette Bridges http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=324731
Criquette Motorway (Highway) http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=299179
Criquette & Jodelie Embankment (use for Canal) http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=318102 plus Psychosim add ons http://psychosim.livejournal.com/2829.html Also retexture with CuriousB's terrain grass http://www.mediafire.com/file/o1mh1...ment_retext.zip
Criquette rural lane http://criquette-was-here.tumblr.co...our-countryside
Criquette Hedges & Fences http://criquette-was-here.tumblr.co...nces-hedges-set
Criquette Telegraph poles http://criquette-was-here.tumblr.com/page/36
Criquette Street Lights http://criquette-was-here.tumblr.co...s-hood-deco-set (needs Better NL Mod http://criquette-was-here.tumblr.co...ustom-hood-deco)
Plus Lowedus’s LOD90 default replacements for the lot imposters: http://lowedeus.tumblr.com/post/158...lights-as-lod90
Gwenke Highway Signs (and other stuff) http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=445309
Criquette Walkways http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=320605
Psychosim water tanks (and billboards) http://psychosim.livejournal.com/6204.html
Hafiseazale plank bridge http://hafiseazale.tumblr.com/post/...pull-the-carved
EAxis Back Alleys
EAxis Watercoolers
EAxis Radio Tower
EAxis Satellite Dish
EAxis Gas Storage
EAxis Power Plant (enlarged)

Community Buildings and Decor (with purpose)
Eclectica (CuriousB) Hello City (wharf and warehouse) https://curiousb.dreamwidth.org/34246.html
Satinn extracted Psychosim Containers http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...39633#msg539633
Psychosim Harbour Cranes http://psychosim.livejournal.com/5959.html
Psychosim Harbour Deco http://psychosim.livejournal.com/29411.html including docks and boats/ships
Chimerical Hood Deco (farm stuff – plus other) http://chimerical.nightofdreams.net/deco-hood.html
Genlisae Farm Fields https://genlisae.dreamwidth.org/260467.html also these defaults by Slig with Genlisae's textures updated http://slig.dreamwidth.org/21659.html
Gwenke Farm Tractors https://sims2artists.com/index.php?topic=3083.0
Gwenke barns and silos http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=445309
Grearcheesecakepersona seasonal farm fields http://greatcheesecakepersona.tumbl...-another-update
Really looking forward to having these – they’re not available yet
Various skyscrapers (simaster8 http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=175501; Jixs http://modthesims.info/d/176631)
Xrax Franky Tower Cranes http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=250355
AD Inc Neighbourhood Decor (includes a variety of items, not just buildings) http://adinc-sims.tumblr.com/post/1...32-high-quality and http://adinc-sims.tumblr.com/post/1...xasmore-terrain
FauxouVrai neighbourhood buildings including historical walkway http://simscave.mustbedestroyed.org...hp?topic=6303.0
Criquette Athletic Fields http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=316083
Numenor Lost and Found Carousel http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=157181
Psychosims Pripyat Amusement Park http://psychosim.livejournal.com/12539.html#cutid1and OliveSpecter's ferris wheel recolour http://simflake.livejournal.com/2289.html

Buildings
Gneas shops http://sun-it-rises.livejournal.com/5075.html
Psychosim row houses pt 1 http://psychosim.livejournal.com/7585.html
Psychosim Office Towers http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=440517
Numenor Stonehenge http://modthesims.info/d/97275
Eclectica Forgotten Town http://curiousb.livejournal.com/14196.html or http://curiousb.dreamwidth.org/12033.html and here http://curiousb.livejournal.com/25421.html (new sizes)
Eclectica Ghost Town and here http://curiousb.livejournal.com/25421.html (new sizes)
Eclectica Merry Christmas (maybe) https://curiousb.dreamwidth.org/18543.html#cutid1
HA 3to2 Deco (variety) – can’t seem to find this
Miljian Simple Building http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=485461 (though I’m thinking of deleting this)
Hafiseazale various bits (including mine entrance and walls) http://hafiseazale.livejournal.com/29694.html
EAxis Tropical Ruin
EAxis Saucer

Plants & Natural Features
Criquette Linden Trees http://criquette-was-here.tumblr.co...n-enabled-trees
Ousmeo Green Scrub https://ousmeo.tumblr.com/post/1476...ny-green-shrubs
Gwenke Pinewoods http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=445309 these are with her farm buildings
Gwenke Seasonal Poplars http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=450193
Lowedeus Pines made seasonal http://lowedeus.tumblr.com/post/158...-tree-clump-and and http://lowedeus.tumblr.com/post/161...-pines-bv-small
Mustluvcatz Raynuss Trees for the neighbourhood http://mustluvcatz-sims-stuffs.blog...hood-trees.html
Numenor Lost and Found Waterfall http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=60099
Eclectica Trees https://curiousb.dreamwidth.org/17721.html
Immlegacy Orangutan Neighbourhood Decoration Tree http://immlegacy.livejournal.com/57323.html
Deele 4to2 Uptown – can’t find this one either
Lowedus Lost and Found Jungle Rocks http://lowedeus.tumblr.com/post/156...e-rocks-im-very
Lowedus Man of Prey Trees http://lowedeus.tumblr.com/post/136...rees-misc-a-set
EAxis Rocks
EAxis flowers

Animals
Sunni9676 Horses http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...77&hilit=+horse
Becks Neighbourhood Cow https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...-cow/id/954661/
Sheep http://curiousb.dreamwidth.org/23805.html
Pigs – I’m thinking about this one
EAxis birds (geese, seagulls, crows, blue)

Also:
Rock hider: http://mechemik.tumblr.com/post/765...mall-little-fix
Also from Lowedus a default LOD90 mesh for on lot street lamps: http://lowedeus.tumblr.com/post/158...lights-as-lod90 which makes matching the new neighbourhood street lamps from Criquette consistent and harmonious

So the idea is to use all of those in some way. Yeah - that's quite a lot.

Field Researcher
#13 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 10:48 PM
I enjoyed reading about how you created Little Carping. I like the detailed descriptions of you thought things out and why certain things are the way they are in Little Carping. I'm finishing up a challenge and already starting to think about what I want to do next. You've given me much to think about!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 6:50 PM
That is a great resource list for hood deco objects. I am book marking this.