Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 5:36 PM
Default Good Genes?
I am spending a lot of time in my test Hood at present, since I am working on a new project. So, I decided it might be interesting to combine the testing with a play along of the Good Genes challenge running on Garden of Shadows over Christmas.
http://gardenofshadows.org.uk/garde...3&topic=34881.0

So, I downloaded Grinchella, added Downtown to my test hood for the townies, and put her in the game. This was literally the first time I have ever installed someone else's sim in my game. I guess I did something wrong, as she appeared without the green skin.

So, I sent this intrepid cub reporter with the Downtown Herald out to meet potential mates. She soon managed to score a two bolt attraction with the local Mr Big, Manuel Inada. This is their wedding.

As he married in with $70,000, I was able to add a second storey to Grinchella's house, and they were good to start a family. Unfortunately, eldest daughter Noelle turned out to be a mini-me of Mommy, apart from the ears.

So, I let them breed again. Now the question is, did I remember to roll the pacifier?

Actually, Noelle looked a lot better when she aged to child.

Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 6:37 PM
Sounds fun! I'd love to see their house at some point too.
I think Grinchella's skin is the alien skin, and since you can't make aliens in CAS she isn't green. I think the alien skin is available in debug mode maybe???
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zena-Dew-Drop
Sounds fun! I'd love to see their house at some point too.
I think Grinchella's skin is the alien skin, and since you can't make aliens in CAS she isn't green. I think the alien skin is available in debug mode maybe???

@Zena-Dew-Drop: Um you CAN make Aliens in CAS, I have done it quite often in fact. One just needs to activate the testingcheats First then go to CAS and then press Shift-N to activate the Alien Skin Tones, etc.

@Aysarth:
You should probably go to SimPE and change her skin tone to the Alien one, that way she would have a chance of having babies with Alien Skin tone and then change her existing child’s Genetics in SimPE.

I don’t download others Sims so I can’t help with figuring out why she does have the Alien Skin she is supposed to have.

I have created Sims in BodyShop with Alien Skin and then exported them and put them in SavedSims and then went to CAS and the Alien Sim was there like I wanted, so that part works fine for me.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Instructor
#4 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 11:54 PM
Sounds interesting! A challenge-I anticipate hearing more in the future. You have a long journey ahead, so good luck

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Field Researcher
#5 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 4:11 AM
This is similar to an offspring challenge I'm currently finishing up. It's been fun. I agree with Zena; I'd love to see pictures of the house, too.

It will be interesting to see if Noelle continues to get better looking as she ages up.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Um you CAN make Aliens in CAS, I have done it quite often in fact. One just needs to activate the testingcheats First then go to CAS and then press Shift-N to activate the Alien Skin Tones, etc.

Yes, by CAS I meant the default CAS, where you can only choose S1-S4 skin tones. Activating testingcheats and pressing Shift-N is putting CAS in debug mode.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 7:36 PM
Pictures of the house coming up!

This was a single storey house, which came with Downtown. I added the upper storey when Manuel moved in.

Now, they have upstairs a master bedroom with ensuite shower room, a family bathroom and two single bedrooms. The larger of these was shared by Noelle and her sister Holly, until Noelle moved out. The smaller bedroom is a dedicated nursery.

Downstairs, they now have an open plan dining hall and kitchen, with a downstairs shower room, a TV room and a study/fourth bedroom.

Here is a sims eye view of the kitchen and hall. The furnishing generally is pretty boring. This is my test hood, so no CC allowed.

Screenshots
Field Researcher
#8 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 3:14 AM
I love seeing houses and how players decorate. Thanks for sharing!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 11:18 AM
I thought I would show you the next generation. When Noelle aged to adult her parents were still going strong, so she moved into her own place. She soon hitched up with two bolter, Gordon Howe. I forgot to take a picture of their wedding, but here they are, outside their house.

And here is Noelle inside her house. You can see she likes deep colours and is not afraid of black. The house is smaller than her parents, but fairly similar in layout, except that the kitchen is at the back. You probably don't want to see that, it is bright yellow and black!

And this is Gordon, with their son Berry. I don't think they will have any more children as they are both fortune sims, and too busy gaining promotions. Berry is not too bad looking, although he still has that receding chin. He has green eyes, like his father and grandmother Grinchella.

Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 3:27 PM
Berry does not look bad now. He might be better looking when he is older also.

Good to see your update @Aysarth Thanks for sharing.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Field Researcher
#12 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 3:31 PM
Barry could turn out to be a real cutie, you never know!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 11:30 AM
Here is Noelle's younger sister, Holly, as a grown up.

Apart from the exaggerated smirk, I think she looks quite good.

Being so much younger, Holly didn't need to move out to start a family, as her parents were already fairly advanced in the elder life stage when she aged to adult. She was very decided about her choice of spouse. I sent her to the town museum to check out likely candidates. She had one bolt with just about every male sim there, and there were a lot. Apparently, Art is very important to adult male sims. I searched the crowd until I found the single sim she had two bolts with, and directed her over to talk with him. She gave me a dirty look, left the guy she had started talking to, and went over to the two- bolter, where she apparently told some VERY off-colour joke that caused them both to have strong negative reactions. Then, she went right back to the first sim and purely autonomously with me looking on, she flirted them both up to crush status in about one sim hour!

Here is Holly's wedding to her chosen one-bolter, Remington Bradshaw.

AND here is a picture of their oldest child, Winter. I say oldest because Holly and Remington are family sims, so I expect there will be others.
Winter is cute!

Screenshots
Forum Resident
#14 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 12:09 PM
the genes looks better and better and longer away from monkeyface xD

I build small houses *^*
Field Researcher
#15 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 3:45 PM
I love it when my sims surprise me by choosing someone I wouldn't have thought they'd choose. She does look pretty good except around the mouth, and Winter is adorable.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 11:07 AM
Yep Holly looks decent and Winter is quite cute. It will be interesting to see what their other kids will look like. Likely very nice I think.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 8:12 AM
Default Oh dear.
I wanted to post some pictures to show you the Good Genes boys as teens, and introduce Winter's little brother, Nick. However, for some reason my computer has "lost" the uploader that allows me to attach files to my post.

I guess all I can do is wait and see it it comes back.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 2:29 PM
Hooray! I can post attachments using my new laptop. (Still don't know what's going on with my PC though).

Here are my Good Genes boys as teens, and little brother Nick as a child. Winter brought Berry home on his first day at school, so the older boys are good friends. When Winter's brother Nick aged up to child, they took him bowling.

This is how Winter looks as a teen. Too much like his father, in my opinion.

Brother Nick is shaping up better.

But Berry would be the best looking, with his big green eyes. If only his teeth didn't show through his chin, sometimes....
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#19 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 4:18 PM
Nick did seem to get the most mixed genes from both parents, and Berry is definitely going to be a handsome man. Maybe he'll grow into the teeth.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 3:30 AM
Hoo boy, Winter is a carbon copy of his father. Wow. I agree with Cher that Nick is a lot more balanced. But Berry basically looks like face template one, no? Not a bad choice if the goal is nice looking genetics. If the goal were for unique, I'd likely suggest Nick.

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 7:05 AM
@Aysarth I am glad that you can do attachments again. I wonder why your PC has an issue with them.

I think Winter looks good myself.
Nick looks quite nice too.
Quote:
But Berry would be the best looking, with his big green eyes. If only his teeth didn't show through his chin, sometimes....

I do hope that Berry does not have the issue with the teeth when he grows up.