Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#1701 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 8:49 PM
My simself is temporarily moving out and taking Gingko Kingyo with her. Bill Nye for now is bonding with Gemini.

My simself is currently staying with the Matsuno sextuplet brothers. To alleviate confusion, the Matsuno sextuplets are Young Adults like my simself. Grant Imahara and his sextuplets live in a different world and I divorced Panda Queen from Grant. It just didn't work for them. Panda Queen returned to her family in another different world. The Matsuno sextuplets are in reference to a Showa era anime that had quite a bit of cultural impact on Japanese pop culture which was recently revived to celebrate what would have been the creator's 80th birthday as he died a while back.

Anyway, my simself was warmly welcomed by the six brothers and apparently, Ichimatsu, fourth of six, adored Gingko Kingyo. (Ichimatsu is a cat person and is shy to try and make human friends).

As with any basic agreement, my simself will be building better skills in life by working for the brothers before even considering asking to marry Bill. (In my family IRL, it's the woman who asks "Will you marry me?")

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1702 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 2:07 PM
I fell asleep whilst my sim was in labour and at some point woke up during the night and saved and shut the laptop down. It's a mystery as to what the child was or what I named it... I guess I'll find out! (don't play the Sims in bed at 2am saying to yourself "I'll go to sleep as soon as she's had the baby.")
Mad Poster
#1703 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 10:14 PM
So far, the youngest of the Matsuno sextuplets, Todomatsu is trying to act suave, but my simself shuts him down. Cue the awkward moodlet that leads to hiding under the covers.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Lab Assistant
#1704 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 1:21 PM
My twin toddlers finally aged up. Somehow, they managed to get all of their skills up to 3 or better, even though their mother had no time to teach them. (She kept getting a negative moodlet for interacting with an 'evil' Sim, and wasn't interacting with anyone but the toddlers. The only thing I can guess is that they weren't learning empathy, since she wasn't teaching them to 'say sorry', which made them 'evil'. Both had the 'angelic' trait, so they shouldn't have been 'evil'.)

I've been deleting the nightlight when the toddlers age up to encourage the monster under the bed. So far, the monster has refused parley.
Scholar
#1705 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 2:00 PM
Caitlin Bheeda aged up to teen. I didn't even have to tweak her features (which is quite frankly a miracle based on my past experiences with Sim kids) and I think she aged up pretty cute. The only thing I've done recently was got rid of her freckles when she was still a child, because I decided I didn't like them when I was tweaking the rest of the family after Cats and Dogs came out.

She's the first one of my Sim kids in a very long time to age up to teen. Unfortunately, she's aged up past her school friends who are behind her in skills and finishing their aspirations, but I've been playing the Bheeda's across multiple saves (one save dies because of a patch, and they move to a new one) since December 2016, so it was way past time for her to age up. So far they are my longest running family since I started playing Sims 4 back around late December 2014-early January 2015.

Caitlin's traits are Hot-Headed and Music Lover. I chose the Musical Genius aspiration for her, because she's the creative kid out of the three, but I wanted her to do something different than painting (since that's Jesminder's thing). Caleb the middle child is the geeky kid, and Caroline the youngest (she's a toddler still) is the outgoing one. I tried to balance all their traits based on their parents with some room for random (like Caitlin's going to be the one to rebel against being a vegetarian, since she's hot-headed and moody).

And I don't think I can say enough how much I'm loving this hair from Laundry Day! I always wanted a hairstyle like this for Sims and I'm so glad we got one finally!

So, now I've got to get moving around my households and try to get some more kids caught up on their skills so they can age up soon.
Field Researcher
#1706 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 9:19 PM
Wallace is back guys <3

He likes rolling and sleeping in the food my devil of a toddler throws around
and sits on the washing machine when it's on.
Scholar
#1707 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Natashenka
Wallace is back guys <3

He likes rolling and sleeping in the food my devil of a toddler throws around
and sits on the washing machine when it's on.

I seriously love this cat! He's more entertaining than any of the cats in my game!
Forum Resident
#1708 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 8:26 PM Last edited by Weisskreuz : 24th Jan 2018 at 5:56 AM.
I forgot when my last post was. But a few things have happened.
No pictures, because I spent most of them time wrangling my reshade preset into submission. But it's all square now

TL:DR I keep mixing up present and past tense

I used an older save to go back to when the babies were children. I felt like i missed some important childhood developments. but nothing happened other than Amira wearing a lime green raccoon (bear?) suit for like a week. An interesting development, indeed.

Everyone aged up (including the 'rents) and I had Helen get a part time job, she was a few weeks to aging up to YA. God i wish there was university in this game. They were still really poor but Megan was making a sizable amount of money. I was originally going to find a house on the gallery and have them save up for that. But their 4 kids kind of ruined that and its better to just make a house with specifications. But this was not true as I kept making rooms too big, using expensive items and an assortment of bad building noob choices. Back to poverty they went.
A while ago I moved them out of their ginormous lot, and onto a small one so it would be easier to build a house, but it felt really oppressive, man. SO...I moved the whole family into Darius' parents house. Whatever the largest plot in Newcrest is called, that one.

Darius was snatched and aged up from a old family I had in my main save. But when i placed them in this one i forgot Darius had aged up a lot. He's like a day away from Elder...just like his parents. He and his brother were both teens ,now he's an old fart. Oh well.
They had a super plain house, like a MIL suite, with 1 full-sized bed and a bathroom, I thought they'd die first so Terrence (brother) would have it but here they are...still living. Anyways they had a chunk of cash (100k-ish) so I used that to start building a house for the fam. I transferred their old house from their previous lot to this one, so that saved a little bit of money since the framework was there, it just wasn't decorated. Rebuilt the parents suite to be ...less expensive and used that saved money : ))))))))
Helen aged up to YA and moved out, so I gave Terrence her room. Since he was just sleeping on his parents couch before. Jamaal and Grayson share a room because i actually forgot to give them separate ones. But i'm going to treat them like twins, because I switched Amira to a boy in CAS and she looks nothing like either of them. She also keeps lagging behind them when she ages up. So nail in the coffin for that triplets thing.

Well let me tell you something about trying to control 8 sims in 2 houses. It's terrible and not because of managing needs. But because Sims have no concept of personal ownership/space. The parents have a nice tv, kitchen, bathroom set, and they STILL walk out of their house to the "main" house ,when they're literally starving or about to pee themselves, to use these things in their child's house. It makes no sense your stuff is better. And all of it is much closer than what's in the other house. I literally had to put a door on the main kitchen and lock them both out so they wouldn't use the inferior stove, what is wrong with you people! I took is as them being incredibly nosy and butting into their grand kids business but its still really annoying.
I think child phases are pretty low impact. Because i definitely felt every single teen phase that these rugrats went through, in my heart. Except for Terrence he was a lovely phase less teen and that's why i'm leaving all Darius' inheritance to him; 3$ and a pen.
In the old save Darius' family had 2 huskies, but I had to delete them since they took up sim spaces. They were so cute too, they'd run to the bathroom while Darius was on the toilet and just stare at him until he's done. According to my pet having friends that is a normal thing. Weird, but cute.

Helen got married and has an adorable stepdaughter. When I looked at her family tree her mom was grayed out. The save isn't old enough and there aren't enough sims for her to have been culled. I mean it's possible but that would be weird. Maybe Helens I new husband is just a serial killer who knows. But the little girl is cute, so I have high hopes that Helen's babies aren't incredibly ugly. Can't wait.

Speaking of babies, While I was looking at the sim family manager (?) I looked at the family Jamaal's girlfriend was a part of, she had the Pregnancy thumbnail pose. Someone has some explaining to do.

Whenever i'm not on the family Amira just shows up every goddamn where. I moved Terrence out when he aged up to YA and she would come by his house and call him EVERYDAY. One time i just called her because he needed his social up, she showed up IMMEDIATELY after the phone call ended, asking to hang out. It was weird as hell. I'm going to have her work for the newspaper when she grows up. Freakin' stalker.
Grayson and his mom both have the hotheaded trait, and they full on brawl sometimes. It's just a quirky game but it's...yikes. I might just move him out while he's still a teen. He gets along with Darius though. Probably because his dad doesn't beat him up.

They still had a week or until they age up. Im thinking about just choosing one of them and having them stay and fix up the house. But I can't decide who i like the most.

Have this picture of Terrence and Darius(right) in the olden days. I dunno what they were watching on TV but I know their parents were super busy spamming romantic interactions the whole time.
Tada

I haven't played in a while, but i'm going to load it up tonight and seeeeee

Edit: NVM new overwatch patch

FOR THE HORDE
Scholar
#1709 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
I forgot when my last post was. But a few things have happened.
No pictures, because I spent most of them time strangling my reshade preset into submission. But it's all square now

TL:DR I keep mixing up present and past tense
I used an older save to go back to when the babies were children. I felt like i missed some important childhood developments. but nothing happened other than Amira wearing a lime green raccoon (bear?) suit for like a week. An interesting development.

Everyone aged up (including the 'rents) and I had Helen get a part time job, she was a few weeks to aging up to YA. God i wish there was university in this game. They were still really poor but Megan was making a sizable amount of money. I was originally going to find a house on the gallery and have them save up for that. But their 4 kids kind of ruined that and its better to just make a house with specifications. But this was not true as I kept making rooms too big, using expensive items and an assortment of bad building noob choices. Back to poverty they went.
A while ago I moved them out of their ginormous lot, and onto a small thing so it would be easier to build a house, but it felt really oppressive, man. SO...I moved the whole family into Darius' parents house. Whatever the largest plot in Newcrest is called, that one.

Darius was snatched and aged up from a old family I had in my main save. But when i placed them in this one i forgot Darius had aged up a lot. He's like a day away from Elder...just like his parents. He and his brother were both teens but now he's an old fart. Oh well.
They had a super plain house, it's like a MIL suite, with 1 full-sized bed and a bathroom, I thought they'd die first so Terrence (brother) would have it but here they are...still living. Anyways they had a sizable chunk of cash (100k ish) so I used that to start building a house for the fam. I transferred their old house from their previous lot to this one, so that saved a little bit of money since the framework was there but it just wasn't decorated. Rebuilt the parents suite to be ...less expensive and used that saved money : ))))))))
Helen aged up to YA and moved out, so I gave Terrence her room. Since he was just sleeping on his parents couch before. Jamaal and Grayson share a room because i actually forgot to give them separate ones. But i'm going to treat them like twins, because I switched Amira to a boy in CAS and she looks nothing like either of them. She also keeps lagging behind them when she ages up. So nail in the coffin for that triplets thing.

Well let me tell you something about trying to control 8 sims in 2 houses. It's terrible and not because of managing needs. But because Sims have no concept of personal ownership/space. The parents have a nice tv, kitchen, bathroom set, and they STILL walk out of their house to the "main" house ,when they're literally starving or about to pee themselves, to use these things in their child's house. It makes no sense your stuff is better. And all of it is much closer than what's in the other house. I literally had to put a door on the main kitchen and lock them both out so they wouldn't use the inferior stove, what is wrong with you people! I took is as them being incredibly nosy and butting into their grand kids business but its still really annoying.
I think child phases are pretty low impact. Because i definitely felt every single teen phase that these rugrats went through, in my heart. Except for Terrence he was a lovely phase less teen and that's why i'm leaving all Darius' inheritance to him; 3$ and a pen.
In the old save Darius' family had 2 huskies, but I had to delete them since they took up sim spaces. They were so cute too, they'd run to the bathroom while Darius was on the toilet and just stare at him until he's done. According to my pet having friends that is a normal thing. Weird, but cute.

Helen got married and has an adorable stepdaughter. When I looked at her family tree her mom was grayed out. The save isn't old enough and there aren't enough sims to her to have been culled. I mean it's possible but that would be weird. Maybe her new husband is just a serial kill who knows. But the little girl is cute, so I have high hopes that Helen's babies aren't incredibly ugly. Can't wait.

Speaking of babies, While I was looking at the sim family manager (?) I looked at the family Jamaal's girlfriend was a part of, she had the Pregnancy thumbnail pose. Someone has some explaining to do.

Whenever i'm not on the family Amira just shows up every goddamn where. I moved Terrence out when he aged up to YA and she would come by his house and call him EVERYDAY. One time i just called her because he needed his social up, she showed up IMMEDIATELY after the phone call ended asking to hang out. It was weird as hell. I'm going to have her work for the newspaper when she grows up. Freakin' stalker.
Grayson and his mom both have the hotheaded trait, and they full on brawl sometimes. It's just a quirky game but it's...yikes. I might just move him out while he's still a teen. He gets along with Darius though. Probably because his dad doesn't beat him up.

They still had a week or until they age up. Im thinking about just choosing one of them and having them stay and fix up the house. But I can't decide who i like the most.

Have this picture of Terrence and Darius(right) in the olden days. I dunno what they were watching on TV but I know their parents were super busy spamming romantic interactions the whole time.
Tada

I haven't played in a while, but i'm going to load it up tonight and seeeeee

I've had a pretty crappy day and this just made me laugh out loud, so thanks for that! I always enjoy reading about the drama in other people's games.
Forum Resident
#1710 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
I've had a pretty crappy day and this just made me laugh out loud, so thanks for that! I always enjoy reading about the drama in other people's games.

Aw, I am happy to help!

So ,a mini update, I checked Jamaals girlfriend today to find that she had triplets.
I'm disowning him.

Edit: NEVERMIND they're her male roommates children. Which i'm not sure is better when I think about it.
..undisowned!

FOR THE HORDE
Field Researcher
#1711 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 10:46 PM
He fly.

He makes sure the washing's dry.

Inventor
#1712 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 12:03 AM
Been playing a single sim with a cat.

One day when my sim returned home, after visiting some public lots, I've got notification that my cat was in labor. I was surprised as I didn't even knew she was pregnant (she was CAS created cat, not stray adopted or anything like that). She gave a birth to male triplets.

I was curious if they'll even interact with each other, aaaaand soon I've got answer for my question, they really loved each other.

Later I sold these kittens, because my game started lagging even more (wooden laptop), and my sim was short on money too. (But still I'm feeling bad for selling these three)
Field Researcher
#1713 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 8:43 PM
12 hours after ordering and my sims are still sat in Chez Llama waiting for their food. I go to cancel the order and it says 'your food is coming soon'... uh no, I don't think it is...
Scholar
#1714 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Natashenka
12 hours after ordering and my sims are still sat in Chez Llama waiting for their food. I go to cancel the order and it says 'your food is coming soon'... uh no, I don't think it is...

Been there too many times. I wish Maxis would fix restaurants once and for all. It's so frustrating!
Lab Assistant
#1715 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 12:18 PM
I bought Outdoor Retreat for the weekend, which necessitated a new family and house, and finally took my two ladies camping on Sunday. I'd edited the camping site beforehand, but once I got them there, I realised that much was missing and sent the girls home so that I could a) build a little toilet hut (they were seriously not walking all the way to the ranger station), b) add some books to the inventory of the 'Renaissance' Sim of the pair (she loves the outdoors, but is more concerned with advancing her skills), and c) throw their yoga mats into their pack. Amanda, the herbalist, found more chamomile and elderberry, both toxic and good, than she could stand, but had no luck with the bugs. Juliette was perfectly happy back at the campsite, working on her handiness skill in the fresh air. A little woohoo in the tent, and a good time was had by all. Back at home, Amanda reached the level of wellness that allows her to teleport, which makes collecting so much easier.

We'll be going back as soon as Juliette gets to the third level in her new business career, but I've decided that I'm just going to cheat on the bugs - they're just too hard to find. It was much easier to collect them in Sims 3. Also, no one in my game is going to be eating beetles, okay? (It's one of the aspiration requirements for the outdoor enthusiast - cook and serve 2 plates of beetles. There's a cheat for that.) What Juliette doesn't know is that Amanda, having gone as far as she can with herbalism until she collects more ingredients, is secretly working on her parenting skills. (Juliette has the 'hates children' trait.) Sadly, I have no time to play until Thursday (I work late early in the week), but camping is just too much fun, especially since I'm not the one getting dirty and wet and cold.
Scholar
#1716 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 5:37 AM
I'm back to playing my regular save, (not alternate reality) and I decided to play first my son Cillian and his twins, then my household, and then finally my grandsons and grand daughters;

First I played Logan and his sisters household. They live in a duplex so there are eight sims plus a butler. Thinking of kicking a roucous toddler out of the house in favour of a nice, quiet cat.

First of all, Logan got abducted. Glad he cant get pregnant. I'm assuming that is something that only happens to humans? Plus sims whos households are not at eight.

Logan looked HAPPY to be abducted. I guess he knew he was going to visit his mummy. (He is the first ever abduction born alien in my game)

At the same time I played Ronen who also lives in this house. His son Malachi finally aged up to child. Because his wife Saoirse has a Irish heritage (big family with Irish heritage in my game), they named the son Malachi which is actually pretty common in Ireland (named after Saints I guess), but it's pronounced Mal-a-key instead of Mal-a-k-eye. Confused? Me too. I really love Ronen. As you'll recall (or not) he dated and married Saoirse when she was still a teenager, she had Malachi as a teen. He still somehow manages to look remarkably just like his dad even though hes apparently not supposed to. Ronen was a lucky-duck Townie that I selected to be Saoirse's S.O because I thought he was handsome. Most S.O's in the game I made or downloaded.

Finally I'm playing Rhys, who is brother to Logan and Saoirse, he used to live with them until they started having kids, and so he moved out and married Callisto, his S.O. who is an alien (Rhys is hybrid). Rhys is so handsome! He's my grandson...he has a daughter, toddler named Sinead. Most of the grand children of the McKay clan have given their kids Irish names. (Although Rhys is Welsh name)

I just love playing my alien sims. They're so much fun.
Forum Resident
#1717 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 6:57 AM Last edited by Weisskreuz : 1st Feb 2018 at 7:15 AM.
I spoke too soon last time. I've disowned the triplets...
Not really but I realized I didn't actually feel like playing them. I put them in some careers and unliked them in the manager. I'll let MCCC sort that out.
In the meantime i'm playing Helens family. This is her stepdaughter, Marissa. She's like that...Tumblr Cute, the kind that has all unedited preset #1 from each category. I love her.

Soooooo, Helen recently had her own daughter with her new husband.

I decided to join Helen at the hospital back when she was giving birth. First time adventure here, because I hate loading screens.

So the lot loads and Daddy jets off, running around in parent panic like an idiot.
I'm clicking anyone thats in some type of uniform looking for options. While i'm doing that Helen, who is in labor, decides its the best time to wash some dishes. On a lot that's not her home lot...when there are no dishes. I'll be dead before the Sims Team fixes this bug, hm?
Finally found the check in option, and get Helen to do so, and while she's talking to the receptionist the interaction drops off. Apparently this dudes shift was over, so he gets up and walks off the lot mid-conversation and I have to restart it with the new one. Thanks.
I make them sit down together but he keeps getting up and sitting down, not sure what the issue is but eventually she gets called to the back. Aaaand he decides right at that moment he needs to eat so he pulls an omelet out of his inventory and starts snacking in the reception area while his wife is giving birth to his child. A+
I stop the action and he finally runs down the hallway and panics in the room. And they get their sweet (weirdly pale) baby girl and he RUNS AWAY.

I named her Aaliyah, and she is a very ...interesting mix of her parents. Including her skintone which is normal when she aged to toddler.

I may or may not have given Helen an annoying mother in law. There wasn't enough drama in this household, but even though i made her mean and insane with a negative relationship with Helen. There is no drama to be found. But atleast she can take care of Aaliyah and any other children they have for freeeee.

Edit: I need to stop playing the game while i'm writing these things. Because Grandma then proceeded to leave Aaliyah in her high chair the whole day while everyone was at work/school and she fell asleep inside of it. Geez.
Edit2: Guess who's pregnant agaaaain

FOR THE HORDE
Field Researcher
#1718 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 7:45 AM
In the meantime i'm playing Helens family. This is her stepdaughter, Marissa. She's like that...Tumblr Cute, the kind that has all unedited preset #1 from each category. I love her.

Ooh, she's beautiful! Unedited preset 1, um, not to sound stupid here but that means...? First possible choice in CAS? Could be nice to know, to see if I can use that to make a pretty girl that looks a little like your Marissa.
Forum Resident
#1719 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 9:00 AM Last edited by Weisskreuz : 1st Feb 2018 at 9:15 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ryûchan
Ooh, she's beautiful! Unedited preset 1, um, not to sound stupid here but that means...? First possible choice in CAS? Could be nice to know, to see if I can use that to make a pretty girl that looks a little like your Marissa.

Pretty much. Her lips aren't first but I can recognize which preset it is. I figure her mom (bless her culled soul) was just a randomized townie since they usually wear presets as is.
But it was a joke I haven't even touched her in detail in CAS to check fully. I just couldn't believe that a sim i'm not responsible for is so adorable!

Edit: I REALLY need to stop playing the game. Amira has a baby now, who's the daddy woman?

FOR THE HORDE
Lab Assistant
#1720 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 11:39 AM
We need to talk about Alexander Goth. One of my child Sims befriended him at school a couple of weeks ago, and while I did not approve, he was her only friend for a bit. I let her call him to get her social bar up, until she made the mistake of calling him at 7:00 am on a school morning, and he hung up on her, telling her he was still sleeping! He dropped out of her friends/acquaintances when she aged up. I'm suspcious about that. Where did he go? Did Mortimer lock him in the basement or something?

So, I'm playing an entirely new family now, one that could not possibly have met any of the Goths, and he calls my adult Sims at 2:00 am to invite them over for a play date. He's still a child. No wonder he's still in bed at 7:00 am - he's troll-calling Sims in other worlds all night. Just what is going on at the Goth mansion? Why does this child never age up?
Scholar
#1721 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 8:13 PM
I spoke too soon last time. I've disowned the triplets...
Not really but I realized I didn't actually feel like playing them. I put them in some careers and unliked them in the manager. I'll let MCCC sort that out.

Soooooo, Helen recently had her own daughter with her new husband.

I decided to join Helen at the hospital back when she was giving birth. First time adventure here, because I hate loading screens.

So the lot loads and Daddy jets off, running around in parent panic like an idiot.
I'm clicking anyone thats in some type of uniform looking for options. While i'm doing that Helen, who is in labor, decides its the best time to wash some dishes. On a lot that's not her home lot...when there are no dishes. I'll be dead before the Sims Team fixes this bug, hm?
Finally found the check in option, and get Helen to do so, and while she's talking to the receptionist the interaction drops off. Apparently this dudes shift was over, so he gets up and walks off the lot mid-conversation and I have to restart it with the new one. Thanks.
I make them sit down together but he keeps getting up and sitting down, not sure what the issue is but eventually she gets called to the back. Aaaand he decides right at that moment he needs to eat so he pulls an omelet out of his inventory and starts snacking in the reception area while his wife is giving birth to his child. A+
I stop the action and he finally runs down the hallway and panics in the room. And they get their sweet (weirdly pale) baby girl and he RUNS AWAY.

I named her Aaliyah, and she is a very ...interesting mix of her parents. Including her skintone which is normal when she aged to toddler.

I may or may not have given Helen an annoying mother in law. There wasn't enough drama in this household, but even though i made her mean and insane with a negative relationship with Helen. There is no drama to be found. But atleast she can take care of Aaliyah and any other children they have for freeeee.

Edit: I need to stop playing the game while i'm writing these things. Because Grandma then proceeded to leave Aaliyah in her high chair the whole day while everyone was at work/school and she fell asleep inside of it. Geez.
Edit2: Guess who's pregnant agaaaain

I have only used the hospital one time to deliver a baby. And never again. OMG. It was such a huge PIA. Experiences like it really make me miss the rabbithole lots from Sims 3.

Quote: Originally posted by invisiblgirl
We need to talk about Alexander Goth. One of my child Sims befriended him at school a couple of weeks ago, and while I did not approve, he was her only friend for a bit. I let her call him to get her social bar up, until she made the mistake of calling him at 7:00 am on a school morning, and he hung up on her, telling her he was still sleeping! He dropped out of her friends/acquaintances when she aged up. I'm suspcious about that. Where did he go? Did Mortimer lock him in the basement or something?

So, I'm playing an entirely new family now, one that could not possibly have met any of the Goths, and he calls my adult Sims at 2:00 am to invite them over for a play date. He's still a child. No wonder he's still in bed at 7:00 am - he's troll-calling Sims in other worlds all night. Just what is going on at the Goth mansion? Why does this child never age up?

You need the Unlisted Phone Numbers mod by scumbumbo. It will change your life.
Scholar
#1722 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 4:49 AM Last edited by aparkison : 2nd Feb 2018 at 5:00 AM.
I've spent the last week renovating this farm lot for the Fyres family and I'm finally almost finished. I just have the barn left to do, but I think I'm going to take a break and work on something else for while because I totally redid the inside of this house up and downstairs to suit them better and my creative juices are a bit drained at the moment.

I really like how it's turning out though, so I took some random screenshots to share. I really wanted it to feel like a working hobby farm to the best of what we can do with Sims 4 without a farming pack, which I would really love to have, and hope we'll get someday or maybe some farm-type things with Seasons. My thoughts for the barn are to make it a place to hold parties, something that's always been common where I'm from long before the stereotype of the Pinterest barn wedding/party venue became a thing and even though we can't do home businesses, I also thought about making it look like a small farmer's market/cafe inside.

I also gave them a cat that I downloaded last night. This blog has some really cute pets available. I downloaded a whole handful of cats and dogs from them. The one in the picture below is Zoey. I think I'm going to give the family a dog too, but I haven't settled on what kind yet.

And I later I remembered why I never use those damn campfire pits from Outdoor Retreat.

I had the whole clan roasting hot dogs and enjoying themselves when Siobhan's chair caught on fire. Moira put out the fire and no one died, thankfully! Dominic and Siobhan got singed pretty bad though, so I had them go in to shower and get back to normal. At the same time Moira ran off with the cat and as you can see Morgan's just looking put out about the whole thing. I replaced the two burnt chairs before I took this, not thinking, because it would have been a better photo with the aftermath of the fire.

Lab Assistant
#1723 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 12:04 PM
Those outdoor pits are a menace - I had a Sim quite high in cooking and handiness skill get singed just lighting it.

Gardening is one of the more enjoyable skills in the game - you can actually see the, erm, fruits of your labour as your Sim's skill increases. And there are a number of uses for the produce - I like to keep some apples for a quick hunger fix, and when playing without the money cheat, it was selling the produce in their inventories that allowed my Sims to scrum up enough Simoleons (Simoleans?) to pay the handiman to fix the washer.
Scholar
#1724 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by invisiblgirl
Those outdoor pits are a menace - I had a Sim quite high in cooking and handiness skill get singed just lighting it.

Gardening is one of the more enjoyable skills in the game - you can actually see the, erm, fruits of your labour as your Sim's skill increases. And there are a number of uses for the produce - I like to keep some apples for a quick hunger fix, and when playing without the money cheat, it was selling the produce in their inventories that allowed my Sims to scrum up enough Simoleons (Simoleans?) to pay the handiman to fix the washer.

A menace is an understatement. They're terrible! Moira was able to get about half of her hot dogs eaten before things caught on fire. No one else was able to even finish cooking their food. It's a bit ridiculous. I've also had Sims catch on fire just from lighting the firepit or throwing a log on to the fire. I need to see if there's some kind of broadcaster that can be tuned like the fireplaces. I have a mod that stops the fires from fireplaces, because even though people have complained about them being nerfed, they're deadly in my game without the mod when they're not upgraded.

I have always loved gardening in the Sims. I'm terrible with plants in real life despite all my best efforts, so I live vicariously that way through my Sims. I love the herbalism skill too, despite how little there is to do with it. I hope if we get witches we'll have some kind of alchemy or potion system to go with them. Alchemy is my favorite skill besides magic when I play Skyrim and I loved playing the wizard and the doctor in Sims Medieval.
Scholar
#1725 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 11:59 PM
I cannot stand Outdoor Adventures tbh and I hate sending my sims camping because they ALWAYS get singed, there is ALWAYS a fire. Playing instruments by the fire or drinking mixology drinks will ALWAYS start fires. Camping/vacation is supposed to be relaxing, not stressful! No wonder I hate camping irl.
Page 69 of 104