Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2017 at 9:14 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Graphics Card not recognized PLUS deviceconfig is empty. So idk how to fix it
HELP! My graphics card isnt working and my world map is all black. Plus when i looked up tutorials. my deviceconfig is empty. only thing in there is this;

=== Options ===
=== Default Options ===

this is my specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name COREY
System Manufacturer Gateway
System Model SX2110G
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU
Processor AMD E1-1500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 1480 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P11-B2, 3/14/2013
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Gateway
BaseBoard Model Not Available
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State On
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.14393.206"
User Name Corey\Coreyy
Time Zone Central Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 5.71 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.74 GB
Total Virtual Memory 7.91 GB
Available Virtual Memory 4.25 GB
Page File Space 2.20 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Is there ANY POSSIBLE way to fix my graphics card and OH the hardware not found?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd May 2017 at 9:21 PM
it loads of course. WHen I get into a world. everything is maped out black blocks and such
Instructor
#5 Old 24th May 2017 at 10:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MTVMoviemaker2
HELP! My graphics card isnt working and my world map is all black. Plus when i looked up tutorials. my deviceconfig is empty. only thing in there is this;

=== Options ===
=== Default Options ===

Is there ANY POSSIBLE way to fix my graphics card and OH the hardware not found?

Hi there.., ok first of all AMD E1-1500 is a notebook APU with AMD HD Radeon 7310 Graphics, you need to get the proper drivers from AMD or your Notebook website, get the Win 10 compatible drivers, if the Win 10 compatible drivers are not available for your Notebook model, you may try or use the Win 7 compatible drivers to make Win 10 recognizes your graphics (this would require a custom driver installation, explained in the next tutorial I'm about to give you), get the x64 (W10/W7) platform as you're using Win 10 x64 Home.

Your empty DeviceConfig means TS3 found no graphic device(s) in your Windows 10 Registry, which also means your Win 10 doesn't recognizes your AMD HD Radeon 7310 graphics and possibly other hardware as well, I assumed that your computer may be running Win 10 with no proper drivers at all, so I recommend for you to get all the drivers (not only the graphics) needed to support your Notebook in running Win 10.

Once you got all your drivers ready, go here for step by step tutorial, and before you start trouble shooting, it's also important for you to have the Win 10 installer image/dvd/usb disk as you also need the Net3FX to be installed, TS3 don't need that.. but your graphics drivers does, all explained in the step by step tutorial.

Now.. since your HD 7310 is not listed in GraphicCards.sgr and TS3 won't recognize it automatically, before you edit your GraphicCards.sgr to make TS3 recognized it, make sure your Win 10 recognized your HD 7310 in your Device Manager List, if you got this.. your DeviceConfig won't be empty anymore, all you have to do next is just edit your GraphicCards.sgr to make TS3 recognize it.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th May 2017 at 1:18 PM
sorry to burst your bubble, there, dude.

I don't think this machine is able to run Sims 3 well. not with this combo of CPU and integrated graphics http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+E1-1500+APU
This APU is meant for netbooks and chromebooks type of usage