Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 3:49 PM
Default TS3 2014 Calendar Chat Thread
This is the official chat thread for our Calendar Contest!

Here you can post chatty stuff about the contest like:
  • Awesome! I want to join!
  • ”The entries are great! My favorite is Simmer1234’s entry for March!”
  • Various other chattery type things - but please do not spam! Remember, we have a Private Message system so this thread is not for conversations you could easily have via PM or IM.

You can also post:
  • Pictures for a third, fourth, etc entry - you're only allowed two months/official entries per person, but if you have more shots, post them here!
  • If your month fills up before you get a chance to enter it, post your pictures for everyone to see!
  • If you don’t want to compete for various reasons but still want to share your pictures.
  • If you have pictures that don't meet the requirements, but still want to share.

Please remember to BE NICE! - You can post comments on the entries but don't be mean about it. Positive stuff or nicely-put constructive comments only! Remember, the main point of this contest is FUN!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 5:43 AM
It's time be creative! This competition looks pretty fun to me

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Field Researcher
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 11:02 AM Last edited by Black Zekrom : 2nd Nov 2013 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Typo :P
Well, I was going to submit this picture but when I resize it, it became ugly :P

Also, its too damn HARD to take a screenshot when inside a penthouse...
(Time to make another Screenshot )

Me back after a long hiatus :)
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 4:17 PM
I really want to enter this contest, but can't get my images the required size without them being distorted.

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 5:16 PM
That's part of the challenge - composing your pics so that you can crop them down to 1000x750 without anything being cut off.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 8:23 PM
Okay, I managed after a bit of hair-pulling!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Test Subject
#7 Old 6th Nov 2013 at 7:19 PM
what is the best tool to use to crop?
i use photoshop element9 but i don't like, it s not very precise so it s difficult to get exactly 1000*750
Test Subject
#8 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 9:25 AM
My picture became awful when I resized it to 1000 x 750
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 9:28 AM
Can I ask something about the entry? >> Can we upload smaller than the required size?

-sorry for my bad english-
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 1:09 PM
i like your pic moradaulay but to have better quality it s better to crop (cut) as to change the size with some deformation and loss of quality
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#11 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 1:52 PM
violance, in Photoshop, if you hit Ctrl-Alt-C or, uh, find the Canvas Size option in one of the menus (I forget where it is because I always use the shortcut), then you can specify the exact size you want the image to be in pixels. Make sure that your image isn't a background layer with a padlock icon in the layers palette first; if it's not locked, then you'll be able to move it around to fit the smaller canvas.

Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 2:04 PM
You can also do the same in Gimp, which is free. However, Photoshop now has a free version for download, too.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 2:24 PM
Yeah, I really like Gimp but I've never really used Photoshop. I have heard about the free version but haven't tried it out yet.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Test Subject
#14 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 2:29 PM
thank you maybe i will try it for a second entry. Thank you for registering me, heaven.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 4:11 PM
You're very welcome.

Test Subject
#16 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 7:01 AM
I found a nice tool : artrage

It s cheap and even you can get it for free (older version)
you can fix first precisely how you want (2d option in menu, no tick for preserve...) and the trick is that you can move and adjust in the little preview window. Very easy and sure i found after understanding how to do.

if it can help someone else.
Test Subject
#17 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 8:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by violaine
i like your pic moradaulay but to have better quality it s better to crop (cut) as to change the size with some deformation and loss of quality

Thank you, I will try it out!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 2:55 PM
Since it would be rather tacky to enter a contest I'm hosting, I figure I'll post a pretty shot in here. It's of a lot I recently made and had a huge bit of fun with. Obviously, October. :P

Field Researcher
#19 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 6:16 PM
This looks like a fun contest, i will have to join. I love taking pics!
Test Subject
#20 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 12:48 AM
I am from the Southern hemisphere so its going to be fun trying to imagine a holiday in a different season!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#21 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 1:27 AM
I dunno, I'd quite like to see a South African Christmas entry .

Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 1:01 PM
That's a stunning picture heaven - even my hubbie commented on it!

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyAngel
That's a stunning picture heaven - even my hubbie commented on it!

Aw, thank you! It really was a fun lot to build. I'm hoping to get my sims quickly through summer so they can use it. :D

Test Subject
#24 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 4:55 AM
In which world/EP did you take your november pic, Miuki?

I like very much.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 8:59 AM
Black Zekrom Well, the one that you posted is very good.
heaven, Wow, it's a shame you won't post it. I love autumn colours and subtle fog.
easypeaze and Monsoon, if you read this let me tell you that your entries are fantastic!
violaineThank you, it's my world Aspen Islands with BurntWaffles Dream Dimension lighting mod.

Noone expects the spanish inquisition!
My simblr and my downloads blog .

Page 1 of 2