Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#3551 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 2:42 AM
The neat version (and the version I posted) is the German site, translated. The English version looks strange to me as well.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3552 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 2:55 PM
Just thought off a challenge for the original Asylum challeng, but ultimate for first round. Will be posting in the challenge selection once I play test it and If it works fine

"I call it Ultimate Asylum Challenge, because this is compatible with all challenges.

Ok, so you start the game with seven sims and one infant, with the baby "running" this facility since birth. Do you get this baby just start with a random family, adopt or give birth to it, and then add the patient(s) before killing or moving out the baby's parents. Since you'll be controlling the baby in his/her infanthood, you can't select the baby, you'll have to play around with one of the seven patiens selected through out the time and just watch sims as if its a movie until the infant ages into toddler.

Now I'm not sure If this is possible, but I believe the baby can survive without grown ups being controlled, because I believe they can feed and hopefully take care the child automously.

Next when the kid turns into a teen and right before his final day to turning into a adult, you send that sim to college. As you move him into a dorm (though I prefer renting a house instead), create/add seven more uni student sims to the household, which will be a new temporal patients during the university-period for . The Goal of a playable is to finish college. Once you accomplish that, send your contrable sim back to the previous household asylum.

After that is done, If you can afford a new empty lot to purchase AND move into an apartment with all sims of the household: do that. If not, establish a home business. Whilst leaving in an apartment, invite random of 4 npc roomates to join and adopt random animals of four. If your not in apartment, adopt 8 random pets.

The Goal now is for the main character to earn all the talend badges (cashier, sales, restocking, robotics, toy making, flower arranging, cosmetology, fishing, gardening, sewing and pottery). In the owned business lot or at the home business lot you established, you must sell junk/crap you make of the items you produce/craft through objects that help you earn these badges. You cannot make a living by applying to a job or putting unrelated objects to the badges for sale.

All the rules of the original challenge apply here as well, except for the restriction of not allowing to leave the lot. However, you still must send all sims (includes patients and pets) to the community lots and bookmarked vacations you send to travel.

The Final Goal (if it hasn't yet completed) is to fulfill the main sims LTW.
Mad Poster
#3553 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 4:50 PM
Temporal patients? Um... these patients might all end up with a fourth fear slot if they can't be controlled.
Mad Poster
#3554 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 5:38 AM
Yeah, and what's wrong with that?

Tested the challenge, and it's possible to have 7 unplayable sims with a baby by their hands. The Kid is almost about to age in the next day.

The Only Problem I can find an issue is when the fire erupts. You'll have to install celling sprinkers to put out the flames and keep it there until the sim ages into teen. Fridges will have to be repurchase once their out of stock.
Mad Poster
#3555 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 9:40 AM
LOL you are terrible, @SneakyWingPhoenix! I like it.

Usually I don't like making my sims cry, but I do love it when male sims cry after getting probeded. It's just so funny.
Mad Poster
#3556 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 10:56 AM
I had fun playtesting though. Though I found it funny when one sim starved to death (should have provided rooms with bigger space build in, since its common sense not to have tight spots for 7 sims) and now the urn lies on the floor in the nursery. I probably won't move it out of there, lol.
Forum Resident
#3557 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 7:19 AM
I get myself into the strangest situations with my sims. I really just set myself up sometimes.

I'm trying to incorporate the Warwickshire Challenge Total Health Meter into my Medieval Charter Challenge. I wasn't interested in limiting the number of children my sims had so, I figured this would work.

Can you believe I just rolled for my Squire's first child and the poor kid is in terrible heath?! One bad roll and the baby is literally going to be the last one in and the first one out. UGH. Maybe I'll just re-roll. I blame Sims Universe. I don't care if I did do the roll.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Top Secret Researcher
#3558 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 2:11 PM
I spent my entire afternoon yesterday up until bedtime building a new home for my alien cult household. Whenever I build something, I just can't stop! Its about the only creative outlet that I have right now anyway. The lot is only a little bit smaller than the current lot being used but its now only two stories (No more basement area yay!) and there's no wasted space anymore! On their current lot I had a garage that isn't used and the living areas in general in this home are just way too over sized.

This new house has four bedrooms with room for more if I need to. Two master bedrooms, two regular bedrooms for the children, a den/office, living area, kitchen and a dinning area large enough to seat at least eleven sims

I'm hoping since there wont be as many sims on the lot it won't be as laggy, so cross your fingers! I just had to come to terms that playing that many sims at once wasn't as enjoyable and it felt like I couldn't give my simmies my undivided attention since there was waaaay too much micromanaging going on. And as much as I hate having to split up the children, they'll be over a lot for their church gatherings and other get togethers.
Mad Poster
#3559 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 5:11 PM
How many sims were you playing?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#3560 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 6:27 PM
Gcgb: when I'm building for a huge family, and don't care about STYLE, I build:
Only communal bathrooms - stalls, and showers separated by "the great divide" edging - sims think they have privacy but can step over it.
Communal kitchen & dining - lots of counters, maybe 2 fridges, big table.
Communal "bedrooms" - just beds (and bunk beds) in one big room.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Scholar
#3561 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 7:05 PM
I couldn’t play like that, I need to play in a nicely looking house, with one room for each sim (or for two if they’re a couple), and with a wild looking and/or dense garden with lots of plants I don’t play with absolutely huge families though, I think my largest house is the Curious’ house that can fit 7 sims (or 6 if no couples). It looks a bit different now as that picture was taken a while ago.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Inventor
#3562 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 8:48 PM
I wish I had had the Steam overlay going when I played my tester/nonsense 'hood last night. Sent a sim off to check out a downloaded lot and paused to chuckle over one of the bartenders. She just looked. So. Done. Kinda slouching and looking up at the ceiling with an expression that clearly said "Dear God, is my shift over yet!?" Would've made a funny screenshot! Also had fun turning the other bartender into a zombie, since she spawned with my unlocked zombie skin. (I know about print screen and Paint, but my computer complains if I do anything too memory intensive while playing Sims or switch back and forth between it and other programs too often. It usually works better if I use the Steam overlay to screenshot, then deal with the pics after.)

Curse you Find a Mate Crystal Ball. Why won't you play properly with ACR? It seems it wasn't programmed/updated to check ACR tokens for gender preference, as no matter the setting I get Sims of the wrong orientation =( . But I do prefer how it handles introducing the sims over the Matchmaker's dumping randoms straight into a date. It's just super annoying when you know half or more of the presented choices won't be interested at all.
Top Secret Researcher
#3563 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
How many sims were you playing?

At first I had 15! With only 6 adults and the rest of them a mix of different ages. A couple were in the baby stage though so I guess they don't really count lol. But I moved three of them out into their own place thinking it would ease up the load but no, 12 Sims is still pretty hard to manage lol. Now I've split the 12 apart and there's only six sims in each household (with a baby on the way in one household.) The funny thing is that even though their new house is smaller its a little nicer than their old place so they're in more debt now.

Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Gcgb: when I'm building for a huge family, and don't care about STYLE, I build:
Only communal bathrooms - stalls, and showers separated by "the great divide" edging - sims think they have privacy but can step over it.
Communal kitchen & dining - lots of counters, maybe 2 fridges, big table.
Communal "bedrooms" - just beds (and bunk beds) in one big room.

I thought about that but I still wanted it to feel like home for them. Plus by the time I thought about renovating it to suit their needs I figured I should split them up and just have their own individual place. I did however just buy the buffet instead of making my sims cook twice for big get togethers.
Mad Poster
#3564 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 9:08 PM
When I'm renovating houses, I like to seperate the bathrooms with a wall and arch between the toilet/sink and the bathtub/shower, so that other Sims can still use the toilet while someone's taking a bath. Sometimes I also use half-walls and floor dividers, or get a bit carried away and put the bathtub up on one of those half-step foundations. That last one looks pretty nice sometimes.

(Think the bathroom stuff's from Parsimonious, forgot the name of the set.)

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#3565 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 9:11 PM
Nice! I keep forgetting to do things like that on the occasions I actually build a house.
Mad Poster
#3566 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 9:22 PM
At some point I will find the middle ground between cavernous open spaces like atria and great halls and the overly-crowded messes of small closets and abandoned rooms...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Lab Assistant
#3567 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 12:22 AM
There are some terribly funny, somewhat simmish product names and descriptions in a camping catalog I received :

Disc - O - Bed Cam - O - Cot Bunk Bed
Insta - Bed with Never - Flat technology
Ciao! Baby Portable High Chair
Insta - Start Coffee Maker
Jet - Boil Camp Stove
Generac iq2000 Generator
Yutrax High Gear S2 Trailer
Old Town Saranac 160 Canoe

I could go on and on... One of the descriptions actually says, "A good night's sleep is the perfect way to recharge after a full day of fun." Sounds like sarcasm to me ; probably because I sim too much, though...

"Nothing is what rocks dream about." - Aristotle
Mad Poster
#3568 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 12:25 AM
Not too long ago I got an IKEA Catalog (one is opening up not far from here) and immediately went through to see if I recognized anything from TS2 in it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#3569 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Not too long ago I got an IKEA Catalog (one is opening up not far from here) and immediately went through to see if I recognized anything from TS2 in it.

I moved nearly 2 years ago to a place that has a couple of IKEAs and have the Lampan table lamp and Malm set of drawers (as well as a couple of other items not in Sims 2). I sometimes feel like I'm a Sim when I see them.
Scholar
#3570 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 1:18 AM
I have this, but I use it in the kitchenette to keep my blender and other things there instead of as a bedside table. I have a Lack table too

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#3571 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 11:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
Curse you Find a Mate Crystal Ball. Why won't you play properly with ACR? It seems it wasn't programmed/updated to check ACR tokens for gender preference, as no matter the setting I get Sims of the wrong orientation =( . But I do prefer how it handles introducing the sims over the Matchmaker's dumping randoms straight into a date. It's just super annoying when you know half or more of the presented choices won't be interested at all.

Gender preferences have nothing to do with ACR, in a vanilla game every sim starts out as 0/0 preference, it's flirting or being flirted with which will increase their gender preference by 1 point. It's possible to change a sim's gender preference by flirting with them in theory. The readme of the Crystal Ball states that it takes the current sim's gender preference into account but not any of the suggested sims. It's exactly the same as the Gypsy in that respect.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#3572 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 1:20 PM
So I got a lot of recolors but only half of dishwasher is recolored.

Previously I had recolors for full diswasher. If I put invisible recolor on dishwasher, counter disappears totally.
So sad.
Top Secret Researcher
#3573 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister

Every time I go I see stuff from the stuff pack
Inventor
#3574 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 5:19 PM Last edited by Devon Aster : 24th Jun 2017 at 5:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Gender preferences have nothing to do with ACR, in a vanilla game every sim starts out as 0/0 preference, it's flirting or being flirted with which will increase their gender preference by 1 point. It's possible to change a sim's gender preference by flirting with them in theory. The readme of the Crystal Ball states that it takes the current sim's gender preference into account but not any of the suggested sims. It's exactly the same as the Gypsy in that respect.

Gender preferences very much have something to do with ACR in my game . Almost all of my sims are assigned a gender preference by ACR. It happens either when I run the randomizer or when the auto-gender preference kicks in (usually when a playable ages up to teen, but sometimes when a newly generated NPC/Townie shows up). The only ones who are spared the process are the ones who come loaded with a preference already. It's been ages since I've allowed a sim to have their preference set due to a random flirt. I thought maybe the issue was that the ACR set preference might be stored in the token, rather than being changed in the character file (at least until the sim actually participated in some romantic action). The Crystal Ball has a setting to Use or Ignore gender preference, which I thought applied to the sims it pulled up as offerings. I'll have to try it again on a test sim, though when I had a female sim recently use the Ball I don't recall her getting anything other than "Find me a male" regardless of whether I had the option set to Use or Ignore.

Edit: I just checked the Read Me. It says Use/Ignore existing gender preference (default Use – sims will existing negative gender preference toward the sim looking for a mate will be ignored.) So it seems selecting Use Gender Preference should weed out those with incompatible preferences from the results.
Field Researcher
#3575 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 2:26 AM
Sim kids are just way too cute playing with the dollhouse.
Screenshots
Page 143 of 516