Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 2:06 AM
Default Building a barn roof style
Hi guys,

I wish to recreate the exact roof style on this house in the pictures attached. The house is fairly straightforward, and I can do a faithful replication if I just knew how to make a roof in this style. I have seen the tutorial and the section on how to make a barn style roof, but the thread is old and many of the pictures in the tutorial have since been removed. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 2:29 AM
Moving this to building.

What parts of the tutorial are you having an issue with, how far have you got with it? Some pictures of where you are at would be helpful. Also can you link to the tutorial?

Without looking at the tutorial I would say the roof is done in two parts. A roof on one story bent down by CFE and another story above.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 3:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Moving this to building.

What parts of the tutorial are you having an issue with, how far have you got with it? Some pictures of where you are at would be helpful. Also can you link to the tutorial?

Without looking at the tutorial I would say the roof is done in two parts. A roof on one story bent down by CFE and another story above.

It's the first half of the tutorial. When you get later down on in the thread there are pictures that demonstrate the style of roofing I'm after, however, the pictures it tells you to refer to the earlier in the thread have since been removed/do not work. The process seems fairly confusing.

EDIT: FORGOT LINK http://modthesims.info/t/156028
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 10:38 PM
You make that roof by following the "More addendum: Barn Roofs with Bigger Attics" part of the tutorial. I don't see where there are any pictures missing - I can see all of them in the thread.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
You make that roof by following the "More addendum: Barn Roofs with Bigger Attics" part of the tutorial. I don't see where there are any pictures missing - I can see all of them in the thread.

The pictures are missing for me because they're from photobucket I think? requiring me to have a subscription to the service
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#6 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 5:35 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I've managed to salvage the botofuckit images and attach. You should be able to see them all now.

Thank you so much!!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#8 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zeddman123
The pictures are missing for me because they're from photobucket I think? requiring me to have a subscription to the service

Ohhhhh! Well, if they are/were that would explain why I could still see them. I don't have a subscription to photobucket (no way am I paying them what they're asking for to see ANY pictures anywhere) but I do have a couple of Firefox extensions that I keep forgetting that I have that let me see photobucket pics.