Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 12:03 AM
Default Questions regarding adjusted lots
Hi!
Recently I've been building some "modular" buildings that connect. For that, I used LotAdjuster to shrink them. But I have some questions regarding lots that were adjusted and sharing them.

1. Can shrunk lots be shared here on MTS? If so, are there are special precautions or anything to inform whoever is download?
2. In the picture attached, would it be possible to expand the left lot over the road (and make a corner lot), given that the road is curving?
3. Can corner lots be shared?
4. Can two corner lots overlap (i.e. share the same road that was expanded on)?

Bonus (not related to adjusted lots but it came to me while building one): can the concrete sidewalks be painted over with a different floor tile, as to create some kind of continuous pavement from the road until the building?

Thanks in advance!
Screenshots
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
1. Can shrunk lots be shared here on MTS? If so, are there are special precautions or anything to inform whoever is download?

I think so - you'd need to explain what you've done on the upload page.
2. In the picture attached, would it be possible to expand the left lot over the road (and make a corner lot), given that the road is curving?

Yes, but the road on lot will not curve
3. Can corner lots be shared?

We have the odd one or two of those on here too - again, you'll need to explain
4. Can two corner lots overlap (i.e. share the same road that was expanded on)?

They can as long as you don't try to move them - that is you do the overlap with the lots in place (these are a variety of 'stacked lot'). What they won't do is grip onto the road when you try to place them. You also need to be careful the lots are at the same height or you get graphical issues (not problems but it doesn't look great). Finally, remember that the corner space in one lot is NOT the same corner space in the other - they're still separate lots.
Bonus (not related to adjusted lots but it came to me while building one): can the concrete sidewalks be painted over with a different floor tile, as to create some kind of continuous pavement from the road until the building?

Yep - remove 'em entirely if you want (including the road - though the cars will look weird driving over grass). They will get reset if you move the lot via the lot bin.

Having said that, you might want to wait till a lot moderator comes along and confirms that (like Jo or Karen). I don't do lots too often (I make them though - there are adjusted lots of mine on here though they are in Polgannon). I went mad with the Lot Adjuster for that. Of more importance, when uploading lots, is flat edges and the lots shouldn't have been lived in or played (use a copy to test).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 12:40 AM
Thanks for your quick reply! When you say the road will not curve, you mean, when viewed from the lot, the road will appear straight? And the other road will just come at a right angle?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 12:53 AM
Thanks for your quick reply! When you say the road will not curve, you mean, when viewed from the lot, the road will appear straight? And the other road will just come at a right angle?

Not sure since I've never tried it with two adjacent lots but the road belonging to the lot you are on will be straight.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 1:12 AM
Moved to Sims 2 building.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~