Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 1:35 AM
Default Basement completely underground?
Is this possible? With grid adjuster I can get it at 1 or 2 clicks but I need it underground or at least completely at ground level and covered with grass floor tile so it doesn't show at all. When I make it at 0 (pictured) it won't let me click the ground out to form the actual basement. If I make a basement already dug out then try grid adjuster it throws an exception and closes.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 1:35 PM
Not sure if I completely understand what you are trying to do here, but if you are wanting that to be the floor of your basement, I think it should be -16 for the top of the walls to just reach ground level. A "larger" negative value to be lower.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 3:45 AM
It's an underground tomb. That was just a test shape to see if I could figure it out. The whole grid adjuster on basements I am really not understanding but I think this 'basement' (read maze of tunnels) would be too involved for it. I used the flat option and now have the top of my basement showing only 1 click above ground so with some grass floor tiles, a rock fence and some rocks I think I can hide it.

I figured if I draw basement over the whole area then work out my maze with floor tile on top then I should be able to dig it out.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#4 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 11:18 AM
It's been a long time since I've made any tricky lots, but is it possible to cheat with a single story house on top, then delete the house down to ground level?
Or, a simpler square shape; then, use the terrain leveling tool to add additional corridors and nooks?

I'm intrigued now - gotta try this and see if anything works.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 11:47 AM
Not sure I am following on the house idea. There is a building on top now or part of one. I actually think what I have will work since I worked a bit on the tunnels today. The only drawback I have found is the top area is all uniform grass since I can't use terrain paint on the grass floor tile.

~Call me Jo~