Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 9:04 PM Last edited by gabilei123 : 4th Apr 2017 at 5:39 PM.
Default Problem with roof building
In Sims 2 exist different kinds of roofs. Unfortunatliy the first of them fits not really to the other ones. If I want to combine the first with the third there is a border between them. It seems to be not possible to make it vanish.

The red marked borders are visible.

The upper border can made invisible by changing the roof angle.
For the side border I have no idea. Each angle changing I tested made it worse.

Here are no borders visible anymore, but I used two times the same kind of roof, the third one.
But this makes it difficult to play at the upper floor. It works better by dividing the roof for every floor.

Is there any solution for beauty and playability?

Maybe there is sowhere a mod to make the roofs fitting together?

It was almost better than I had a less powerful graphics card, because I have not seen these lines
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 2:46 PM
You don't play with the roof up do you? So as long as it looks alright in neighbourhood view playability trumps beauty. Try some other roof textures, some of the thatch style textures mask those lines completely.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
You don't play with the roof up do you? So as long as it looks alright in neighbourhood view playability trumps beauty. Try some other roof textures, some of the thatch style textures mask those lines completely.

I prefer to play with the roof upwards, yes. But with some roofs it is impossible.
For my own purposes I build the roofs better playable than beautyful, but furthermore I try to made it so beautiful as I can.
But sometimes I'm not able to do what I want.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 12:13 PM
I only came on problems like holes in the roof but never this. Idk. I always went for the look of the house so I have never cared way too much with roofs too much. Of cause I make it look acceptable but I make rest stand out xD

I build small houses *^*
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 10:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
I only came on problems like holes in the roof but never this. Idk. I always went for the look of the house so I have never cared way too much with roofs too much. Of cause I make it look acceptable but I make rest stand out xD

Thank you, maybe I have to live with it.
Instructor
#6 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 5:30 AM
I guess with TS2 no longer being given support by EA any more a bunch of bugs are creeping up, i'm having a bug where the grid above after placing in walls goes into the bottom floor when all i did was place walls so naturally i can't put in a roof nor make a second floor, the only solution i've found is just deleting the lot and creating a new one.