Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 5:01 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 27th Dec 2017 at 9:37 PM.
Default Grid adjuster leaving a gap (solved)
I am trying to make a 2 click foundation with Grid Adjuster. That part works fine, but the issue is the gap on the third level. The other levels are fine. Moving the windows out and back does not change this. Will CFE fix this or is there something more in Grid Adjuster that I need to do?
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 9:48 AM
The room height on that level looks wrong. I think that's what is causing the gap. Maybe you could use CFE to adjust it?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 10:05 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 27th Dec 2017 at 12:28 PM.
It's too tall. I was thinking about using CFE on it but didn't want to do that in case it was the wrong thing to do. I guess I could always place a copy into the bin first so I have a backup.

Edit: That seems to have fixed it. I tried CFE on the first lot (I had to resort to a backup) and had wonky things happen to the ground, but I am putting that down to the fact that I had used CFE on that lot before using grid adjuster and it hadn't played nicely together.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 2:08 PM
When you use Grid Adjuster, you have to adjust all the levels above the foundation (as I recall it), otherwise the wall heights are wrong. I'd better check.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 9:37 PM
It was only the one level which had grown by two clicks. I redid the grid adjuster and CFE on the copy in the bin and that fixed things. I must have done something to the original by doing some CFE before using the grid adjuster because it would not fix. If the building looked good it had a crater in the ground and if I smoothed the crater the building was wonky.

I think normally it would be, change with the Grid Adjuster then use CFE to adjust the walls. I guess if your building is only one level like in the tutorial it wouldn't need that second step.

~Call me Jo~