Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 7:14 PM Last edited by PlyPlay665 : 2nd Nov 2020 at 2:21 AM. Reason: Rename thread
Default Help Finish Zythia: 0 Lots Left
I've reached the point that I need help finishing off this project that I started five years ago. There are still 24 lots that I would like to have completed before I share the final product with the world. These lots fall under three(ish) design categories, but other than that, anyone who can and wants to participate in this has relatively free range. The lots need to be base game compatible and CC free. I understand that with UC, you cannot play with just the base game. If you have UC installed and would like to help me, you are welcome to take a lot, build something on it, take pictures, and share it with me. I will do my best to recreate it. Just remember that roofslopeangle does not work in basegame, nor does setting objects on quarter tiles or 45 degree angles.

I do not need the lots to be furnished. My preference is that they be built as it would be bought in real life (with cabinets, plumbing, lighting, appliances). However, if you want to leave the lot empty I will go in and add them in. I just do not enjoy building enough to finish building these lots. I want to move forward with this phase so I can work on the second phase that I originally set out to accomplish. Even with the help of floor plans, I am also having trouble adding enough variety.

The neighborhood name is Zythia. I am considering the setting to be an old midwestern United States lumber town.

Please select a lot you'd like to help me finish, and let me know so I can cross it off the list. If possible, I ask for you to finish the lot within 2 weeks of selection. If the size of your selected lot(s) are not the right size, please feel free to download the neighborhood template and plopping a lot of a different size in the location. If your new lot(s) takes the place of two or more empty lots, just request all affected lots. I placed the lots 5 years ago to get me started, and as I'm sure you're aware, deleting them will flatten the terrain which is not ideal.

The current (9 January 2020) version of the neighborhood can be found here.

Other information that may be helpful:
  • If you're worried about how long this project has taken:
    Review this thread to see that I am serious about finishing this project, even though I started it 5 years ago. Since making that post, I have readdressed the lots, changed the sizes of lots, and built over ten houses.
  • The homes in the center part of the neighborhood were completed during a time that I was intending to include a version that had the CC staircase wall covers and I have not gone through to delete the walls. I no longer intend on doing this.
  • If you help me, when I upload the neighborhood, you will get credit for the lot(s) that you finished.

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 8:11 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 14th Jul 2018 at 8:47 PM.
Hi there!

I'd be more than happy to help. Let me have a look into the neighborhood and I'll build some lots for you.
I can use the AnyGameStarter and I don't have the UC, so... I'm able to create fully BG compatible lots.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  323 Induny Street.rar (550.0 KB, 18 downloads) - View custom content

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 5:05 AM
@Jawusa, I love that lot!! Thank you so much. I'm not sure if this is how you intended it, but using the normal game Simpack installer as well as the Clean Installer, the lot has some blank floors and walls? I included some photos to show what I mean. Do you mind if I throw some wall and floor covers on the blank space? If this wasn't how you intended it and want to send a new simpack, that's cool too! Please feel free to finish as many lots as you see fit. It is greatly appreciated.

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 5:07 AM
Sorry for the double post. Didn't realize I had to click "upload files" for the photos to attach!
Screenshots

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 5:30 AM
I wonder if @Jawusa has some Castaway walls or something like that without a star, since lack of walls indicates that wall isn't base game.

@PlyPlay665 The new uploader is a bit of a trick. Try not to double post unless your thread needs bumping/you need to ping people. (for some reason using edit to add a ping doesn't work) You can at anytime use the edit button though and still attach pictures to a post you made.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Trainee Moderator
#6 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 10:47 PM
I made those unpainted walls and floors on purpose to give that lot some sort of abandoned vibe. But the BG does not have creepy wallpapers... I realized that they came with the Uni EP, that is why I left them unpainted.... but well, you can paint those if you like.

It is your lot now and you decide what to do with it.
I 'm glad you liked it. I'll do some more houses then.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Alchemist
#7 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 8:00 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 26th Jul 2018 at 8:52 PM.
I'm watching this with interest. I love the collaboration. Can anyone tell me why BG is a thing in a project like this? Are there still a lot of BG players or is there some other reason? I'm just curious what it's all about. Am I right that it's different from no CC?

It'll be fun to see it all this complete. The idea sounds great.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 1:04 AM
Well, I started this in 2013, which I believe was before Ultimate Collection was a thing. I was already, like, 50% done with it when I restarted the project a few months ago, so I figured I would just go ahead and finish it out. I'm planning on going through and editing all the lots with Ultimate Collection (well, with all the EPs and SPs, anyway) afterwards, and adding Sims. If/When I get to building the subhoods, they'll be purely UC.

I'm not sure if there are that many BG players left out there, but by making a BG compatible version, it at least lets those who may not have complete collections to play without missing objects, etc.

P.S. I'm not sure if this is needed to be said, but please make sure to check the list of lots in the original post for checked off lots before building. I've built a few and plan on building a few more on my own as well. (@Jawusa)

Trainee Moderator
#9 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 1:32 AM
The reason why I prefer creating BG (or reduced EP) neighborhoods is because there are Mac users who cannot use the Ultimate Collection.

Yes, they have another collection named Super Collection, but not all EPs/SPs are included in their game, since all the EPs/SPs that came after Bon Voyage (such as FreeTime or Apartment Life) are incompatible on Macs.

So, they could use the base game neighborhoods or any neighborhood (up to Bon Voyage), but nothing above.

Anyway, I was busy setting up a upload thread.. which is why I couldn’t build any other lots. But I‘ll have a look at the neighborhood again. I promise

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
#10 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 7:31 PM
@PlyPlay665

I've got a little something for you!

Edit: Just realized... I built a lot that didn't need to be created.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  324 Rocky Street.rar (517.0 KB, 19 downloads) - View custom content

My Simblr
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 4:46 AM Last edited by PlyPlay665 : 30th Jul 2018 at 6:25 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
@PlyPlay665

I've got a little something for you!

Edit: Just realized... I built a lot that didn't need to be created.

Thank you! I'll still place it into the neighborhood! The lots that aren't green and listed in the list are lots that I plan on building that aren't basegame compatible (Specifically, two apartments and a night club). I plan on completely rebuilding the downtown area, too. But since I'll be deleting anything that gets built in those empty lots, I figured I wouldn't offer for them to be built in this version.

Also, I uploaded an updated version of the neighborhood. Used lotcompressor to shrink the filesize down, too.

Trainee Moderator
#12 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 5:39 PM
I downloaded the newest version and will have a look at it again! :lovestruc

I'm so sorry for abandoning this project. It's just that real life came in between.
I'm still struggling to write my final scientific paper which has to be handed in in December 2018.

My Simblr
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 7:42 PM
@Jawusa, I promise you that is A ok! I've already missed my self-determined deadline for, what, the fifth time now? My new motto is that it'll get done when it gets done. Good luck with your paper - and remember, real life responsibilities over hobbies!

Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 2:26 AM
Hi all, I wanted to share with you an update. I have built several new houses since the last version, although I don't know the exact number. There are now 15 houses that need to be completed (although I have one completely planned out, so 14).

I have enlarged 212 Gute to be 4x4. I have vague ideas of what I'd like to build there, but anyone can feel free to build something if they so feel. I do have concrete plans for 172 Janie Way, however.

My new focus is to make the houses I build more roomy. I was falling into the trap of making tight homes in what was supposed to be the wealthier area of town, which I worry is just a symptom of the fact like 85% of the lots are 3x2. So I have a big worry of people disliking the lack of lot-size diversity. Oh well. The issue I have with big homes in the base game is how awful their roofs look. So I'll probably end up moving the smaller ones that are currently in the wealthy neighborhoods to the already-complete middle class neighborhood at the center. I'll do that by making many of the 3x2 lots into 2x2 or 2x3. For now, they make the neighborhood as a whole look full.

Anyway, you can find the new link in the original post, or right here.

EDIT: Also, I've had this problem where the names of the community lots change to be the description???? I don't know where this originates, or how to solve this?? I'm not sure if the past versions had this problem for other people since I would go into SimPE to edit the name beforehand, but I didn't feel like it this time so I know it's a problem. I should really do some testing on this.

Trainee Moderator
#15 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 7:50 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 14th Dec 2018 at 8:02 PM.
@PlyPlay665
Oh, that's the language issue. It happens if you set the game language to anything other than the default language (US English) and load the neighborhood. (UK English is not considered as the default language.)
It can be fixed using SimPE. Just open the neighborhood and make all text strings default strings only.
After that, you can change the lot's name.

My Simblr
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 10th Dec 2019 at 2:45 AM
Hi all! No, I have not given up. I have eleven lots left to finish. Since photobucket has become essentially useless, I have uploaded new pictures of the current state of Zythia.

You can download the current version of the neighborhood here:
https://simfileshare.net/filedetails/1492635/

Trainee Moderator
#17 Old 3rd Jan 2020 at 11:56 PM
Hi there! Do you still need some help on this? I'd love to help you finish this project.

My Simblr
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 12:05 AM
Yes, any help I can get is very much so desired!!! I WANT THIS PROJECT DONE! lol

EDIT: Went ahead and uploaded the latest version so you could have an easier time figuring out what lots need built!

Trainee Moderator
#19 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 11:09 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 31st Jul 2020 at 4:59 PM.
Hey there!

I've made another lot for you! 
(Though, it turned out a bit too Mediterranean? Idk... I tried to something different, but well?)

But I managed to build a pool with windows! :p
Attached files:
File Type: rar  169 Janie Way.rar (1.07 MB, 7 downloads)

My Simblr
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 12:07 AM
What a lovely home!! Thank you so much. I love the pool. Does it actually work in-game? Never seen anyone build one like that. I've built another house, so I've updated the thread. Only three more and then I can finally upload!!

Trainee Moderator
#21 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 10:31 PM
Yayy! I'm glad to see you back. ^^
And yes, it actually works as a pool indeed. I think I saw a tutorial on tumblr or something... so I was curious to try it out. Lol.

My Simblr
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 2nd Nov 2020 at 2:38 AM
Well, it's finished! All the lots for this stage of development are built and the neighborhood decoration placed. I just have to take photos and make the post. It's so embarrassing that it took 7 years to do, but at least I never gave up. Thanks for your help, @Jawusa!

Trainee Moderator
#23 Old 4th Nov 2020 at 3:42 AM
Yayy!! That's great news! :lovestruc
And don't worry about the time, lol. I also have a neighborhood project ongoing for 5 years now... and it's still far from finished. 

Are you going to populate the neighborhood, too?

My Simblr
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 3:25 AM
I am going to populate a UC version of it. There's a good deal of changes I have planned for the UC version. Apartments, obviously (hence the empty lots) and then the downtown is going to be completely re-done. This project originally started as a recreation of a neighborhood I had in my game that I liked the story of involving all the supernaturals.

Trainee Moderator
#25 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 10:19 PM
Ooohh, I'm really looking forward to that. Can't wait to see what you're going to create! It already sounds very promising! :lovestruc

My Simblr