Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#26 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 8:55 PM
Thank you, all! :jig:

...actually, Vaalyah, it makes much more sense. (your list of reasons).
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 8:56 PM
See, I see that date and think of the London 7/7 bombings...
#28 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sayyadina
Me and my husband re-committed and got legally married this 7/7-07. We planned to do it in October, but a couple canceled their ceremony and we were offered to take their place. We thought a lot about the significance of the number seven as well,and the funny thing is we were seven people at the wedding, us included. I guess its gonna be the day when they declared the new 7 wonders of the world. (I can think of my own wedding as a personal wonder no:8.......)
I dont care so much about the date itself, it just happened that way.

So, yes, I was at a wedding.... :lovestruc

Congratulations!! *^^*
Test Subject
#29 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 9:51 PM
I was at my sister's friends wedding on 7/7/07. xD
Instructor
#30 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 10:50 AM
KKai... are you thinking about changing your "tastes"??? :P
Instructor
#31 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 12:10 PM
Sorry about 2 posts by me one after another, but I would like KKai can see an update.
KKai, that was a joke, I hope you have not been offended... also because from what I've understood, anyone has understand that due to wrong translation :P
Ok? So: <-- sending you a nice emoticon
Forum Resident
#32 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 1:43 PM
Huh??? o.O
No, Vaalyah, I wasn't offended at all.
I know it was a joke. :p

But, oh well ...
I think I begin to develop a taste for Italian dishes.
Hmm ... *runs

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 1:50 PM
Maybe some people just married then because they thought it would be quirky and interesting. A sort of in-joke you can share with the grandchildren many many years into the future. A personal example of this was my father was born on Friday 13th.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Instructor
#34 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 1:59 PM
you are funny! My post originates form yours:

Quote: Originally posted by KKai
I think maybe I should get married on ...
02/22/2222
(If I can live that long and am still attractive to female(s))

saying that you probably would no more be attractive to females could mean you can start with males... that was the point :P
#35 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 10:04 AM
my friends sister got married on the 7-7-07
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 6:29 AM
I think 11/12/13 would be kind of cool That is, if I ever got married.
Instructor
#37 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 6:53 AM
My boyfriend and me... and my... ugh, grammar ><

What I'm trying to say is, our anniversary is Sept. 9, and since he'll be 19 and I'll be 18.. we -could- get married on 9-9-09. But I won't tell him that because.. no. xD

I think we'll aim for 9-9-19, instead. Anyway, I know some people prolly did it for superstitious reasons, but I wouldn't. It'd just be cool to have gotten married on a special date like that! It's like being born on a holiday.. nothing superstitious about it, just kinda cool! Well, for most people.. :/

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Test Subject
#38 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 5:39 PM
I wonder if people refused to get married when it was 6/6/06.....
#39 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 5:48 PM
I was down by the shore when it was 7/7/07 and there were about 5 weddings throughout the day XD; The first one was cute because there were only a few guests so it wasn't tacky (and they got married at 7:07 am haha)

But then it started to get annoying after the 3rd couple or so. I still think it was a pretty fun idea. Now I want to get married on some easy to remember date XD;
Forum Resident
#40 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 11:46 PM
Seriously, I would rather to get married on an important holiday or something, like the July 4th, the Independence Day for a number of reasons.

1. It is easy to remember
2. Everybody (TV stations) will remind you
3. People (if not the nation) celebrate for you with firework
4. IT IS A HOLIDAY (have time to do ... err ... your things together)

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
#41 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SilentPsycho
Maybe some people just married then because they thought it would be quirky and interesting. A sort of in-joke you can share with the grandchildren many many years into the future. A personal example of this was my father was born on Friday 13th.

Yep, all sorts of different reasons. My parents married April 1st.... not because it was intended as an in-joke but because that was the only day available. My parents got engaged a few months earlier; my dad's family flew all the way from Israel, and his mother insisted that they get married as soon as possible. (He's the oldest, and for some strange reason she always concerns herself with the oldest ones most. My older brother got spoiled by her, for example, whenever she came over... and she always brought *strange* gifts. She came when I was like 6 and brought me some sort of fancy floral soap/shampoo... who else would bring that to a 6 year old boy? ).

9-9-09, 11-11-11, and 12-12-12 are all plausible wedding dates for me, as would 01-11-10 or if it takes awhile to find someone, then 02-22-20 (that's February 22...).
Former Incubator of Tiberius
retired moderator
#42 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Modestgurl88
I wonder if people refused to get married when it was 6/6/06.....

I would have so got married that day (LOL) however I was in the middle of a divorce *winks*

SIXAMSIMS @ TUMBLR
SIXAMSIMS @ LJ
- S2/S3 Sims For Download
Tiberius Arthur Glover - 06/09/09 / Atticus Oliver Leigh Glover - 08/12/09
#43 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 7:04 PM
I went to a party on the saturday through sunday, and on the sunday there were people there in their wedding stuff, obviously having just been married.

I didnt actually attend any weddings though.
Page 2 of 2