Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 7:06 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default I cannot log into my launcher
I got Dragon Valley for Christmas and redeemed the codes. However, when I try to download the game through the launcher, it (the launcher) would not allow me to log in. I am able to log into The Sims website as well as into Origin though. After assistance from Origin, as well as changing my password twice, I still cannot log into the launcher to download my game. I uninstalled the base game and re-installed same, but still cannot log into the launcher - effectively into the game. I am able to install through the launcher though, as I don't have to log in to install. My game, as well as all expansion packs and stuff packs are legitimate. I have the following:
Diesel; Seasons; 70's, 80's, 90's; Movie; Town Life; Pets; Master Suite; Showtime; Katy Perry; Generations; High-End Loft; Monte Vista; Roaring Heights; Hidden Springs; World Adventures; Ambitions; Fast Lane; University; Late Night; Outdoor Living; Supernatural; Into the Future; Island Paradise; and Dragon Valley.

I have never before had a problem like this. However, previously I had a problem with a script error on the launcher and had to reinstall Java and Adobe Flash player after which it worked fine without the script error. I had another script error on the launcher again, but after reinstalling Java and Flash player, the script error did not occur again.

Is there a way to download the game without the launcher and then install it?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Karien143
Is there a way to download the game without the launcher and then install it?

Unfortunately, no- EA has made the launcher mandatory. I've been randomly getting that error a lot of late too so the problem is most likely on their end. Did you try logging in even though it popped up the "can't connect to Origin" window? Sometimes that works. Otherwise, I'm not sure what can be done, other than seeing if waiting a little and trying again happens to get through.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
Unfortunately, no- EA has made the launcher mandatory. I've been randomly getting that error a lot of late too so the problem is most likely on their end. Did you try logging in even though it popped up the "can't connect to Origin" window? Sometimes that works. Otherwise, I'm not sure what can be done, other than seeing if waiting a little and trying again happens to get through.

Hi Tacitala,
The problem is not "can't connect to Origin window". The problem is that I cannot log into the Sims Launcher. I would enter my username and password correctly, but the log-in screen just just pops up right back with my details entered into the spaces provided, but not actually logging in. It does not even give any error message.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 4:51 PM
Sorry, I missed when the error was popping up. The only other thing I can think of is: are you using satellite internet? Origin hates mine.