Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 5:04 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Showtime, University Life, Into the Future
Default TS3 Digital: How to be sure I'm getting everything?
I'm just getting started with The Sims 3, and I've necessarily gone the digital download route. This requires using the Origins launcher. It appears that I can start the base game or any one of my purchased expansions, but it's not clear what I should do to start everything - I'd been using TS2 with the CDs, and if I wasn't starting the right version, it would tell me "No, start Mansion and Garden, not University" or whatever. I will always want to start "everything"; how do I do so?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 9:39 AM
It's all or nothing. You only have one game, the SPs and EPs "expand" that installation to include their content. So if you have the base game with let's say 9 EPs already installed, you will get all 9 of them no matter how you start up. The splash screen you will see upon loadup will always be the latest released SP or EP that you have.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 1:28 PM
The launcher always starts from the same executable, no matter how many EPs/SPs you have. That's why if you bypass the launcher, you always start the program with TS3W in the TS3 base game folder, regardless of your EPs/SPs.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here