Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 6:06 AM Last edited by lilyjosephine : 21st Dec 2017 at 7:02 PM.
Default Underwater terrain showing up?
I'm nearly finished with my world, but I noticed that the parts that are supposed to be underwater look like this:

What is this caused by? How do I fix it, if at all?

EDIT: I just want to add that this is only visible in EIG or while playing in this world. I have tried changing my water level but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 8:59 AM
Do you use custom weather?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 3:18 PM
  • Are you using a custom lighting configuration?
  • What do other worlds look like, in comparison?
  • What does it look like in Create-a-World?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 6:40 PM
I'm not using any custom lighting or weather, and it seems like all of my self-made worlds look like this while other worlds, EA or custom, look fine. I found that when I turn off "fog" in CAW it looks like this, so it seems like it's not just an in-game issue.

dodgy builder
#5 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 7:42 PM
Eig reads your game files. Do you have other mods in your game you can remove?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Eig reads your game files. Do you have other mods in your game you can remove?

I have quite a few Nraas mods, the Japanese culture trait mod, and some CC. I'll try removing everything and see if that helps.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lilyjosephine
I have quite a few Nraas mods, the Japanese culture trait mod, and some CC. I'll try removing everything and see if that helps.

That didn't seem to do anything. Even with all of my .package files removed, it still looks the same.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 8:53 PM
If you turn off fog in CAW your world is supposed to look like this. I'm not quite sure I understood when exactly this happens - you export the world from CAW, install it in your game and it looks like this?
Did you create this world from scratch or did you edit a custom world?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
If you turn off fog in CAW your world is supposed to look like this. I'm not quite sure I understood when exactly this happens - you export the world from CAW, install it in your game and it looks like this?
Did you create this world from scratch or did you edit a custom world?

Yes, I exported it and installed/uninstalled multiple times. I created this world entirely from scratch.
Test Subject
#10 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 2:22 AM
What happens if you put in custom weather files ?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eva-Lulu
What happens if you put in custom weather files ?

I haven't tried that, but I've never used custom weather/lighting files. Does anyone have a suggestion I could use to try this out?
Mad Poster
#12 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 5:49 AM
I also might try changing the default base terrain paint and see what happens and then change back to what you want? Maybe it would reset something by some miracle? Probably not, but I would be tempted to at least see what happens.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 7:05 AM
No matter what I do, it doesn't seem to go away entirely. I tried changing the base paint layer, changing settings, and re-exporting the file. The problem seems to go away when I turn my graphics all the way down and turn off advanced rendering, but then everything else looks horrible.
dodgy builder
#14 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 8:05 AM
Download an environmental mod from brntwffles, I can only find the tumblr atm. Just download one file for land an one for sea, and put them in your mods folder like any regular mod. I would probably try something wacky to be sure it's visible.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Download an environmental mod from brntwffles, I can only find the tumblr atm. Just download one file for land an one for sea, and put them in your mods folder like any regular mod. I would probably try something wacky to be sure it's visible.

No such luck, unfortunately! I'm going to try to change around settings and try different combinations, but it's odd that this is only visible in my own self-made worlds. You would think that if it was a settings/mods problem, it would effect ALL worlds I play rather than just the ones I've made from scratch.

Am I not sculpting my terrain correctly? When I want to "erase" terrain, I always use the valley sculpting tools to move the terrain down below the water line. Or did I not change my water level properly?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 7:02 PM
I seem to have solved the problem by turning my draw distance up all the way as advised by a very helpful EA support agent. What a hassle over a simple fix!
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 7:44 PM
Glad to hear you got it solved
Mad Poster
#18 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 8:45 PM
YAY, that you have a solution! Good news!