Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 9:08 PM
Default Dreams and promises
How do I check if a Sim has a particular dream?
I'm using this
if(Actor.DreamsAndPromisesManager.SimHasDream(Sims3.Gameplay.DreamsAndPromises.DreamNames.drink_from_hunt_target, true))
Will this work?

Also how do I fullfill the dream? I can't figure out how to do that. Does anyone know?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 2:03 PM
Velocitygrass has a tutorial for LTWs that delves into Dreams And Promises quite a bit.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Franzilla
Velocitygrass has a tutorial for LTWs that delves into Dreams And Promises quite a bit.

Thanks I was looking at that just now. I'm also looking at Arsil's party fix wish mod http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=556948 I have sort of figured out a way to do it but I have some doubts. I don't know what fnv hash Arsil is using here, I'm posting a screenshot here.

If anyone knows please let me know.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#4 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 7:46 PM
So I thought to myself I could look into this for 5 minutes to see if I could figure it out.
Now I have somehow time-traveled to the future in those 5 minutes..
The short version: It's the ID from the DreamsAndPromisesNodes XML form the gameplaydata.package (which is a number) converted to hexadecimal and prefaced with 0x.

I will post a long version After I took some screenshots
Field Researcher
#5 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 8:20 PM
So I was looking at the great birthday party dream, because that was the first I found in the XML.

Arsil was usingthe GetPrimitives Method so I looked into that.

Which used TryGetValue on sPrimitives.

sPrimitives turned out to be a dictionary saving a key and a primitive together.
I looked through the other functions and found a place where a value was added to sPrimitives.

So I could see that it used the ID of the primitive as the key.

This is what a primitive is. All those values are in the XML from the beginning.

Now the ID was clearly not the values Arsil used, but when I scolled down a bit I found this method:

So I converted the ID to hexadecimal:

And as you can see that is the same value as the one Arsil used for the Great Birthday Party.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 9:45 PM
OMG thank you so much! I was beginning to come across some of those but I thought that was an fnv32 hash because velocitygrass tutorial was talking about that but now I get it. Thank you so very much.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 9:06 PM
Lol I'm now done the coding but can't test whether it's working or not cause my Sim won't get the dream
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#8 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 9:12 PM
aw what exactly is the dream you're working on? I'm kinda wondering if Nraas can somehow call them up for you.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 8:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
aw what exactly is the dream you're working on? I'm kinda wondering if Nraas can somehow call them up for you.

The Vampire drink from hunt target dream. Can Nraas call dreams? I'm not sure.