Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 10:14 AM
Ricki-Lee Can't touch it
This is the best song in the world isn't it? she is such a cool girl
what's your thoughts? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UnO9w1U3pA she is Australian, go girl!!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 1:01 PM
I wouldn't say it's the best song in the world, . It's alright, something a person could dance to in a club, if they were inclined to do so. The beginning of the song, with the reverberations in the tone, she reminded me a little of Beyonce. They sound like they have a similar range. Music-wise, it reminded me a little of Grils Aloud, with the beat. The music video itself, like quite a number of nightclub scene music videos that are seen nowadays.

She does have a good voice, though the song is a bit "warbly". I have a disdain of songs that have the vocalists warbling too much.

I haven't heard of her before, but so many people like this kind of music that she'lll probably go far. .
Forum Resident
#3 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 1:06 PM
if you turn the volume off, it reminds me of Jennifer Lopez, and now i have "If you want my love and I GAVVVE you all my trust, would you trust in me???" stuck in my head! ACK! *goes to scrub brain*

As far as the song goes, Meh... if you want to go that route, try some Rihanna... she's pretty rockin' and she doesn't remind me of J-sweetandLo

Shut up and Drive

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
Test Subject
#4 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 1:09 PM
Argh .. foolin' ... Now I have that song stuck in my head as well

However, when I read the thread title I thought it was about another reamke of that MC Hammer song
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 1:13 PM
i love Ricki-Lee she was in "Australian idol" & she was in a girl group called the young divas but she quit because they fought too much. yeah i dont know why but most Australian artist's music dont make it out of the country for some reason? which is dissapointing
Scholar
#6 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by siMMersims
yeah i dont know why but most Australian artist's music dont make it out of the country for some reason? which is dissapointing

It takes someone with good marketing, like Kylie or The Wiggles, to do it.
Scholar
#7 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by siMMersims
i love Ricki-Lee she was in "Australian idol" & she was in a girl group called the young divas but she quit because they fought too much. yeah i dont know why but most Australian artist's music dont make it out of the country for some reason? which is dissapointing

Holly Valance was around, at least in the UK, for a while but I'm not sure what happened. Same with what's her name? Deltha Goodrem (sp?). But now she's more known over here for dating ex-Westlife boy Bryan MacFadden.

Dani Minogue, while certainly not as big as her sister, will probably make some name for herself again in the UK in some way, because she's the new judge on The X-Factor over here. Natalie Umbruglia is still around making songs, too. .
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 1:56 PM
yeah holly is out with D.O.A & prison break, she seems to be getting the good roles, but her singing career "hit the fan" so to speak.
#9 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 3:26 AM
I have never liked Ricki. She really doesn't have that much talent. And that new clip/song reminds me of Lindsay Lohen, well actually Ricki does. I wouldn't say that it is the best song, but it is probably the best one she has ever done, cause all the others were pretty bad.

But I do miss Delta....I thought that she was just gorgeous and had an awesome voice.
Holly Valance...She should have stayed in Neighbours, I don't think she really can act all that well. Maybe if she were to be in a few more movies then her acting would improve immensely. As the saying goes "Practice makes Perfect".
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 4:49 AM
Ricki-lee has one of the best voices ive heard (but its a tat croaky), right up there with christina aguilera but no one can top her. Ricki has an awsome attitude
#11 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 5:01 AM
There is no way you can put her up there with Christina....Seriously. There is no similarity with the two at all. Maybe you can put her up against....No...there is no-one that bad....Sorry. She isn't good.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 5:08 AM
it depends on what sort of music you like really.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 5:26 AM
I dont' like Christina... she irks my nerves and i only like a few of her songs. I like voices that are more unique and have their own style, and i love rock... sooooo

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
Test Subject
#14 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 9:50 AM
Eh, I've never really been fond of Ricki-Lee. She's not a bad singer or anything, but I don't find her unique or anything special.

In fact, a lot of the Australian Idol finalists haven't stood out to me. The only one that comes to mind as having a really nice voice is Anthony Callea, when he sung 'The Prayer'.

My cellmate's a killer, they make me do push-ups in drag.
#15 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 1:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by touchdown_girl_182
Eh, I've never really been fond of Ricki-Lee. She's not a bad singer or anything, but I don't find her unique or anything special.

In fact, a lot of the Australian Idol finalists haven't stood out to me. The only one that comes to mind as having a really nice voice is Anthony Callea, when he sung 'The Prayer'.

That song actually brought a tear to my eye when I first heard it....To me, that had soooooo much emotion and feeling when Anthony sang it....Just Brilliant. I wish there were alot more singers (Aussie) like him.

But SiMMersims...I have a 14 year old and a 12 year old who both are into the music scene....And BOTH of them told me even before I heard that song that it sucked big time....I had to listen just so I could understand why....In saying that...My sons Best Friend came over and said that the song was crap but Ricki was hot.......
I have a wide variety of music, from up to date stuff right back to the 1960's and 70's. I have a open mind to music (Care of Kids), but there is no way you can compare Ricki to Christina. And it is an opinion. You think that the song and Ricki are The Best......That also is an opinion. Just accept the fact that I don't agree with what you have said and we will agree to disagree.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 1:44 PM
My favarouite Australian idol finalist of all would have to be Casey donavan, she has such a beautiful voice that sends shivers down my spine
Instructor
#17 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 1:51 PM
No offence but Casey couldn't sing and I think the only reason why she won was on sympathy vote...

Cass, 22, Australia
My Simblr
#18 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cassieandra
No offence but Casey couldn't sing and I think the only reason why she won was on sympathy vote...

I was going to say the exact same thing.....BUT I didn't want to be torn down in flames....Thanks lol
Instructor
#19 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 1:57 PM
That's ok! Atleast someone agrees lol I was afraid of the same thing!

Cass, 22, Australia
My Simblr
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 2:03 PM
dont be silly lol its a free country/world. i think casey was the right winner for the season but she only made 2 good songs then she faded back into the crowd