Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 2:32 PM
Harry Potter Theme Park
Omg. Did you guys hear about this? They're building a Harry Potter theme park!

Quote:

A theme park inspired by the adventures of schoolboy wizard Harry Potter is to open in the US.

The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter will open at the Universal Orlando Resort, in Florida, in 2009.

(original source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6706939.stm )

Here's the official website and here's the announcement video!

:wow
So would you guys go?

I would! That place looks awesome But parents would probably chain me onto a wall and give me a long lecture about it..

Shoo, stop staring at this and go fly a kite.
Advertisement
#2 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 2:37 PM
I Would Go!
#3 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 2:41 PM
I definately would go, but I hope it doesnt ruin the feel of Harry Potter or put a damper on it. I hope they do it well and manage to catch the right atmosphere

Yea, but other than that it sounds great
#4 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 2:44 PM
The workers could wear like...robes and carry wands!

=D
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 3:12 PM
I would deviantly try and go! I love harry potter!
#6 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 3:50 PM
i would definately go if i had the chance!
#7 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 4:15 PM
Sign me up, i'll be there.
Test Subject
#8 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 4:27 PM
I'm so going!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 4:30 PM
This was announced a while ago now. I would definitely go... In fact, I would live there if I could.

Me addicted to the Sims? Never! You only have an addiction if you attend meetings.
Instructor
#10 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 5:41 PM
I would so go if I could get myself a ride there.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 6:21 PM
Would I go? Probably not...unless my friends insisted . I'm not a huge fan, though I really enjoy the books.

This is definitely not a place the rest of my family would want to visit, not the least because no one else is interested in HP and my mom hates amusement park rides.

"Make believe in magic, make believe in dreams
Make believe impossible, nothing as it seems
See, touch, taste, smell, hear, but never know if it's real"
--The Cure, "More Than This"
Field Researcher
#12 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 6:38 PM
It would be the only reason for me to go anywhere but DisneyWorld whilst in Florida! When I heard about this in an interview with JK, I was like, "What!? When was this decided? I need info NOW!" I proceded to attack google of course.

The only thing I'm a bit sad about is, they're not gonna do Diagon Alley, just Hogsmeade, Hogwarts, and the Forest. Diagon would be such a fun place to visit, not to mention Knockturn.

But yes, I would go. :D

-Holy Hell!-
The cement is just - it's there for the weight dear!

Nice 'n' easy does it everytime...
#13 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 6:43 PM
I would be there in literally seconds.
I've been craving information about it since the second I heard.
:D
#14 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 6:48 PM
I learned about this in an interview with JK Rowling, and I thought it was the greatest idea ever!!

I just hope they'll do it well. i wouldn't like to be disappointed, and yes, i would definitely go!
#15 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 8:02 PM
That'll be AWESOME!
I live in Florida so I'll be able to go!
#16 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 10:12 PM
We've already decided we're not going back to Universal until the park is finished.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 12:53 AM
that sounds fun

ılı.------Volume------.ılı.
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █
Min- - - - - - - - - - -●Max
► Play ▌▌ Pause ■ Stop
Field Researcher
#18 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 12:59 AM
I live about 15 minutes away. But I have no plans on going. Although it might be interesting to see what they do with it for Halloween Horror Nights after it opens.
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#19 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 1:08 AM
This theme park looks incredible... I can't wait.

There's always money in the banana stand.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 9:57 AM
I'd go if I had a chance it looks like alot of fun I wonder if you get to walk around the place on your own that would be awsome I wonder if Voldy will be there. :P
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 10:50 AM
Ugh. It's so unfair. Harry potter is written by an English author, so why can't it be in England? Typical. :handbag:
Field Researcher
#22 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 11:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Daltonism
Ugh. It's so unfair. Harry potter is written by an English author, so why can't it be in England? Typical. :handbag:

Because, when I went to England over the summer I asked people where, if they have been, they have gone in America? Almost all the people said Florida and New York. So, since New York isn't really famous for a lot of its theme parks, Florida would be an ideal place to put it because both Americans and Brits can go there (along with the other countries). But at least they didn't put it in Disney World.

Here's some of the info from Mugglenet a long time ago:

Universal Studios to open Harry Potter theme park!

Latest Developments (10 AM EST):
- Official park website now open; visitors can sign up for e-mail updates.
- JK Rowling: "The plans I’ve seen look incredibly exciting, and I don’t think fans of the books or films will be disappointed."

Universal Studios and Warner Brothers made a joint announcement this evening from Leavesden Studios on the set of Dumbledore's Office to reveal that a Harry Potter theme park is currently in development.

Here's what we learned from Potter set designer Stuart Craig and a representative from Universal Studios (both of them hosted the big reveal):

- "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort"
- Announcement was made live via internet at 12:01 AM EST today to select media, including MuggleNet.
- Areas of park to include Hogsmeade, Hogwarts Castle, and the Forbidden Forest.
- 20 engineers working on project.
- Universal came to WB looking for authenticity.
- Potter park to be built in "Islands of Adventure" area of Universal.
- Stuart wants to "take his grandchildren" to the park.
- Opening early 2010.
- Universal's Potter website to be available.
- JK Rowling has been involved "since the very beginning" of the project. Also "supportive and encouraging."
- Stuart thinks that the park will be better off in the United States.
- Have been in design "for at least a year and a half."
- "Important that the theme park represents the entire saga from Book 1 to Book 7"

In a rather cute way to end the announcement, the Universal representative asks Stuart Craig, "Now where's Dumbledore?" Stuart paused for a moment, looked around the office, and replied, "He was just here."

Posted on May 30th.

(The images were too big to fit them all)
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 11:08 AM
I still think it should be where it's set. x(
Field Researcher
#24 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Daltonism
I still think it should be where it's set. x(

It should be, I agree too, but not that many Americans go to Britian, and all WB really cares about is profit. But a lot of Brits go to America so that the theme park will bring in loads of money. :tophat:

If only the world didn't have economy ...
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 11:14 AM
I wont be able to go. DX
Page 1 of 2