Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 1:44 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Launcher won't install or uninstall content
For the past few weeks my launcher takes about 30 seconds to a minute to open after clicking on it. Then when I go to install, the box with the progress bar pops up and does its thing like normal, except when I click "ok" when it's done the box turns black and the blue spinning circle appears. It will sit like that for as long as I let it using a ton of resources but not completing its task. The only way to close it is to open Window's Task Manager and select "end task" for both the launcher and the installer box. Then when I relaunch the launcher, it hasn't installed. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but I'm trying to install some things I just got at the Store and a few new worlds.

I did some googling and deleted "missingdeps.idx". This did nothing. Then, I arrived at the wiki page for this problem and it suggested I delete some file in my saved sim folder that I don't have because I've never downloaded a sim off the exchange. I took out my mods folder and the contents of dccache. This allowed me to install the items, but I lost them once I put the stuff from dccache back in. I'm stymied. Ok, I just checked my Installed Worlds folder and it has multiple copies of a few worlds that are not marked as "installed" and don't show up in the launcher. Is it ok to delete duplicates?

I know I can go back, download and install all the things from I've bought from the store fairly easily, but I really don't want to have to track down, download and convert all the things I've gotten from TSR and elsewhere that were sims3pack. Is there anyway to extract them from where they are and make them into package files to put in the mods folder?

I appreciate any light you can shed on this. Thank you so much.
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 4:17 PM
Have you tried CC Magic? It installs sims3pack files for you without you having to touch the launcher. Just place them (the sims3pack files) into your downloads folder launch CCMagic and let it do it's thing. It doesn't clog up your DCCache folder, which for someone like me who is building a world it is great, but a tip with CCMagic make sure you add folders within your default folder so if you need to find something CCMagic doesn't crash because of the files it's trying to load all at once.