Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 3:04 PM
Default Would somebody export a world for me?
I am trying to get a clean version of the Praaven map. I have cleared everything to my desire, however I cannot export it. I have tried the usual stuff which is explained in several threads and several forum but had no luck whatsoever. Now I simply want to ask, if somebody who has no trouble exporting would be so nice to export my world file for me. I have an export-ready Zip-file, so all there is to do is actually just exporting. Thanks a lot.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 3:55 PM
If you cannot export it we probably cannot either. Can you export other worlds? If yes, there is a problem with that specific one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 2:21 PM
Thanks for the reply. No I cannot export any world, not even a "clean" one.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 3:16 PM
CAW is so unstable on most pc's. I don't know about others, but I get a bit apprehensive about taking on someone else,s files, fearing my CAW might start to bug up on me.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 7:16 PM
Maybe you can explain a little more which methods you tried (or which tutorials you followed). Do you get an error message? What happens when you try to export?

If nothing works I can try to export it for you. But I'd prefer if we can help you to achieve that on your own.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Dec 2016 at 8:58 AM
The message I get is simply "World export failed". I followed several tutorials where it was suggested to

- move the world file to Desktop
- installing caw in another directory
- renaming the mods folder or moving it
- deleting or moving the various cache folders

There might have been some other things I tried as suggested in the various threads (must have been four or five), but I don't remember.

I also tried to export different but otherwise working worlds such as "riverview" or "sunset valley" and another downloaded custom world file with no success. I made a simple world from scratch which did not work either.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 31st Dec 2016 at 9:35 AM
Is your EA-User content folder at the default location? Or did you move it to a different one? Also, is the game installed at the default path?
Do you (your user account on your pc) have admin rights? Is the export folder in the EA-Sims 3-folder for some reason write protected?
Do you use CAW or Super CAW? (Also, I assume you double checked if your game and your caw version match?)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 31st Dec 2016 at 10:37 AM
The game is installed at the default path.
For the EA-User content folder I tried both moving and keeping at the default location. I have Admin rights on my PC and also opened CAW as Admin. The export folder is write protected, but I cannot turn it off (says only for files within the folder). I use regular CAW and the versions match (other version won't start at all, I tried).
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 31st Dec 2016 at 1:09 PM
Hm, send me your files, I'll have a look at them. Maybe someone else will have an idea what goes wrong with your installation. It sounds really strange.
Alchemist
#10 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 1:04 PM
Here's something I've encountered with my CAW. I've noticed that sometimes the CAW don't like it if the launcher had a massive load of store content/CC. With one of my worlds I had to use an empty launcher for the CAW to export the said world. Also, a non-store, player made custom content in the launcher can interfere.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 3:31 PM
Thank you all for your help and offers to look at the file. I have found somebody who exported the file for me and everything worked just fine. I'll finally be playing sims now ;-)