Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 9:25 AM
Default Sims 3 Babytalk freeze
I noticed a lot of Simmers - including myself - end up with a frozen toddler and parent once the pop up states the toddler has successfully learned to talk. Which is followed by another pop stating "Now if you can just get her/him to stop talking".

Well if this is EA's idea of a joke, I'm not liking it and neither is anyone else on the Sims 3 forum who's experienced this. Moveobjects doesn't help, as I moved both the dad and the baby into two separate places - the dad I moved to outside - the baby to her nursery. It seems the only thing that "SOMETIMES" works is resetting the parent Sim, but if it does not work you end up losing the toddler to the social worker and the dad has all his motives in the red. It's like moodlet *Hades*, never mind the mom that was also preggers with #2. So I just quit without saving.

I did try this 2 other times with the same results, so I just left that family and went to the other neighborhood. This is the last skill my toddler needs and she turns child the next day. Her whole babyhood was great and if I could complete this silly thing I just may get to pick one of her traits. Right now she just has heavy sleeper and clumsy - so she needs all the help she can get. This is super frustrating, to say the least.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 11:05 AM
Yes this has forced me to restart my game twice already. So this time I made a family with a kid already at the child stage. It's annoying.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 11:54 AM
I foolishly deleted the father with buy mode and he never reappeared (like in the sims 2 when you reload the house the sims comes back), so now he's in the family thumbnail in the beginning of the game but not anywhere else so his relationship with his family is going down and I have no idea how to bring him back

smile:D
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 12:26 PM
Have you all tried typing resetsim ParentName into the cheatbox?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Site Helper
#5 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 7:16 PM
It's a bug and pretty clearly not EA's idea of a joke. The resetsim cheat should fix it.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 12:28 PM
it does not he's gone for good

smile:D