Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 10:28 PM
Default How to DEINSTALL files installed with the Install Helper Monkey?
Hi all!

Can anybody help me in easy english because I'm an elder german woman? The great TS3 Install Helper Monkey by Delphy at modthesims3 helped me to install some hacks into my game. But how can I deinstall them now in another playtime they aren*t welcome anymore? To delete them in the game files doesn't eleminate the installation!

Many thanks for every answer! Greetings, Simsanne
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 11:01 PM
The files will be in Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages, just delete the ones you don't want.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 6:49 AM
There are no "mods" - I used the Helper and so I have "Hacks" and "Skins" - but if I delete the files there, nothing changes, they are still in game!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 9:18 AM
They're still mods. Hmm, maybe the game has cached them somehow? What is it you actually have installed?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 1:51 PM
The path should be start>mycomputer>Drive the game is installed>program files>electronic arts> sims3>mods>hacks. If they were installed by the helper, this is exactly where the .package files should be. If you delete them they should not be in your game any more.

By Hacks, what do you mean? When we say 'hacks' we mean downloads that affect the way the game is played. We do NOT mean patterns, lots and houses, sim skins or any other downloaded content. Hacks are their own special sort of download.

You don't happen to be looking in your mydocuments folder, do you?

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 5:27 PM
Dearest Whiterider and Canoodle! As I wrote my stupid "cannot find" here in Germany it is early morning, no coffee, no time, sleep in my eyes and sorrows in my head! 10 Minutes and a coffee in my working place later there comes a flash in my head ... I've looked in "mydocuments" indeed but I should have looked in "program files" (german "eigene Dateien" und "Programme", but we have also "Programms") and before I read your friendly and helpfull answers I found it! Thank you so much, pardon-me my old school-english a hundred years ago and happy simming! Love you!
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#7 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 5:30 PM
Your English is quite good actually. I 'thought' that is what was going on...that you were looking in mydocuments. Happy simming. :D

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
#8 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 8:52 PM
Still there may be problems if you installed hacks before.
For the "Debug console command enabler" hack you will have to delete scriptCache.package for instance...