Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 1:44 PM
Default Child died out of randomness
Well i played with family 1, then played with family 2 switched back to family 1 and voila, one of the children is dead.

Is there any way to fix/prevent this, without turning of the dynamic neighborhood thingy???
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 1:48 PM
Pretty sure you'll have to turn off story progression, yes.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 7:37 PM
Are you sure its intended to be that way?

Its kinda hard to kill a sim in 2 ingame days, unless you realy try to do so.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 8:00 PM
Yes, it is - the timings are not congruent at all. I know someone who played two days in another family and her main family, in that time, got knocked up, had a baby, and raised it to teenage.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 4:28 PM
Hmm thanks for the Info.
I just hope It gets fixed with some sort of Patch or whatsoever.

Cant imagen its ment to be that way. x.x
Site Helper
#6 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 4:48 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 12th Jun 2009 at 5:01 PM.
The game is not actually playing the sims outside of your current family. Instead, it is just making random choices to kill sims, move them in or out, age them, give them babies, etc. This is the way that the game is meant to work; it is supposed to create the illusion of a "living" neighborhood without incurring the cost of the game actually simulating the sims.

If you want a fix now, you can run the game with a switch (-disablestoryprogression) which will turn off story progression:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po...744.page#133679

Alternatively, Pescado has a mod which allows you to choose which parts of story progression you want:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15185.0.html