Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 7:43 PM
Game cuts off on it's own for no reason...?
Okay, I've had the Sims 3 for a while now and it's been working amazingly on my lap top. [: Anyhow, everything was working perfect I guess I should say until today.

I turned on the game and started to play my family until suddenly, the game just shut down. I thought I would get an error message or something, but nothing happened. So, I loaded the game again, started to play my family and sure enough, ten minutes later it shut down again.

I don't know why it keeps doing that. It was working just fine the night before and now all of a sudden it won't work right.

Anyone have any ideas as to why?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 8:02 PM
Usually that happens due to overheating. The game may be a bit too processor or graphics intensive for your laptop.

If you've been playing the game with the laptop on your lap or on a blanket or pillow, try moving it to a hard surface where air can reach the cooling vents (often on the bottom). You might also try suspending the laptop above the surface so more air can reach the vents.

If you're a smoker or have pets that shed, it's possible you may need to get the laptop professionally cleaned out.

Resident wet blanket.
shiny!
retired moderator
#3 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 8:16 PM
This is not the correct place for game help. Please read forum rules before posting. They can be found in stickies or the large green bolded forum announcements at the top of the forum. If you post your questions in the correct forum you're a lot more likely to get help.

Someone will prob be along to move the thread, but for now please post your specs: http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...lp:System_Specs