Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 1:09 AM Last edited by LadyGreenEyes649 : 11th Apr 2016 at 4:31 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default CAW crashing for EIG mode - tried everything, help?!
I have this posted in another area, but someone suggested I try here, since the other area isn't getting the techie responses it used to. So, here's the issue. Create a World will not run for the Edit in Game mode, at all. I have tried every solution I can find, to no avail. The CAW itself was a very recent install to a new system, using the 1.67-compatible link from the official site. Running on Windows 7 Professional, Intel Xenon 3.3GHz CPU, 8.00GB of RAM, and a NVidia Quatro 600 video card, which, though not listed, runs great. Versions match, as follows:

GameVersion = 1.67.2.024001
CompatVersion = 24
WorldBuilderCompatibilityVersion = 21

Latest expansion (Into the Future) shows:
GameVersion = 21.0.150.024001
CompatVersion = 24

The CAW shows:
GameVersion = 1.19.6.024037
CompatVersion = 24

I have tried everything, up to and including installing an older version of the CAW, and running it via the work-a-round for that. Either version gives the same result; I can open a world, mess with terrain, add roads and lots and trees, but when I try to use EIG to actually develop a lot, it simply stops working. No version error, no resource error, just "The Sims 3 has stopped working...". This happens with the world I am trying to create, a brand new one with literally NOTHING done in it, and the "light" worlds that come pre-loaded, so it's not just one world with the problem. Every single world is the same; EIG simply will not open. I have tried removing the entire Mods folder and running in windowed mode also, to no avail. Freshly reinstalling the CAW has also been tried, though it was very new (as in, a week-ish). The game itself runs great, no problems, for building, sims creation, busy worlds, whatever, so I know the system can handle that. Even when it crashes, there are plenty of resources, and it doesn't give that error, anyway.

The only thing I haven't done is to remove the DCCache file, which isn't large, in any case, because building on lots without store content would defeat the entire purpose of this [particular world. I do have all of the store content, which I didn't in the past when running EIG (on an older computer that I no longer have), so I don't know if that's part of the problem or not. Seems weird if so; as what's the point of having the stuff to build if we can't use it to build?

Anyway, ready to scream here, over the frustration with this. I have looked all over for a solution, and all I find is others with the same problem. Hoping someone here has a solution. Thanks.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 12:01 AM
Six months, no reply, so bumping, to see if anyone has located a solution. Nothing on my end, and no changes.
Scholar
#3 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 12:32 AM
Try posting in the CAW subforum.

But I can tell you that lots if not most of the people who use CAW have this problem & the only workaround I understand is to make the lots elsewhere & add them in the in-game "Edit Town," later when the world is done.
Instructor
#4 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 5:52 AM
The only way I was able to run EIG was with this work around here.
If it still won't work, maybe some posts in this thread will give you more advice?

But lucy kemnitzer's advice is very sound.

EIG can take a while to save and if you don't want to loose progress due to a possible crash or error, it is sometimes better to add 3-4 lots from the library at once, save and so on.

Also, the mere presence of the glass floor rugs from Into the Future on a lot make EIG freeze if I try to go from building to Edit in Town. Seems like others have had this issue. But you can place a lot that has them from the library and save without problem. Which is all the more reasons to first export your world, install it, build in game, save the lots to the library and then add the lots in EIG to the CAW vesion of your world.
Instructor
#5 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 11:40 AM Last edited by PapaEmy : 13th Oct 2016 at 4:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes649
Running on Windows 7 Professional, Intel Xenon 3.3GHz CPU, 8.00GB of RAM, and a NVidia Quatro 600 video card, which, though not listed, runs great.

I think your Nvidia Quadro 600 video card may not be supported by TS3, I just checked it in my backup GraphicCards.sgr file (also TS3 1.67) and I didn't found your Nvidia Quadro 600 there, btw.. can you post your DeviceConfig from your TS3 docs folder? It'll be easier to help you finding the cause of the problem..

Running EIG from CAW is basically running TS3 the game itself but in light mode, therefore to run EIG from CAW you'll need your TS3 game recognizes your Nvidia Quadro 600 video card, TS3 can always run the game without recognizing your graphic card, but I think for CAW to run EIG, first.. you'll need to have your TS3 recognized your Nvidia Quadro 600, go to this link to make your TS3 recognizes your graphic video, the link I gave you is tutorial I made for Win 10 but you can implement it for Win 7 as well.., the steps are the same, once your TS3 recognized your graphic video, then go try to run EIG from CAW..

PS: To protect your gpu from damage.. you'll need to have FPS Limiter or Nvidia Inspector to cap the FPS both for TS3 and EIG from CAW