Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 8:40 AM
Missing Icons for my Custom Traits when using "Get to Know"
Hello,

There are slight problems with the set of custom personality traits that I made with Zerbu's Mod Constructor V2. Because I am a complete noob, the guidance of more experienced modders would help me a lot.

Item 1 - Missing Icons in Relationship Window
When one Sim 'learns' another Sim's custom trait, the custom trait icon does not show up in their Relationship window. So even after getting to know all a Sim's traits, there will still be one hidden.

However, the icon shows up perfectly fine in CAS.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.
[x] 'Create Trait' is checked.
[x] Trait SimData is in the 'Personality' category.
[x] A trait icon is selected.
Item 2 - Whims, Rare and with Empty Tags
How do I set a custom 'reason' for custom traits?

If a Sim rolls the whim to Clean the House, I want the tag to read, "From Being Conscientious", not, " ". The method I tried did not work; frankly, I find this part of the Mod Constructor not straightforward.

Furthermore, Sims seem to roll whims due to my custom traits very infrequently; probably 1-2 times out of 20 hours of gaming. How can I increase the frequency at which Sims rely on their custom traits for new whims?
Item 3
I think my trait mods are working fine otherwise, and I would like to release them. However, they aren't tested, and I don't know exactly how to go about testing them. Is there a process I should follow? Should I ask for volunteers?

Many thanks for your time and mental labor. Papa Bless.

Best,
shedevil
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 9:18 AM Last edited by shedevil : 17th Sep 2017 at 9:20 AM. Reason: Forgot one point
Follow-up to my original post
Item 1
I still haven't figured out why my icons are missing in the Relationship window after 'get to know'. They still display as unknown traits.

[x] They show up fine in the Personality UI bar.
[x] An emotionless buff is created for each trait.

Item 2
Answered by this tutorial - https://simsvip.com/2017/09/03/crea...custom-trait-1/

Just type in "(From XXX Trait)" without the quotations.

Oh, also, make sure that your trait has a core hidden buff. I don't think whims will generate without it... Not 100% on this one, but after I made core buffs for my traits, I do notice more whims associated to the trait.

Item 3
This isn't easy, since I will be testing 10 traits. They are basically all 10 of the Big Five personality traits, each individually tuned. I want to release them in a couple weeks. Although I don't expect it, if anyone wants to volunteer, please do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 8:52 AM
Bump, I am still trying to figure out why the icons for my custom traits are not showing up in the Relationship windows (Item 1). Any insight is much appreciated.
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 7:59 PM
Default confirmed
Quote: Originally posted by shedevil
Bump, I am still trying to figure out why the icons for my custom traits are not showing up in the Relationship windows (Item 1). Any insight is much appreciated.

Hey, I have the same issue, I don't create traits myself, but downloaded a bunch yesterday, none of them are showing in the relationship panel. they are all working as intended though.
Test Subject
#5 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 10:14 PM
he has a new version out ..
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 9:27 PM
Howdyho! Any info about this problem yet?