Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Site Helper
#7876 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 12:41 AM
It means that you have some sims who were being sent out on a date and got another sim who was going to join the group. Since the game only expects your own active sims to be involved in that kind of situation it's giving you the option of either cancelling the join request and keeping it a date or allowing another sim to join and turning the outing into a regular group. Even if you have no idea of who is going on the date or who is joining it. Or it means that two sims in a group are getting more interested in turning it into a date and need to either tone it down or leave the group together. Again, you get the pop-up even if none of your sims are involved.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Advertisement
Inventor
#7877 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 1:06 PM
How many "hold meetings" outside of working hours(business career) does it take for the smiley meter to be anything above average. It feels like 100000
Top Secret Researcher
#7878 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 2:28 PM
I think the "three's a crowd" thing is a glitch that EA never fixed.

Sims are better than us.
Test Subject
#7879 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 4:59 PM
Hi everyone
My problem is so weird... Actually I used traveler mod and changed my sims hometown from sunset valley to Isla Paradiso and when I Wanted to go back to sunset valley to do some works I used another Isla Paradiso townie and used traveler mod and went back to sunset valley but all the sunset valley townies were disappeard I mean the icon of sims were up to them but they weren't showing not in relationship bar and nor in town it is like they are under the ground
I used Mc reset everything from city hall but every sims hairs and appearance tottaly changed and they were all like each other but with different skin tones and hair colors they faces were like NPCs😳
I was so shocked that I quieted the game and restart and did traveling and changing hometown again but again this happened
Can you please help me?
Mad Poster
#7880 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 6:58 PM
Regarding the showcase of a lot of design and pertaining in seeking the feedback of one, do I post such thread in The Sims 3 Create Forum for better results in discussion?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#7881 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shaghayeghyz
Hi everyone
My problem is so weird... Actually I used traveler mod and changed my sims hometown from sunset valley to Isla Paradiso and when I Wanted to go back to sunset valley to do some works I used another Isla Paradiso townie and used traveler mod and went back to sunset valley but all the sunset valley townies were disappeard I mean the icon of sims were up to them but they weren't showing not in relationship bar and nor in town it is like they are under the ground
I used Mc reset everything from city hall but every sims hairs and appearance tottaly changed and they were all like each other but with different skin tones and hair colors they faces were like NPCs😳
I was so shocked that I quieted the game and restart and did traveling and changing hometown again but again this happened
Can you please help me?

Do you have Overwatch and ErrorTrap in play in addition to Traveler?

Regardless, invisible sims appearing to be underground are an indication that their outfit assignments are broken. Not the outfits (clothes, CAS parts) themselves, the assignments of the sims to them. MC Resetting will not fix this. There are two other ways.

-- Get each sim to dress themselves again, even if that means ordering them to put on the outfit they were already supposed to be wearing. That can be very tedious for a population of inactives, but MC's Outfit command should do it and is a lot easier than getting them all to go swimming or something.
-- Use NRaas DebugEnabler's Fix Invisible Sim command. That should find and fix usually at least 80% of them by regenerating the links from the sims to their current outfits if link breakage is detected. It runs on all sims in town, so that would be more efficient when faced with a town full of them.

If either method still causes the sims' appearances to change dramatically, to the point where they aren't really recognizable anymore, I'm afraid to say that the original world and its inhabitants were corrupt to some extent.
Mad Poster
#7882 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 11:52 PM
Right, here's a stupid question: how do I give a Sim an abnormally large mouth? What kind of slider could do that for me? Just a regular-shaped mouth, only 25% bigger. Like Julia Roberts's.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
#7883 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 8:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor

Regardless, invisible sims appearing to be underground are an indication that their outfit assignments are broken. Not the outfits (clothes, CAS parts) themselves, the assignments of the sims to them. MC Resetting will not fix this. There are two other ways.

-- Get each sim to dress themselves again, even if that means ordering them to put on the outfit they were already supposed to be wearing. That can be very tedious for a population of inactives, but MC's Outfit command should do it and is a lot easier than getting them all to go swimming or something.
-- Use NRaas DebugEnabler's Fix Invisible Sim command. That should find and fix usually at least 80% of them by regenerating the links from the sims to their current outfits if link breakage is detected. It runs on all sims in town, so that would be more efficient when faced with a town full of them.

If either method still causes the sims' appearances to change dramatically, to the point where they aren't really recognizable anymore, I'm afraid to say that the original world and its inhabitants were corrupt to some extent.

Yes I have both errortrap and overwatch

I used the sims to dress again but while dressing sims and the outfits were still invisible but the icon of sims were still remaining
The way like they were under the ground I even make them go and take a shower or go swimming but it didn't work....I have to use the mod that you said to see the result
Test Subject
#7884 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 1:24 PM Last edited by Shaghayeghyz : 3rd Oct 2018 at 4:44 PM.

HI I just went to nraas to download debugenabler mod but nraas was updated and it only had mods for 1.69 patch
Isn't there any way to download this for my 1.67 patch?
By the way patching sims to 1.69 needs origin and origin doesn't work for my country
Top Secret Researcher
#7885 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Right, here's a stupid question: how do I give a Sim an abnormally large mouth? What kind of slider could do that for me? Just a regular-shaped mouth, only 25% bigger. Like Julia Roberts's.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=434270
Use the slider hack that comes in this mod. IT comes with three packages for 2x, 3x and 4x the normal sliders. But it isn't a single huge mouth slider tho'. You'd have to adjust all the mouth sliders

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#7886 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 3:43 PM
Yeah I know, I have the sliders set to x2 already. But not being able to size the mouth with a single slider is a problem. I need to be able to make the mouth wider and taller, and I need the teeth to be bigger.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#7887 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 6:19 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 3rd Oct 2018 at 6:36 PM.
Although I made a thread over this question, but I don't I got a clear answer: using CFE or some kind of form of CC, would it be possible to make a vertically-curved swimming pool that close in on a room on its walls, making the said room look like a dome shape? This might be the stupidest question, not because of it being silly, but more because it's asked again and somewhat skipped the answer or didn't pay much attention. I might need to relook at that thread. ETA: my concern is If the pool will render in the said shape.

Mad Poster
#7888 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 6:36 PM Last edited by igazor : 3rd Oct 2018 at 7:40 PM.
HI I just went to nraas to download debugenabler mod but nraas was updated and it only had mods for 1.69 patch
Isn't there any way to download this for my 1.67 patch?
By the way patching sims to 1.69 needs origin and origin doesn't work for my country

The only NRaas mod that has a different version for 1.69 vs. 1.67 is ErrorTrap. Yes, we do have to fix that one so that both versions are once again available.

The other mods including DebugEnabler are exactly the same for both patch levels because the game files themselves are exactly the same other than their internal build numbers. Everywhere it currently says "Download for 1.69" (except for ErrorTrap and UntranslatedKey that almost no one ever asks about) should really say/mean "Download for 1.67/69."
Mad Poster
#7889 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 7:30 PM
Oh, how do I go about preparing to send a sim to a vacation and return them back homeland safely? Last time I done it, I couldn't properly return back to main world without getting stuck with no playable sim in champ les sims whilst stuck in live mode.

Mad Poster
#7890 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Oh, how do I go about preparing to send a sim to a vacation and return them back homeland safely? Last time I done it, I couldn't properly return back to main world without getting stuck with no playable sim in champ les sims whilst stuck in live mode.

Are/were you using NRaas Traveler? Working together with Overwatch and ErrorTrap, that one usually takes care of such travel transition failures for us.

If you still get failures, the next thing to try in addition to the mods is to relieve as much stress on the game as possible before traveling in either direction. Clear out your sims' personal inventories as much as practical, be logged out at the Launcher and in-game levels, switch off the in-game TS3 store shopping experience and the hidden object startup game, turn all of the graphics settings in the built-in Game Options down to the bare ugly minimums and switch off Advanced Rendering (all only temporarily), only attempt travel in either direction after a fresh save (as), quit entirely to desktop/Origin and reload (which you would have to do after changing some of the game's graphics settings anyway), do a save (as) and another total quit and reload as soon as your sims safely arrive and show as the playable household in either direction, and after they make it to their home, vacation home, or base camp, continuing through to that part is okay, before trying to play forward again.
Mad Poster
#7891 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 7:43 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 3rd Oct 2018 at 8:11 PM.
Thanks. I was tempted to download it, but I thought of asking anyway as I'm about to send a sim now straight away after loading the game. Just to know any precautions before use.

So basically, I first save then make a duplicate (save as) before heading to let's say one of destination worlds? (I assume I load up the main save before the trip occur If all goes wrong in the vacation with the progression stored in a backedup or vice versa) and then If the sim travels forward 'alive & save' , I should save it again (with "save as") an hour before the vacation is over ? If travelling forward and back goes well without any complication, should I just save or save it as a spare duplicate and check If the game runs smootly from a second play session after taking the flight away/to home?

In short, I should create multiple backups between the two transitions/directions of loading during the trip, before and after traveling, while the main save stores the progress during the vacation in a foreign land? If that's what I got from you.

Top Secret Researcher
#7892 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 7:56 PM
1) Why do genii take showers, mop floors and make autumn salad when they can genie clean, make sparkly and summon food?
2) Not sure if it is a glitch or what as I never played a couch potato before. Her one dream was to buy a new TV and she won't read skill books or anything - just sits in front of the TV all day.
3) I can't get my other sim to stay in class (University), that is a glitch! The class suddenly ends, everyone leaves, and he gets the "skipping class" on his occupation tab. Anyone seen that glitch before? It started after I installed the Steam version of CmarNYC XCAS mod.
4) Why is the stupid questions threat my favorite? Is it because the bar is so low here?

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#7893 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 8:25 PM
On an unrelated side of note, traveling to Sunlit Tides and choosing a lot to stay in didn't cost me a thing (and there I was worrying that I will have built a base camp through edit town as It didn't came through my head to do so beforehand, lol). Is this an intentional feature?

Oh, regards to selling own grown vegetables, what's practical: should I sell those through an inventory/grocery store or n the consignment store?

As for nrass story progression, apology in advance for redundant question as I'm still new to nrass mods: what's advisable in your opinion when it prompts the riddance of homeless by the town council: should I get rid of them or not? Why yes/no?

Mad Poster
#7894 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 10:40 PM
So is anyone here good at reading script errors and finding out what they mean. Every now and then I'll have a sim who can't be selected by other sims and it spawns a "Selector Error". I thought the issue was my Kinky World mod so I uninstalled it but the problem still persists.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#7895 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 11:26 PM Last edited by igazor : 3rd Oct 2018 at 11:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
So is anyone here good at reading script errors and finding out what they mean. Every now and then I'll have a sim who can't be selected by other sims and it spawns a "Selector Error". I thought the issue was my Kinky World mod so I uninstalled it but the problem still persists.

This is the most relevant part (emphasis added):
System.NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.
#0: 0x00029 ldfld.o in Sims3.Gameplay.Socializing.SocialInteractionA+Definition:GetTraitIcon (Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim,Sims3.Gameplay.Abstracts.GameObject) (559D8740 [58EED800] [00000000] )

You seem to have (or have had) a trait (LTR, etc.) in play that the game cannot cope with. Has this ongoing game and/or its sims save ever "seen" the Kinky mod? If so, I would suspect that one first has left something unwanted behind after having been removed. If not, it would almost have to be one of your other non-NRaas mods that is producing this error.

Edit: I also note that you have SimsMX's Hospital Overhaul mod in play. That one is not compatible with current patch levels and is known to break players' games. Not sure what that could really have to do with the error at hand, but just worth mentioning.
Mad Poster
#7896 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 11:44 PM
So basically, I first save then make a duplicate (save as) before heading to let's say one of destination worlds? (I assume I load up the main save before the trip occur If all goes wrong in the vacation with the progression stored in a backedup or vice versa) and then If the sim travels forward 'alive & save' , I should save it again (with "save as") an hour before the vacation is over ? If travelling forward and back goes well without any complication, should I just save or save it as a spare duplicate and check If the game runs smootly from a second play session after taking the flight away/to home?

In short, I should create multiple backups between the two transitions/directions of loading during the trip, before and after traveling, while the main save stores the progress during the vacation in a foreign land? If that's what I got from you.

On an unrelated side of note, traveling to Sunlit Tides and choosing a lot to stay in didn't cost me a thing (and there I was worrying that I will have built a base camp through edit town as It didn't came through my head to do so beforehand, lol). Is this an intentional feature?

Oh, regards to selling own grown vegetables, what's practical: should I sell those through an inventory/grocery store or n the consignment store?

As for nrass story progression, apology in advance for redundant question as I'm still new to nrass mods: what's advisable in your opinion when it prompts the riddance of homeless by the town council: should I get rid of them or not? Why yes/no?

We all have different "workflows" when it comes to potentially game jarring things like world travel. I do a Save As before having left home and another upon safe arrival. Whether I want more Save As save copies cluttering things up while mid-vacation depends on whether and how many life-changing things that I wouldn't really want to have to re-play happen while there. Sometimes it's plenty, sometimes almost none. Then again just before returning home and finally again upon a safe arrival back home.

Now I don't need five or ten frozen in time saves forever documenting all of that progress, the point is to have many safe (safer) points to retreat to should something go wrong here. After convinced that all is well, sometime after returning home I'll just delete the unnecessary ones. Maybe keep one where they were still on that vacation should I ever want to load it up in the future to look something up about the world they are visiting or what was happening back then.

I should point out that I have only one ongoing game, coming up on seven years old now, and have easily 200 saves accumulated documenting chapters of its evolution like this. I'm sure the entire system can be scaled back to fit more "normal" (whatever that may mean) games. It's really helpful for me to load up save #65 or #137 realtime years later when I suddenly need to see or find something for whatever reason, but I don't need to see 65a, 65b, etc. from all different travel points that were generated by Save As just to have safe retreat points for that particular portion of the game. If two or five years later save #65 turns out to be a dud and can't be loaded, it's really no big deal and I'll try the ones just before or after it.

When your destination has no base camp, and your sims do not own a vacation home in it, you are offered a place to stay among any unoccupied residential lots in the world. We are to think of the cost of lodging being built into the travel tickets. It's a feature of the Traveler mod. If my intention is to stay with friends/relatives or a resort while in town, I will tend to select an empty 10x10 or something as the place to stay, even if my sims have no intention of actually staying there after they arrive safely. Such a placeholder lot would, however, be where they reset to should they ever do get reset mid-trip. One thing worth mentioning, if your world has no base camp and no suitable (even empty) unoccupied lots to select from, it's possible to get stuck on the selection screen upon arrival and not be able to move from it because there will be no lots to select.

I always run NRaas SP's version of progression on my foreign vacation worlds, even on Uni, I never have SP's Manage the Homeless switched on (except by accident once or twice) and I never agree to "run the homeless out of town." It's all a matter of player preference as to how the homeless populations are handled, not so much one way being better over the others.

Selling grown harvestables through consignment will tend to generate more money especially as your sim gains experience in doing so (or at least that's the way it's supposed to work, that hidden skill never does seem to advance as it should due to some programming glitches), at the risk of no one buying them at all. Selling at the grocery store or by drag and drop through the inventory interfaces may generate less income overall, but you get the cost of the "sale" immediately instead of waiting with bated breath for the next 5pm consignment sales report to roll around.
Mad Poster
#7897 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 12:08 AM
This is the most relevant part (emphasis added):
System.NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.
#0: 0x00029 ldfld.o in Sims3.Gameplay.Socializing.SocialInteractionA+Definition:GetTraitIcon (Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim,Sims3.Gameplay.Abstracts.GameObject) (559D8740 [58EED800] [00000000] )

You seem to have (or have had) a trait (LTR, etc.) in play that the game cannot cope with. Has this ongoing game and/or its sims save ever "seen" the Kinky mod? If so, I would suspect that one first has left something unwanted behind after having been removed. If not, it would almost have to be one of your other non-NRaas mods that is producing this error.

Edit: I also note that you have SimsMX's Hospital Overhaul mod in play. That one is not compatible with current patch levels and is known to break players' games. Not sure what that could really have to do with the error at hand, but just worth mentioning.

I've had Hospital Overhaul for a while and never had this problem (though I've also recently updated my game to the 1.67 patch) so I assume it's the other one (will remove Hospital Overhaul next time I play, just to be sure) As for the kinky world mod, you say the issue with a trait my sim may have that was leftover from this mod (said mod did use custom traits). So is there, like, a way to take this sim's traits back to their factory settings?

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#7898 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
I've had Hospital Overhaul for a while and never had this problem (though I've also recently updated my game to the 1.67 patch) so I assume it's the other one (will remove Hospital Overhaul next time I play, just to be sure) As for the kinky world mod, you say the issue with a trait my sim may have that was leftover from this mod (said mod did use custom traits). So is there, like, a way to take this sim's traits back to their factory settings?

It's Patch 1.63 (and higher) that breaks the Hospital Overhaul mod.

Can't say for sure but we do know that Selector doesn't go around barking about sims' traits on a regular basis unless it has a very good reason for doing so. Was afraid that the KW removal tool or whatever procedure its developer has players use might not be as thorough as it could be. That would really be a question for her to answer. We do know that you cannot just remove the mod and play forward, at least we don't know of many players who have successfully done so. But from what we can see, this is only really a suspicion more than something we can prove.

Sorry, this is unknown territory for us. I'm tempted to say scrap this game and start a new one with all new sims and without KW ever having seen it. But maybe others here have a prognosis that is less severe sounding.
Test Subject
#7899 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 11:22 AM
The only NRaas mod that has a different version for 1.69 vs. 1.67 is ErrorTrap. Yes, we do have to fix that one so that both versions are once again available.

The other mods including DebugEnabler are exactly the same for both patch levels because the game files themselves are exactly the same other than their internal build numbers. Everywhere it currently says "Download for 1.69" (except for ErrorTrap and UntranslatedKey that almost no one ever asks about) should really say/mean "Download for 1.67/69."

Hi Igazor
I did what you told me to do and used Debugenabler mod and selected the option "fix invisible sims" but what happened was the same and all my sims appearance totally changed and they all looked the same like NPCs...I don't know what to do now...isn't there any other options for me?and isn't there a way that I move the old sims to the town and and transfer they look and outfits to ones that changed?
Help me please
Mad Poster
#7900 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 5:15 PM
Hi Igazor
I did what you told me to do and used Debugenabler mod and selected the option "fix invisible sims" but what happened was the same and all my sims appearance totally changed and they all looked the same like NPCs...I don't know what to do now...isn't there any other options for me?and isn't there a way that I move the old sims to the town and and transfer they look and outfits to ones that changed?
Help me please

If your sims are corrupt to the point that changing their outfits by any means causes them to change appearances entirely as described, then no. Continuing to work with corrupt sims and moving them to other worlds would just cause them to take the corruption, wherever it came from, with them.

You could try to bring the sims into CAS and copy them to the saved sims collection, then make all new sims using the templates. That should be okay but then you will have all new sims that merely look like your originals (and have the same traits and other CAS attributes like favorites). Or you could try saving their households down the household bin and place them in a different game, that way would however still risk the corruption following them to wherever you placed them and they will stand to lose their histories and relationships that way. the relationships can be fixed with MasterController, the histories not so much.
Page 316 of 385