Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 11:51 AM Last edited by didyouevenmakeasound : 15th Jun 2018 at 5:17 PM.
Default What themed hood would you want to see or be interested in making?
Like Veronaville being themed around Shakespeare. I'd love to see a Musical-themed one (traditional musicals AND modern ones!)

It'd be great...imagine having both Les Mis and Hamilton and making Lafayette get involved with the ABC... :D

EDIT: Oh, by the way, I'm convinced. I'm going to try a Storybrooke one, if I can get an SC4 map for it. I've asked on GOS so we'll see ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's at times like these where I really want SC4
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 1:13 PM
I once made a Pride & Prejudice themed hood, because I thought those would be interesting households to play through. I got distracted making regency careers, though, and never got around to playing it.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 2:04 PM Last edited by quycksylver : 13th Jun 2018 at 2:34 PM.
I've always wanted to make a Lovecraft themed megahood with Arkham, Innsmouth, Miskatonic U--the works. I had some 1920s-30 era CC, kativip's monsters (I know, they're more Silent Hillian than Lovecraftian--but they worked for me!). I even made some half-assed Deep Ones for townies...and then I lost everything in the Great Crash of 2014. Maybe I'll try and start that up again...

[EDIT] The OTHER thing I've thought about doing is making a hood named Ticky Tacky and filling it with little, boxy houses. 'Cause I'm rubbish at building.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 2:43 PM
The Alien Zoo.

The aliens have been abducting sims for research and entertainment purposes, using technology that moves freely in both time and space. Since sims are social animals, it was determined early on that for permanent display and experimentation entire households would be taken - including the house.

So now in the glass dome, with the alien public watching remotely as it suits them and the occasional scientist fishing one out for fertility experiments, sims from different times and places are living as near neighbors. Mrs. Bennet is desperately trying to make matches for her five daughters even as Elizabeth and Mary seize the opportunity to get higher education and jobs. Scarlett and Melanie have realized that neither Rhett nor Ashley can give them anything they can't get better from each other, Mammy is the boss of the house, and Prissy is going to school and soaking up learning like a sponge. Holmes, Watson, and Mrs. Hudson have created a new normal at a 221B that is no longer on Baker Street. The March girls and Marmee now have Fagin, Nancy, and some disreputable boys living on one side of them, and an Iroquois longhouse on the other. Neanderthals, Swiss Family Robinson, samurai, Prester John, Kunta Kinte - all kinds of people, each in their own little "natural habitat," trying to adjust to their new situation.

Townies are AIs whose organic engineered bodies don't start to age until they move into a habitat permanently. Rabbit hole jobs are part of a larger set of economic and psychological studies. People in different households don't age at the same rate? More experiments. The alien technology is sufficiently advanced as to be indistinguishable from magic and can paper over damn near any glitch or side effect of game mechanics you like.

It'd take a heck of a lot of CC, though.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#5 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 3:11 PM
I think I made a Sim Zoo once. The marine animal (sim) kept drowning in her pool. I had to replace that sim twice.

I'd like to see a Fallout neighborhood. I may get around to making it too. I have enough grunge and fallout downloads to make it happen.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Scholar
#6 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 3:12 PM
i'd love to see hoods which are...premade hoods set a few years before the actual game or what peni said above.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#7 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 4:25 PM
I'd like to see a nuclear fallout hood. I know I can make one, myself. But the building stuff...it always comes back to that.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Instructor
#8 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 4:44 PM
Lately I've been thinking about creating a hood based on Eça de Queiroz's "The Maias: Episodes of Romantic Life". It would take a lot of time and patience to build it alone, nevermind creating every character with its own unique personality and the, ahem, incest part would be somewhat of a pain to replicate, so I think it's an idea that won't see the light of day. If anything, I might give it a go this summer and see what I can put together.

The other thing I would like to see - and this one I might actually go through with - is an Art Deco hood.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
Lately I've been thinking about creating a hood based on Eça de Queiroz's "The Maias: Episodes of Romantic Life".

Consider my interest piqued. It's a book, right? I always like finding new books to read.

Looking it up now, and...yep, I'm definitely interested. That'd be an amazing feat.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 6:22 PM
I've always wanted to do hoods based on the vacation destinations. It would mean having to essentially build each hood twice, so that the vacation destinations matched the expanded hoods, and then extract the sims I created in the main hoods to use as vacation locals (so that I'd see the same ones walking around when I attached the vacation hoods).
Forum Resident
#11 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 6:35 PM
I'd be really interested in a Sailor Moon themed hood, but more because of how they manage to convey different parts of the series. Especially how they make it clear that they're sailor scouts (Law enforcement career? XD).
Instructor
#12 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
Consider my interest piqued. It's a book, right? I always like finding new books to read.

Looking it up now, and...yep, I'm definitely interested. That'd be an amazing feat.

Yes, it's quite a book. I totally recommend it. One of the best things about this book is the descriptions Eça provides. They really bring you inside the Maias' world. And I guess they make it easier for me to recreate the places portrayed in the novel, lol
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
Yes, it's quite a book. I totally recommend it. One of the best things about this book is the descriptions Eça provides. They really bring you inside the Maias' world. And I guess they make it easier for me to recreate the places portrayed in the novel, lol

Seems so!

Damn, compulsory for Year 11 in Portugal? I'd love that we had 'Of Mice and Men' and 'Heroes' here in Wales. Brilliant books, but I'd already read them both
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 9:26 PM
I always wanted to make a brazilian city with historical baroque architecture (like Ouro Preto), but I think it would requeire a ton of CC, as The Sims is heavily focused on american culture.
Alchemist
#15 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 10:15 PM
not sure if I made any themed neighborhood.

closest neighborhood in past times playing; main lot was a grave-filled residential. named the neighborhood Death Raising.
told about the neighborhood in past threads.

and in past times playing; created neighborhoods that had copies of various pre-made lots.
Scholar
#16 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 8:46 AM
Jane Austen hood. Hands down. I have tried several times, but failed. Either I get sidetracked with medieval houses instead of regency ones, or I get bored.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 2:29 PM
A supernatural themed hood would great.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#18 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
I've always wanted to do hoods based on the vacation destinations. It would mean having to essentially build each hood twice, so that the vacation destinations matched the expanded hoods, and then extract the sims I created in the main hoods to use as vacation locals (so that I'd see the same ones walking around when I attached the vacation hoods).

Would you be able to use HoodReplace for that?
Inventor
#19 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 2:39 PM
Definitely a 'through the decades' type hood. I plan on doing it so I'm looking around for era accurate houses (like mid-century modern houses of the 1950s/1960s, beachfront condominiums of the 1980s, etc.) because I can't build them myself. I also want to attempt building a military base neighborhood, like Fort Bragg. I think that one would be a little easier to accomplish for my building skills.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#20 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 4:44 PM
So many good ideas! Would it surprise anyone to hear that I want them all? (but especially one I mentioned :3 )

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#21 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 5:24 PM
A neighborhood that has two business district which are exact parallels to the main hood but one of them representing a different era (past and future). The Main hood would be in-between timeline; present.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
I'd be really interested in a Sailor Moon themed hood, but more because of how they manage to convey different parts of the series. Especially how they make it clear that they're sailor scouts (Law enforcement career? XD).

Making them witches also maybe?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#23 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aysarth
I once made a Pride & Prejudice themed hood, because I thought those would be interesting households to play through. I got distracted making regency careers, though, and never got around to playing it.
:lovestruc

Quote: Originally posted by SciBirg
Jane Austen hood. Hands down. I have tried several times, but failed. Either I get sidetracked with medieval houses instead of regency ones, or I get bored.
:lovestruc

Love, love, love these ideas, Aysarth and SciBirg!!! A Georgian/Regency neighbourhood something like these ideas would be my dream Hood! I've also thought about a Steampunk/Victorian hood; could be combined with an apocalypse idea (thus the steampunk influence).

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
Would you be able to use HoodReplace for that?

I dunno actually, but that's an interesting idea!

I was thinking I'd give it a go and just start by building the mainhood versions, save some of the buildings I especially liked and wanted to use, and then bulldoze everything in the vacation subhood and put my buildings in.

I think the only problem would be wanting to ensure that my vacation hoods always looked that way (I'd kind of need to create a custom one that I could plunk in and replace the original with so that every hood I build could have my version of Twiikii and so on...) maybe HoodReplace is the best option after all...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 7:35 PM Last edited by didyouevenmakeasound : 14th Jun 2018 at 7:36 PM. Reason: spelling
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
I dunno actually, but that's an interesting idea!

I was thinking I'd give it a go and just start by building the mainhood versions, save some of the buildings I especially liked and wanted to use, and then bulldoze everything in the vacation subhood and put my buildings in.

I think the only problem would be wanting to ensure that my vacation hoods always looked that way (I'd kind of need to create a custom one that I could plunk in and replace the original with so that every hood I build could have my version of Twiikii and so on...) maybe HoodReplace is the best option after all...

You know how people made a main-hood version of Bluewater? Maybe someone's done that for Twiikii as well. Let me check that for you.
Page 1 of 4